• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Fiction From the Cell of Lady Amandine, the Lamb of Jhelom.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Written slowly and precisely in the cell of Lady Amandine,

To the Court of Truth, the People of Britannia, and the Knights of the Crux Ansata.

My friends. Tomorrow I shall walk into the Court of Truth to answer a series of charges and questions as they relate to a series of circumstances that have taken place in our lands. I shall answer truthfully and honestly, holding nothing back. I shall stand before my peers with an open heart and an open mind, trusting in the great Court to decide my fate in accordance with the laws and what is best for the Britannian nation as a whole.

While it is true that my methods at times may have seemed callous, cold or questionable, know that my only concern is, and has been the safety, continuation and overall security of Britannia. I hold to the Truth that I have shown as much Courage as I could in the great wave of these troubling times, and that my Love for the people of Britannia outweighs any worry I have for my own safety, security or my own life.

Tomorrow I shall enter very much as I was born and given to my mother, with very little else but a thin blanket to cover my own nakedness. I enter the womb of the court of Truth trusting that the Court shall come to the conclusion that is best for Britannia and for our nation. I know not if I shall face the jeers and condemnation of the people, or if I shall be greeted in the courtroom as a friend. I know not if by the end of the day I shall have my own sword at my hip and my armor chaffing against my thighs, or if I shall feel the sting of the Executioner at my neck. I know only that I love each and every one of you, and what you see tomorrow, I ask that you remember me. Remember who I am, now and before.

Remember what you see, what you have seen. Know that none of us is ever alone, we are all a piece in an infinite puzzle. When one of us falls, either in shame or as a martyr another piece always replaces us. History is our true judge, the worst thing is to be forgotten.

I ask of you on the morrow to wholly embrace the process which will unfold.

To those that will speak against me, I ask that you keep the truth on your tongue and honor in your heart. I hold no ill will against you, nor do I harbor any malice in my heart toward you. Thank you for having the courage to stand with your peers and be the driving force in the wheel of Justice.

To those that will speak for me, I ask that you too keep the truth on your tongue and honor in your heart. I know that you will do the best for me, but I hold no wish to be set free unless it is by the proper turning of the wheel of Justice. I hold none of your responcible for my fate, my actions are, and have been my own. Should the worst come, know that I thank you for representing me.

To those that will judge me, I thank you for remaining impartial as I stand before you. If I have previously harmed you in some way, know that it has never been my intent to harm anyone. If I have previously insulted you, know that it was not my intention. I ask only that you judge me fairly and honestly, that you judge me according to the laws of our land and the code of chivalry. I thank you for having the courage to stand above me in Judgement.

Tomorrow I shall face my fate. I want each and every one of you to know that I love you, and that I thank you for being my hands, my eyes, and my conscience over these long years. Britannia is, and always will be, my heart.

In Service,

Lady Amandine.