• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

foundation idea

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this design of Skylark's got me to thinkin'..... I love how the west edge just combines with the surroundings, so that the house appears to just be part of the landscape and not plunked down on top of it.... wouldn't it be great to have grass foundation walls so that this would happen on all edges? course, there'd be that problem of the front steps, but then maybe they would appear to be simply going up a slight incline to the house

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grass steps! They'd look like grass tiles but with shading to make them look like they're going up. Could also do incline-snow steps and sand steps...mmm...would need grass like/sand like/snow like foundations too...

*dreams*

M

MoneyMaker

great Idea for those who like to make a Mini town with their plot.
Adds just a bit more *flow* to the look of housing in UO.
If they add this as a housing concept, I will definately use it!!

Maelwyn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wish they didn't even have the raised plot. It's make the land look much nicer if the plots just blended in with the rest of the scenery. But then it'd be hard to know where houses were.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the foundations were grass they'd look awesome but I think they'd blend in a little too much! :D I run straight into illusion plots all the time when I'm not paying attention, especially coming from the north/west sides. Still I'd love some more 'natural' looking foundations. Sand, clay, stacked stones...