• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Former player looking at UO again

• Thread starter imported_Serafina Cole
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Serafina Cole

I was going through some OLD files on an even older computer the other day and came by a bunch of screen shots from quests during the real old days on UO. It got me reminiscing of alot of the fun we had.

I'm looking for some "old-school" players on Sonoma from ages ago when all the great quests were happening. The days of the YMCA, Mage Tower, Dark Tower, Lady Bree & Balart, Ceridwen, Oasis Fight Nights -- cant forget Ironwood, too! Are any of you here anymore??

I'm looking to get in touch with one in specific (but would love to hear from any who were around back then) ---- Serafina's best bud Morgan le Fay. If you're reading this --- or you know them and can pass the message along --- PM me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I havent played UO in 4+ years and truly loved it while I did. I had a great guild (DT - Dark Tower) and the players I roleplayed (or just played with) with were the best bunch of people I've ever known in one online community. We had a great base of roleplayers back then.

Does RP still exist in Felucca on Sonoma these days? Trammel? I'm really not too interested in all the new fancy-schmancy stuff, to be honest.

I've often thought of coming back but want to feel out the RP situation and decide if Sonoma is right for me now.

And Hi DOR! I'm so glad you're still around --- like the old gate-watcher -- it's like coming 'home'. ;-)

~Player of
Serafina Cole [DT - Dark Tower] - Felucca
Moll formerly [YMCA - Yew Merry Center for All] - Felucca
Juno

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dor is still around from the Y. Ill let her reminice with ya when she posts eventually, hehe. Maybe see you in game sometime soon!!!

R

Rhianyn

Hey, Serafina, I remember you
We did the al' Suq quest (even though I was forever at the tail end of any group cause my conn sucked
). I just started playing again not to long ago (though I've been in and out for the whole 9 years, but often spend months and months 'out'). Things are very different, but I still find many aspects of the game to have fun with. And they're starting to do more quests.

S

Shayla LaVeaux

Hello! I'm a former player that just returned recently also. I played on Sonoma about 4 years ago and I was also involved in the RP community. I have no idea if you'd remember me though. I had (and still have) 2 main characters. Lady Jessica, she was a member of the Ironwood Ladies Soceity, and also married to Lothar of The Black Legion. And Shayla LaVeaux, she was in the short lived guild PnP with Mistress Reina. I'm having a blast since I've been back. To be honest though, I haven't seen too many RP'rs but maybe I'm not in the right spot. It'd be wonderful to see some more vets return and bring back the RP community. The house customization is really cool, I love it.

Welcome back

F

Froggmann

Wow looks like a lot of us old "vets" are comming back I just came back 3 months ago and have run into one or two old names. Infact yesterday I ran into Drizzit Bo'durden And I heard somewhere that Grugg is back as well.

BTW this is:

Froggmann
Brutus
Kiosk Sein

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw Morgan le Fay out doing Tokuno Event last night and remembered you had asked about them. Thought I would be nice and mention to him/her that a former player was asking about them on Sonoma Forums. All I can say is Morgan le Fay is probably the most rudest, spiteful and ******** person I've met in game. According to him/her, I have the "wrong" Morgan le Fay and I should basically not harrass them again about such nonsense. BTW, weird that uo char search only lists ONE Morgan le Fay for Sonoma shard yet I have the wrong one... tsk tsk. Teach me to try and be nice =/

L

Lady Vixen

welcome back! Glad to see so many returning to UO, specially folks with old screen shots and stories of the old days of UO. Hope to see more of you here at the forum and in game.

Hey Frogg you do ok at the auction the other day? Saw some of thing you were selling, I think you hit it big with the vendor deed there.

I

imported_Serafina Cole

<blockquote><hr>

Dor is still around from the Y. Ill let her reminice with ya when she posts eventually, hehe. Maybe see you in game sometime soon!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks alot! I havent talked to Dor in ages and would love to catch up!

I

imported_Serafina Cole

<blockquote><hr>

Hey, Serafina, I remember you
We did the al' Suq quest (even though I was forever at the tail end of any group cause my conn sucked
). I just started playing again not to long ago (though I've been in and out for the whole 9 years, but often spend months and months 'out'). Things are very different, but I still find many aspects of the game to have fun with. And they're starting to do more quests.

[/ QUOTE ]

Silk! I remember you. :)
I *loved* the old quests -- we used to have so much fun.
I don't have the time like I used to--- to dedicate to UO like I used to --- but have downloaded the Gold version to give it a shot again and see if it can keep my interest enough to start playing again. Character building will be slow --- I only have about 4-5 hours a week to play.

Good to see you!

I

imported_Serafina Cole

<blockquote><hr>

Hello! I'm a former player that just returned recently also. I played on Sonoma about 4 years ago and I was also involved in the RP community. I have no idea if you'd remember me though. I had (and still have) 2 main characters. Lady Jessica, she was a member of the Ironwood Ladies Soceity, and also married to Lothar of The Black Legion. And Shayla LaVeaux, she was in the short lived guild PnP with Mistress Reina. I'm having a blast since I've been back. To be honest though, I haven't seen too many RP'rs but maybe I'm not in the right spot. It'd be wonderful to see some more vets return and bring back the RP community. The house customization is really cool, I love it.

Welcome back

[/ QUOTE ]

Shayla I remember you! I don't think we actually played together at all but I remember Lady Jessica of ILS.
I've seen some of the house options and they look interesting ---- will be awhile before I can afford even the tiniest house, though! ;-)

I

imported_Serafina Cole

<blockquote><hr>

Wow looks like a lot of us old "vets" are comming back I just came back 3 months ago and have run into one or two old names. Infact yesterday I ran into Drizzit Bo'durden And I heard somewhere that Grugg is back as well.

BTW this is:

Froggmann
Brutus
Kiosk Sein

[/ QUOTE ]

YEAH! Froggmann! Talk about old Vet! ;-)
Good to see you! Funny how lots of 'old-timers' are coming around again.... It's groovy to see.

I'm only in game about 4 hours a week and being on a different time zone now --- I don't see anyone when Im' in game!

I

imported_Serafina Cole

<blockquote><hr>

I told you you'd be back...

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG!!! DC !!!!!!!
You're still here.

Did Sera and Deathclaw ever get married? I have the worst memory.

Are you on Pacific now???? Is that a recent screenshot? How did Sera's flower get to Pacific?

PM me and I will give you my contact info when I get home tonight.

It sucks that I'm on a different time zone now that I moved east from the west coast ---- I am rarely online when everyone else is --- was one of the big reasons I left UO --- no one around when I was!

I'm so happy to see you.

I

imported_Serafina Cole

<blockquote><hr>

I saw Morgan le Fay out doing Tokuno Event last night and remembered you had asked about them. Thought I would be nice and mention to him/her that a former player was asking about them on Sonoma Forums. All I can say is Morgan le Fay is probably the most rudest, spiteful and ******** person I've met in game. According to him/her, I have the "wrong" Morgan le Fay and I should basically not harrass them again about such nonsense. BTW, weird that uo char search only lists ONE Morgan le Fay for Sonoma shard yet I have the wrong one... tsk tsk. Teach me to try and be nice =/

[/ QUOTE ]

Wolfie --- thanks for trying --- but I'm fairly sure that whomever you talked to in-game wasnt my Morgan. I'm sure my Morgan quit UO long long long ago --- sorry you had to put up with that abuse!

I

imported_Serafina Cole

<blockquote><hr>

welcome back! Glad to see so many returning to UO, specially folks with old screen shots and stories of the old days of UO. Hope to see more of you here at the forum and in game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks alot!
We had so much fun 'back in the old days' --- it was really different! I'm having a hard time grasping all the new changes since I played --- and with my limited time to be able to play I'm sure it will be months and months before I will have workable characters ---- I just wish I could find the RP.

S

Shayla LaVeaux

I'd love to see more vets return, that would be really fun! If you started a brand new account, you'll probably be in Haven. That is a good place to be. It is frequented quite a bit and almost everyone one there is friendly. You will receive a lot of help from other players
LoveSpirit in particular, she is awesome. She will help you out, get you a house, get you started
Working on characters is fun and it doesn't really take that long. The tailoring quests and BODs are fun (for me anyway, but then again I've always loved crafting). Hope to see ya in game!!

I

imported_Serafina Cole

<blockquote><hr>

I'd love to see more vets return, that would be really fun! If you started a brand new account, you'll probably be in Haven. That is a good place to be. It is frequented quite a bit and almost everyone one there is friendly. You will receive a lot of help from other players
LoveSpirit in particular, she is awesome. She will help you out, get you a house, get you started
Working on characters is fun and it doesn't really take that long. The tailoring quests and BODs are fun (for me anyway, but then again I've always loved crafting). Hope to see ya in game!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What are tailoring quests and BODs?? Yes, I'm really outta the loop now!

I already renounced young status anyhow --- I wanted to head over to felucca and take a look around. Maybe I should head back to Haven!

G

1. I don't think they ever actually got married after thier torrid love affair, i think before that had a chance at happening Serafina Died.
2. That screen shot was taken about 1 minute before i posted it
3. I am on pacific now
4. I got this PM randomly a few years ago:

I beleive I have something you possibly might want.
Lemme know when you can meet me.

Met up with him at brit bank and was handed both your rose and mine (mine is the other one on my roof in the screen shot).

About 2 months earlier I had moved my 3 main characters to Pacific, and a few months later when a friend of mine was transfering stuff from sonoma I sent both roses to the original Deathclaws new home.

I

imported_Serafina Cole

<blockquote><hr>

1. I don't think they ever actually got married after thier torrid love affair, i think before that had a chance at happening Serafina Died.

[/ QUOTE ]

DC, I'm pretty sure Sera's story didnt include death ---- I think in the end, RP-wise, she just kinda ... took a gate to nowhere, vowing to perhaps return another day.

Too bad you arent on Sonoma anymore! I need to find some old friends to play with and who might be able to make me some runebooks, help out with a little house or something in Fel or Tram, etc.... someone to hang with in game! .. and you were always fun!

I'm not on the west coast anymore either --- moved back to central Canada (about 10 hours north of Minneapolis) --- so even on Sonoma i'm in a different time zone than most players.

Maybe I will have to come to Pac to liven up Deathclaw's life there. ;-)

R

Rhianyn

<blockquote><hr>

will be awhile before I can afford even the tiniest house, though! ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Serafina, if you need gold, or for that matter, a house, just speak up
I'd be glad to help out. I have a little plot right outside the Luna gate that I've just been using as a garden, you can have it outright. Or if you prefer Fel I'd be happy to friend you to my old L shape that none of my chars use, but I hang onto cause it's grandfathered onto a 2 house account or you're welcome to take up residence in my little shop by the skara moongate in Fel.

My ICQ is 26871386 (though I admit I'm bad about remembering to turn it on .. but I'll be more diligent
)

D

Dor of Sonoma

*grins*

Hey, Moll!

It's great to see you checking back in. Aye, there are still a few of us knocking around...and even though Janus averred in '99 that, "If Dor is a roleplayer, my left foot is a lobster", I would like to believe that I may have improved a bit over the intervening years. *snickers*

I have some of your things that were (barely) rescued from your home when it decayed, and have held on to them for you: some of your writings, as well as poems from Adunaphel and so forth - and some Valentine Cards.

I also have a sponsored place for a new home for you quite near the YMCA, if your are interested. Fully funded, there would be no cost to you. Please let me know if you are interested.

Oh, and welcome back. *smiles*

Addax -S-

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, nice to see you about again. You might remember Addax, but I tended to go unnoticed a lot.

If you need some runebooks, I'd be glad to help you. I used to sell them and still have various ones lying about.

As to your question about BODs, they are Bulk Order Deeds that you can fill with 10-20 of a certain smith or tailor item and turn it in for a reward. There's more info about them here.

S

Steve McCarthy

Serafina,

You owe me a story! Its like hmmm..3 or 4 years? Pay yer just debts!! Glad to have you back. Although I still own property on Sonoma I have been playing Siege. Glad your back. Always nice to have another quality player back.

Steve

I

imported_Serafina Cole

Silk --- thank you for your kind and generous offers!!! I will icq you when I have more time online.

For now, I wanted to share these with you --- OLD screen shots of the Al'Suq quest!

I

imported_Serafina Cole

Dor! You are too fabulous for words! I'm so glad you're still around!

I am not sure when I'll be ingame -- my time is limited now to a few hours a week -- but I'll try and come by the Y for Story Night Friday --- or definately sometime on the weekend.

Do you use AIM or icq anymore? my aim is heliina71 icq 439 401 521
Again, Im' only on them anyhow when I'm in game.
Best way to contact me is PM.

I'm excited!!!! It's really good to see you here!

I

imported_Serafina Cole

Addax! I remember you! Sometimes the old memory works!
Are you around the Y at all still?

Steve --- a story?!!! I vaguely remember this --- and yes it's been 3-4 years .. but who's counting?! What was the story for?

G

Well even so central time isn't THAT foriegn to us west coast folks.

Hmm mayber sera didn't die, I honestly don't remember, you were always the record keeper of our tales remember?

we're going to have to get some drinks in TS and chat about the stories and jog our memories and keep going =)

I have SOME chars on sonoma but really no equipment at all, I may be able to get a friend of mine to trade me a few mill on pac for some sonoma gold and work up some gear and be able to play with ya, or at the very lease show up to the YMCA and chat/RP etc. Let me know when your on in the evenings and i'll do my best =)

And you'd be more then welcome to come on pac, I know there's a relatively active RP community there and I have everything you could need there too =) only thing I ask is that you PLEASE help me organize my damn house =/