• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Free players can no longer work?

• Thread starter waltersobchak11
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

That was a bug and they took care of it. Now the free accounts cannot make money at work.

G

Free accounts are just that free... you get what u pay for this game isnt that expensive to play... and i for one would be pissed off if they could come into where im at and play and do everything i can do for free when i have paid for almost 5 years. Theres nothin wrong with limiting free players thas the point of being free. And with the pay out option commin soon that would be just crazy to allow free players to make money and cash it in for real life money... just plain crazy... They shouldnt get to do what we do ... they should be able to come in look around chat maybe do the actions but not earn anything off of it.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It was never intended for free players to make money at those jobs in EA Land.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I ain't owing back the 4000+ I got from working!

[/ QUOTE ]

Confused? Want to have the perks of Ea Land? Subscribe like the rest of us !!!

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Katheryne seems to think that Free players don't have anything worth contributing, so the least I feel I can do is offer my perspective...

...I really loved this game for the passed week, and I resent Katheryne's sentiment. Us free players have helped to revitalize a community in an incredibly vulnerable state-- so it's foolish to make such presumptuous and misguided statements. I want to thank all of the subscribing players who extended their hospitality to me, as a free player, and hope that EA reconsiders this decision.

[/ QUOTE ]Okay... For anyone who missed it the first time, allow me to repeat what I said:<blockquote><hr>

That's not quite true. The free player can always *gasp* subscribe!

Anyone who is too cheap to either subscribe, use the ATM, or contribute in some positive way to the game is probably not worth having around anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...where do you find those lil' applauding hands?

G

I started like alot of the older players. I bought the game from a store and started paying for it day 1 (minus the 30 day subscription that came with it). Later on, free 14 day trials came out. I thought those worked well. Unlimited access to any city for 14 days. That gave people a chance to try it out (al aspects of it) and decide if they wanted to pay. After 14 days, the account was locked. Now... totally free. They are advertising that it is free. If you want unlimited access to try the game, go to TC3. If you want to come to EA Land, subscribe. It's that simple folks. TC3 needs the influx of players to really test the new coding and having free players there makes sense. Hell, even I have a free account who only plays in TC3. Will I upgrade him? Yeah, I want him in EA Land.

I like what people are saying here. You get what you pay for. Don't want to pay $9.99 a month? Feel free to head over to TC3 for unlimited access. Want to check out EA Land? Come on over. But, to have the same access, you have to subscribe like the rest of us.

I

imported_Shirl1211

I thinks its kinda childish for people to make it try and sound like a threat that they aren't going to subscribe because" my brother Joe can't play here and my friend Billy can't go there" and my dad is bigger than your dad...yadda , yadda..
Get a friggen subcription if you want all the perks. I mean like duhhhh ,that's what the rest of us did. These kinds of complaints get so annoying

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Katheryne seems to think that Free players don't have anything worth contributing, so the least I feel I can do is offer my perspective. I saw my brother playing this game last week, and being someone who has NEVER liked the sims in my life, there was a certain appeal to this game that got me instantly hooked. The community, the custom content, the job minigames, etc. Since last week, I've been playing a few hours a day, and 3 of my other family members have gotten involved (5 total). Sure, it was disappointing to know that we didn't have the advantages of paying members, but we all knew that if we worked together and saved up doing our ridiculously LOW-PAYING jobs, that we would eventually have a place in EA LAND for ourselves. ^_^ About 2 days ago, we made enough for a plot of land, and two of us decided that, you know what, this game is fun, so why not subscribe. Thank god that I held off til today to read this absolutely insulting and irrational turn of events. There is no point in subscribing anymore knowing that the other 3 of our family members are going to be demoted to the state of mere spectactors in a world that requires simoleons to advance. It's unfortunate, because I'm sure they would have all come around at some point. How I see it, the decline of other free players as a result of this news is inevitable, because no one is going to play a free game for more than a few days when they realize that there's no way for them to advance without getting some low paying job from another player. We are not lap dogs. Many people might also form misconceptions about how the game works thinking that such a strict and unfriendly environment is what they're getting when they subscribe, and it's a shameful notion, because this game could have been appealing to many would-be customers, if not for the countless restrictions imposed.

I really loved this game for the passed week, and I resent Katheryne's sentiment. Us free players have helped to revitalize a community in an incredibly vulnerable state-- so it's foolish to make such presumptuous and misguided statements. I want to thank all of the subscribing players who extended their hospitality to me, as a free player, and hope that EA reconsiders this decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please. You we're going to subscribe until today? Now your not because the the other members you speak of don't get the perks that a paid membership gives. IMHO it sounds to me like your intentions we're merely to play the game for only for free. Ya know, TC3 will still let you.

P

PepsiCEO05

You know what these free players remind me of? Illegal immigrants.

G

OMG! Living in South Florida i can totally understand that. They don't pay taxes (subscription fees) and expect our government to hand out money and such to them (Tips!!! or "Can I have some money?").

Pay your taxes and your government will work for you... not you working for the government. Though, I think the government gives great benefits... lol

The reality is, if someone asks me for help, I will gladly show them anything. If they come in asking for money, my response is "Well, if you give me some money then I'll have some to give you!". I actually said this to one person. He was quite confused. He replied "Well I have no money. THis is why I am asking you for some." My simple response was "Well then... we are in the same boat. Why not subscribe and you can get a job and make some money." He quickly left my lot in search of someone else who would give him money.

Welcome to free-loaders EA Land style people. This will never end until all the free accounts become paying accounts, they go to TC3 where they can make money or EA does something to stop all the begging.

Mind you, if a friend of mine comes to me and asks for money I will gladly give it to them. And no... everyone on this thread is not my best friend... lol... but i do love you all... lmao

M

mysticlisa516

IMO, free players have 3 choices: Play with unlimited access in TC3, subscribe to have unlimited access in EA Land, or STHU. You really don't think paying subscribers are gonna stick around if free players get what we get after paying for years, do ya?

I've been to other games with free playing access, and everyone of them have restrictions to free players, why should EA Land be any different?

G

i believe ea land should be limited to paying accts only..., ive noticed a lot more scammers on game lately and most are on free play... wow, everquest, and more online games offer free trials but you can only progress up to a certain level, freetrial should be limited to tc-3, testcenter 3 has lower payouts and more restrictions anyways....

G

The fact is simple. The free play isn't working. EA was hoping more players would try the game... fall in love... and subscribe. It isn't working. Free players are staying as free players. Those of us who have been here for years are seeing this influx of players as a good thing but also a bad thing. Good because there are new players in our game. Bad because they do demand alot of work... along with helping them out. Now I have no problems helping a new player learn the ropes... but at least subscribe and we can really show you around.

I still think they should go back to the 14 day free trial. It gave them unlimited access for 14 days. After that, it locked them out. It gave them 2 solid weeks to skill, make money and such... and if they liked it they would subscribe and continue.