• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Friday Fight Nite

• Thread starter Xotche of Meade
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
X

Xotche of Meade

Ok, yes, it's Thursday but I am posting about an event we use to participate in a long long time ago on chessy.

Way back when it was all Felluca homes and folks were playing just for laughs, a few jolly fellows use to have a tower that they would invite folks to come test their skills.

Now I am no coward to run from a good Tavern Brawl... but I do lack having enough tetosterone to run spawns and pvp with any real luck. Somethings are just better left for other types of UO players.

Yet.
Ever have that itch just to bare knuckle it out with just your skills and some crumby armor? No insurance, limited bandaids, pots and regs?

Well perhaps if you are interested and post here we could group together and begin. Perhpaps have one Friday a month dedicated to the sport of bashing each other silly. :D

Sounds like some Fall comic relief to me, what say you?

L

Lord Arcane

i might show up on some of my dusty chars if no guild events those nights

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like fun to me! What is the procedure? Is it with weps or bare knuckles?

If you need any assistance supplying stuff (kegs, bandies, whatever) let me know.. I'll help ya out in that department. =)

X

Xotche of Meade

From what I have experienced with these duels it's a come in naked, be snooped (you may wear night sight), join guild (if you don't believe your opponent will give you a count), if you're already red oh well :D, then go inside the ring.

We have a castle behind the yew gate in Fel that will host this event. On fight nite we will make it open to the public, the roof top will be set up. Griefers will be cast out, no questions, no whining.....behave!

At each corner will be a secure bag for competition, in it will contain the following:
10 bandaids
2 arcane clothing piece
5 pots heal
5 pots cure
5 refresh
1 purple petal
1 plain leather npc vendor suit
a spear
a kryss
a sword
an axe
a bow ( 10 arrows)
a club
5 fish cakes

You may use chiv, bushido, ninja, spellweaving at will. Necro's or Mage's will only be able to cast as many spells as the arcane clothing allows.

It is a fight to the death, suggest you bring nothing that could be looted. Pets may not be summoned, this is a bare knuckled brawl of skill and combo.

Not sure if we should post up a prize, I just figured it would be fun the first round and see how many folks show up.

Please post your suggestions or if I missed anything.

X

Xotche of Meade

How about in two weeks? Friday September 5th at 10:30pm EST.
Need some feedback from folks. If it sounds good I will post it up on the calandar. :thumbsup:

Multani

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would you limit the amount of arrows?
Why wouldn't you be allowed to use reagents, honestly who are you gonna kill with 2 pieces of arcane clothing anyways?

no mage *should* enter, well I guess you could you protection but other then that you will never get one spell off.

120 resist spells is better then a plain leather suit.

this seems like an event for a pre aos pvp system, its just a waste of time to even try with these rules.

L

Lord Arcane

if you know how to use your mage you can get many spells off ad umm with the skills on most archers if you cant kill someone in 10 arrows or less in plain leather suit you just suck i know my archer beat crap out of a few people and i seen others 3 shot people in all 70 suit, i myself feel the rules are great it makes the people understand how to use their char instead of counting on their items to win cuz if you know how to use your char then give him or her all the new bad ass gear you will own, am i wrong? i'm an 11 year vet and i know your nothing unless you know every inch of your char and what better way to learn that? strip them down and relie on your char nothing else thats only way you will true know your char unless your an old vet Pre AOS and have already dealt with all this, just what i think anyways, i know i'm going to bring my mage and i'm sure atleast a few will be surprised

X

Xotche of Meade

Great Input!

You know I was thinking that out myself and personally wondered if the mage's or necro's had enough arcane to pop off enough spells. Doesn't matter to me, 2 or 4 peices of Arcane, you're either gonna be able to cast or not no matter how many regs or arcanes you're wearing. Just didn't want to spend the evening packing little pouches with regs (lazy). Personally, I have had many a 'grey' moment from some talented mages before I could even get close enough to meele them.

If this is truly going to be a 'bare knuckles' event, we have to come in with just our skill set. So you are right, if a mage has invested his skills into magic resist he already is walking into the ring with 40's +. The same if another opponent is walking in with 120 parry true skill and has 90+ dex, an archer or fencer is not going to get very much damage on him, am I right?

Of course then we're talking about combos and specials, which is truly talent/timing/speed. Why give the advantage to someone else who didn't put his skill set together for it by giving up a 70's suit to them? We could get even pickier by gathering only 'use best weapon skill' weps and limiting the specials but then I thought that just makes things more complicated and no fun, especially since there is no prize bounty here- yet.

Giving an extra 5 arrows is fine by me, but if you can't kill off someone in 7 shots or less, I recomend giving up archery, heheeheh. What I didn't want to see is a red or blue stealth archer in the center ring making what should take 2-5 minutes max to duel, kill and get out for the next match.

We have 2 stealthers in my guild and they are a 'pain' to attack and kill, in a duel. Throw them outside in the trees or in a spawn and it's a bit more even. All in all, I didn't want to make this event last all night, which is what typically happened when you get some very very skilled players in the ring with too many resources.

Please come out and have some fun. I look foreward to meeting many folks on Origin. My old tank mage needs some dusting off and I am by far no true pvp'r (too much girlie girl, my timing is deplorable) but she can take a few good gut kicks. :blushing:

It would be a real treat to see some 'old skool' and 'new skill' players duke it out without the jewels, the l33t suits and arties.

More input please!

Multani

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i myself feel the rules are great it makes the people understand how to use their char instead of counting on their items to win cuz if you know how to use your char then give him or her all the new bad ass gear you will own, am i wrong?
I will say your wrong, because learning how to play a character with 0 fast casting and 0 recovery isn't even comparable to playing with 2 fc and 6 recovery.

If this is truly going to be a 'bare knuckles' event, we have to come in with just our skill set. So you are right, if a mage has invested his skills into magic resist he already is walking into the ring with 40's +. The same if another opponent is walking in with 120 parry true skill and has 90+ dex, an archer or fencer is not going to get very much damage on him, am I right?
This is what I was getting at, if a player has 120 parry with only 10 arrows you have a very slim chance to kill this guy when you factor in missed shots / parried shots and meanwhile this guy will be using potions and bandages to heal. What is the archer to do once he uses his 10 arrows? stand there and die?

L

Lord Arcane

i won't say your wrong you do make very good points and maybe its just me but like with my mage i have a back up weapon skill just in case i can't get spells off or i can only get little spells off lesser heal fire ball and what not, i don't know i'm willing to give it a shot lol i might be crazy and be walking into my death but it might teach me something new maybe i'll find something wrong with my template or see some others that are much better then mine, i know i really want to go just to see what others have come up with, and if they are willing to give us more arrows or regs to you even better, cuz unlike flat out dexer with sword fencing or macing they don't run out of arrows or regs so i do see your point :)

X

Xotche of Meade

Good points.

Tossing in extra arrows is not a problem as I don't see it as an unfair advantage. What I think will be interesting is to see the outcome of a few good duels between several differant skill sets.

When ever there is spare time I do try to go out to test center and fool around but it's not the same since you really are not proficient at that time, you're learning to play that form. So most of the dueling is pretty much a learning curve.

With a series of duels with folks who have been playing the same character for years/ months their talent levels are awesome. This is where you can truly see if it all paid off for all that grinding.

This should prove to be fun, I hope plenty of folks come out.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad you all are up on this stuff with numbers, resists, parry and whatnot.. yikes! I think I've taken on the ignorance is bliss standpoint with the details because I didn't know any of that stuff. :eek: Thanks for englightening me!

X

Xotche of Meade

Heh, there is alot of dynamics involved out there on the battle field of pvp. I am by far the gold medal winner of the 'most grey robes' in felluca, even being part of a huge spawn guild for years didn't help. Suppose it's really mind over matter and understandably, alot of UO women lack the tetosterone spit it takes to just engage in pvp.

To those who raise their sword....we solute you! :bowdown:

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh, there is alot of dynamics involved out there on the battle field of pvp. I am by far the gold medal winner of the 'most grey robes' in felluca, even being part of a huge spawn guild for years didn't help. Suppose it's really mind over matter and understandably, alot of UO women lack the tetosterone spit it takes to just engage in pvp.

To those who raise their sword....we solute you! :bowdown:
I'd rather hug a tree. ;)

Just kidding.. mostly! I find PvP to be exciting, love to watch others but I really don't feel that I'm coordinated enough to be a successful PvP'er. I'm certainly not a hot-blooded individual. Not that being full of fire is a bad thing, it's just not my style. :p

Looking forward to coming! I'll participate knowing full well that I'm going to lose. :D

X

Xotche of Meade

LOL, did I say that wrong? *gulps*

I meant that if there were a catagory for "most collected/ died in action/ such a loser at pvp that all I have is this grey robe to show for it" I would be nominated for a gold medal, hehehe.

Almost 11 years in game and I still remember being stomped in the Minoc mines by reds and never able to get out of it, because they gated my newbie keaster between the Brit gate walls. Thats beyond sad, lol. :loser:

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Unfortunately I plan to be "swinging schtick" that weekend at a Midieval reinactment event in Iowa.

...provided my ankle is better by then...

X

Xotche of Meade

Well bummer, here I was looking forward to adding a few extra lumps onto your skull, hehehehe.:danceb:

X

Xotche of Meade

One week to prepare!

I think this would be a wonderful warm up for any of those players who wish to tweek up their style a bit and then adventure off to an actual pvp event next month, the Crimson Rumble. Sounds like fun! :thumbsup:

Hope to see you!

X

Xotche of Meade

Due to tomorrow being taken in advance by another event that has some history as being the shard Auction Night/ First Friday of each month.... guild TDA will set another date later.

We were going to host this Saturday, but this shard has a wonderful surprise in store!

Please be sure to attend the Deal or No Deal event this Saturday. :)