• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Former "Vet" player here...

• Thread starter trebor223
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

trebor223

Hello! I played back in the day from long before the induction of Samurais and Tokuno dyes, until about a year or so after having acknowledged my Elven heritage. I was in a guild called "The Red Cross" on Atlantic. We had a neutral guild house in Fel. Many fun fun times were had by all!

I left UO for a new little game called W.o.W. Needless to say I've since left the world of morecrap, and am considering tossing my coin back into UO.

Any thoughts, advice, comments?

Thanks

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a vet who returned after a 4 year break, I can only give you this advice. Prepare to re-learn everything you thought you knew.

Ok, so maybe that's a little overly dramatic, but there have been some big changes while you were gone. If you do decide to come back, I'd suggest spending a few bucks with a gold broker if you don't already have a decent nest egg from when you quit (assuming you're using an already established account). The economy is not what it used to be, inflation has taken a heavy toll on things. There are a few new skills that you might want to look into, and if you do, take the new haven quests for them. They will advance you to a decent starting level, and help give you a basic understanding of the skills. Beyond that, the only other thing I can say is don't be afraid to ask questions. I've been back about a year and I'm still pretty confused most of the time.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just come back "home" to us!

Like Black_Sun said, just ask anything around here and there plenty of people who can try to help out with your questions.

G

Hmmmm, flipping from the Dark Side back to the Light?

C'mon back ... it's a whole new game. Honest.