• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Free Accounts -- New Issue IMPORTANT PROPERTY LIST ISSUE

G

Isn't this the sort of thing that widgets do so well? Maybe a widget maker will create a yellow pages that can list or be searched for all online stores....or other categories....by anyone?

I am clueless about widget programing, but this seems to be the sort of thing they could do.

.....then we would not have to wait for the dev's to be caught up and free!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Isn't this the sort of thing that widgets do so well? Maybe a widget maker will create a yellow pages that can list or be searched for all online stores....or other categories....by anyone?

I am clueless about widget programing, but this seems to be the sort of thing they could do.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO Gilly.....you just gave me an idea....why not make it available through our little sim computers?

Why not make a directory that we could access via our little 'Gilla Monster' computers?

Heck...just a random thought....the AH could be called SimBay and once again....be available at any computer station.

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

I like the idea of the mailbox and the auction house, but comon guys.. Please stay on topic.

The randomized or refreshing list is bad because owners have nothing to work towards. The IP List still makes most sense. It is fair and gives owners a goal to work towards.

[/ QUOTE ]
The randomizing, refreshing list of open stores is fair. The goal of store owners (if they want a measurable goal) should be to make money. Stores that offer unique CC or good prices on catalog items and great service will sell more. More simoleans means more real dollars when/if cash out is enabled. There is no need for stores to have some artificial measurement of how well they are doing. Their bottom line will tell them.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I like the idea of the mailbox and the auction house, but comon guys.. Please stay on topic.

The randomized or refreshing list is bad because owners have nothing to work towards. The IP List still makes most sense. It is fair and gives owners a goal to work towards.

[/ QUOTE ]
The randomizing, refreshing list of open stores is fair. The goal of store owners (if they want a measurable goal) should be to make money. Stores that offer unique CC or good prices on catalog items and great service will sell more. More simoleans means more real dollars when/if cash out is enabled. There is no need for stores to have some artificial measurement of how well they are doing. Their bottom line will tell them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok...topic...hiding sims in stores to get to top of top 100 list?

Well, how to get rid of that is to make it less worthwhile in doing that.

Some of the things being discussed previously are things that could take the place of the 'shopping' system we currently have in place.

Personally....how much money is turned over in a store to me wouldn't be an accurate account of how well a store is doing. Customer hours can be unfairly generated by using alts. # of different guests can also be unfairly generated by using alts.

So the only other thing to fix it would be to revamp the retail category....morphing it into something other then just another category fighting for #1. Stores need to be open and available and any type of consumer item available in game should be accessible at any time when people log on. Things like AH's and PO's....maybe giving special incentives to create 'specialty' shops such as appliances only....etc.

The categories right now are way too basic. We've had them for years and years. I look forward to seeing how the Devs can bring them into the next generation of EAland.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO Gilly.....you just gave me an idea....why not make it available through our little sim computers?

Why not make a directory that we could access via our little 'Gilla Monster' computers?

Heck...just a random thought....the AH could be called SimBay and once again....be available at any computer station.

[/ QUOTE ]I love your ideas! Have you considered posting them to the development wiki? Being able to use the computers to access a sort of sims eBay ("SimBay" may be too close to the real name to avoid trouble with copyright infringement) would be awesome!