• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FREE FLOATING SPELLS

F

Fink

If you wanted a tidier layout (but still free floating) you could create a new long hotbar, "dock" the singles to it, then delete the long hotbar. All the single spells would be "gridded" up like icons on your windows desktop.

O

Old Man of UO

If you wanted a tidier layout (but still free floating) you could create a new long hotbar, "dock" the singles to it, then delete the long hotbar. All the single spells would be "gridded" up like icons on your windows desktop.
This is also a great way to keep a tidy desktop and create key bindings to spells, special moves, and whatever you can use to create macros. When I have a spell with a key binding, I don't need to see the spell icon that takes up desktop space.

Drag a long hot bar, fill it with spells and special moves that you need. Assign your targets and hot keys, then drag the hotbar size back to zero icons. You can do this as many times as you want and dock them all together and out of the way.

T

Teiwaz

Ok for those of us that are computer dunces please tell me what a hotbar is and how I can do what the peep above your post did for free floating spell icons.

T

TheGrayGhost

Ok for those of us that are computer dunces please tell me what a hotbar is and how I can do what the peep above your post did for free floating spell icons.

If you right click the main hotbar you get an option to create a new hotbar. This new hotbar can be resized from the bottom right side of the hotbard, just left click and hold and you can adjust the size. Seems you can make as many as you want (At least I nor anyone else I have heard from have found a limit yet).

Edited to Add: Oops, the Hotbar is the row of boxes you see at the bottom of your screen (Default). You can put items (Including Ethreal mounts), spells, macro's, etc in the boxes.