• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Free to a good Home: Lockpick training boxes

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm in the process of moving the THB Guildhouse from Malas to Trammel, and with the elimination of the anti-macro code a couple years ago, it just doesn't NEED that many boxes cluttering up the lockdowns.

I have a number of 50, 75 and GM tinker boxes (20 per box) that I'm gonna throw away, if someone doesn't step up and take them off my hands.

I'd prefer they go to 1 or 2 people wanting to set up public lockpicking training houses, but will give them away to someone training LP if it comes to it.

D

Desolation87

Just wanted to say, I GM'ed my LP there about 6months ago now. Awesome place to train, helped me out so much! Thanks!

E

Evilminion

Hmmmmm, well, I have a plot of land in Zento that I'm not doing much with. Right now it's a mahjong parlor. :D If there's any interest, I would be happy to set up a lockpick training facility with Basara's boxes...?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just message me when you want some - I probably will drop the old house after midnight tonight, to get the gold back.

BTW, the new house is now open, at the Compassion Desert Crossroads (IIRC, it is in the same spot that Mosiah's Madness was once located).

And, do you actually have any real mahjong players? I've always wanted to try playing in UO (I own my own tile set in real life, but only get to play about once a year).

E

Evilminion

Sadly, nobody ever plays mahjong in my mahjong parlor, which is why I'm more than willing to turn the place into a training hall, heehee!

Speaking of which, I spent a good part of the morning resizing and redesigning the house, so I'm ready to stack lockpick boxes. I also need to hassle a crafter into making me some training dummies and other add-ons; might as well put in training stuff for multiple skills.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, the boxes you got were the 75 skill ones. The 50-skill crates are in a crate on the top floor of the new THB house, and I'll get another container for the GM boxes that will also be set to anyone.

D

DebiHIS

Ohhhh, I have a t-hunter in training, that would love to GM his lockpick skill, where is this house in zento?
Our guild also has a library, and I would love to add a rune to the place!

P

Parsifal

I have a GM tinker and can make these at will. If anyone needs additional GM Tinker Lockboxes, let me know. I will gladly make them for you. I do not use ICQ so PM me here.

E

Evilminion

Hi again!

I figured out where everything's going to go in the house; now I just need to get my hands on the rest of those boxes and set up the training area! :)

Basara, I'll PM you about dragging those back to the Luna bank, if you don't mind. :)

Debi, it's at the east corner of the southern wall of Zento. Nothing in there now, though. Need to get these boxes set up, and make some crafting add-ons and training dummies before I announce an open house, so to speak!

D

DebiHIS

Kewl. I know i will be one of the first ones to train my t-hunter there.
I had a few crates with boxes/crates in them, in our guild library, to train up to level 75, but they have recently dissappeared :(.
So you're place sounds great!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The actual THB Guild house is in Trammel at the crossroads by Compassion desert (Literally the NW neighbor of the old guard fort that bridges the intersection). It has rune books for the maps, as well as LP training boxes up to GM carpentry. There are also some GM Boxes free for the taking on the top floor by the teleporter, if you want a set to take home to train.

Evilminion needs to come by and pick up some of them....

E

Evilminion

I know, I know, I'm a slacker. *embarrassed grin* Aside from a few vengeful whacks at Melissa, I kind of took a couple days off from the game, to soothe my battered dignity after pulling the dumbest stunt ever. :dunce: ;)

On the upside, I have at least +6 in dignity regeneration, so I'm back to hassle you guys already. I'll see if I can find that guildhall this afternoon; if not, I'll PM you to bring those chests to the bank!

Thanks so much again! That corner of Zento has been uninhabited for too long; it'll be great to have people stopping by again.

E

Evilminion

It is, although I still haven't set it up. :) As soon as the Melissa event is over tomorrow, I'll get my butt in gear and finish the place!