Forget Atlantic... transfer to GL.

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2003
Faction is already well established over there and guilds like HOT can't be counted on to join.

Instead on waiting for some random patch to get here, let's just expand the fights on Great Lakes already...

Shame on all of us for trusting JC with this.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2003
Please take a look at the faction leader boards on Great Lakes vs Atlantic.

GL is by far the only shard to have a faction environment.

Furthermore, with VIP/L0Lz most likely moving their faction characters to GL, the score boards will take a huge hit with at least 50 points and 6 characters disapearing from the top 20 and at least 20 new characters appearing on Great Lakes.

Many guild like 1vs1, Slap and UZI have joined factions just like we did.

Sadly, we all fell for the same trap and trusted JC. His intentions we're great but his level of commitment is questionable.

Atl top faction point count:
http://town.uo.com/factions/factions_0.html

Gl top faction point count:
http://town.uo.com/factions/factions_3.html

G

Um, I just did a comparison and Atlantic almost has the same level of participation right now as Great Lakes. Both shards have the same number of guilds in Factions. Atlantic has 27 players to Great Lakes' 37 players with kill points. In just this pre-event stage the level of participation on Atlantic nearly matches Great Lakes. So I don't see how you can claim that activity on Great Lakes is worth transferring for.

Furthermore, Atlantic has 70 veteran players in all faction guilds and Great Lakes has 110.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2003
<blockquote><hr>

Um, I just did a comparison and Atlantic almost has the same level of participation right now as Great Lakes. Both shards have the same number of guilds in Factions. Atlantic has 27 players to Great Lakes' 37 players with kill points. In just this pre-event stage the level of participation on Atlantic nearly matches Great Lakes. So I don't see how you can claim that activity on Great Lakes is worth transferring for.

Furthermore, Atlantic has 70 veteran players in all faction guilds and Great Lakes has 110.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, Atl has a lot less and GL has a lot more since we're going to do factions on GL.

When we leave, half the faction points will as well. GL factions will be much bigger then Atls.

Furthermore, advancement of this event on GL may encourage other players to transfer and not wait for a random patch to get here.

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, Atl has a lot less and GL has a lot more since we're going to do factions on GL.

When we leave, half the faction points will as well. GL factions will be much bigger then Atls.

Furthermore, advancement of this event on GL may encourage other players to transfer and not wait for a random patch to get here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I'm on both GL and ATL this doesn't bother me and I look forward to the fights. But on the other side of this arguement if VIP leaves all the other guilds will crawl out of their holes on ATL. Either way more factions on both shards.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2003
Nope!

VIP will only transfer factions characters to Great Lakes.

We will always have our main characters and others to play on Atlantic or join factions with if it comes down to that.

G

If Great Lakes is so wonderful why wouldn't you transfer your main characters there? Because you know Atlantic is better and you are just trying to spite the upcoming event.

C

Clx-

We're not getting a faction patch anytime soon. Great Lakes sounds like a good plan, for now at least.

G

Everyone is free to do what they wish. I just don't want to hear complaints that the day after someone transfers the event is announced to be happening the following week. Some people may not have the luxury of having characters on both Atlantic and Great Lakes.

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

If Great Lakes is so wonderful why wouldn't you transfer your main characters there? Because you know Atlantic is better and you are just trying to spite the upcoming event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and No. Factions are a lot better on GL, hands down. On the other hand Spawning would be just as dull for you guys there. (VIP that is) You think HOT is a punching bag? Wait until you meet BC, they suck on so many levels its hard for me to put it into words. They are pretty much a crappy version of HOT accept they never carry any loot.... But factions are a ton better, or at least they were several weeks ago.

C

Calibretto

So far I think Jc's done a fine job. Can't be very easy to organize.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2003
Yet he's waiting on a patch to HOPEFULLY remove auto balance in faction so that his 600 character (500 of them probably 1x GM or less) can join factions!

So that 10 days later, they can quit it.

G

Yeah, there are some changes that would have to be made for our guild to join. This has been clearly stipulated since day 1. What is your point?

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2003
Clearly everyone understood my point except for JC.

Why wait for a change that may NEVER happen for a guild that WON'T PLAY more then 10 days?

HOT needs to create it's own faction stone and start this event within the next month.

G

This event was originally going to be HOT vs LNR only. Then I decided to open it up to more guilds. Then I decided to open it up to everyone. Despite enlarging the number of participants two times, there are still some things that have to be taken care of before the event can begin.

So while you want the event to begin today it just isn't possible. You are going to have to wait until it is ready to start.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 11, 2004
England... Then Left A Bit
I'm not going to take sides in a pissing contest between Atlantic and Great Lakes, but as a long-ago Europa faction player who wants to see a REASON for me to to keep running around in Felucca, I applaud what is being tried on Atlantic.

If the event ever happens, I'll x-fer across. My ping and packet loss will render me almost useless, but I'll fight and die beside any other Europeans who make the jump.

We will never compete on equal terms with the Yankee Hordes, due to simple internet mechanics, but I hope that a lot of us try.

If enough of us suicidal Europeans and Aussies, and Asians make the transfer to Atlantic to show our solidarity with the Faction system, then maybe the EA Gods will decide that it is something worth working on and implement Faction changes across all shards that make Felucca a place that isn't just Yew gate and Champ Soawns.

Please give me a reason to fight.

G

NB-Cats please take your guild and transfer to Great Lakes. I'm sure they will love to have you after what you have been pulling on Atlantic.

So far they have built a guild of entirely blue characters for factions. Within the last couple days they added a couple murderers, but it is still 22 blues to 3 reds. Then they have their non-faction PK guild guard the entrance to COM base so they don't have to deal with stat loss. Isn't it just wonderful how they picked the seemingly "worst" faction base when in reality it sets it up perfectly for them.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2003
Haha!

The crying is ENDLESS!

Do you want us to go TB? Will that make HOT join factions faster?

We gladly will.

H

Haleorn

Well, alot of folk from Europa who I've spoken with about potentially transferring to some American shard were pretty positive a while back about it. But now with this pissing contest (as someone pretty rightly put it) it seems not many of those people, myself included, are as eager to go to a half-assed attempt of it. Seems alot of the main PvP guilds (some of them old faction guilds themselves) on Europa have decided to crack at Factions on Europa itself again. Doubt we're as numerous as you American folk, but I imagine we'll have a giggle of it.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 8, 2004
There is no one playing factions on GL at the moment other then TB, some have transferred to Alt and others just quit.

D

Dragon Spark

I would like to start off by saying Great Lakes has an already established Faction System. We don't need a bunch of trammies saying their is no factions on Great Lakes. Second of all we don't need newbs coming from other Shards thinking their gonna take over cause the TB guild The Brotherhood of Sosaria is owning factions. WREK, which is KTFO is our only Competition cause their the only guild tough enough to try and fight us. So you newbs just better stay in tram otherwise its going to be very unpleasant death for you.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 8, 2004
Atm, there are very few active factions players other the BS. Wrek has left factions, so did S and the haxz faction guild.

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

I would like to start off by saying Great Lakes has an already established Faction System. We don't need a bunch of trammies saying their is no factions on Great Lakes. Second of all we don't need newbs coming from other Shards thinking their gonna take over cause the TB guild The Brotherhood of Sosaria is owning factions. WREK, which is KTFO is our only Competition cause their the only guild tough enough to try and fight us. So you newbs just better stay in tram otherwise its going to be very unpleasant death for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

That made me lol.

I

imported_Tina Small

I talked to Joy from KDL on Saturday to fill her in on some of the stuff that's supposed to be coming over the next couple of months and to tell her that the KDL guildhouse has some new neighbors. (I wish I'd been on to see those two houses actually fall. Did get to talk to Grog and Decker a little bit, though.)

Joy promised to talk to Trav about the possibility of coming back, so I'm hoping they'll decide to give it a try and soon we'll have a few more factioneers running around on GL. Better get Grace stocked up on pizza, ale, cookies, and milk, Arabella!

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 8, 2004
Will do Tina
, the more the merrier.

Right now factions are pretty busy on GL, WTF left TB and went to SL with M and UZI. Minax is active again, and are working to hold the sigil now that deception is in SO. They did a fine job defending their base last nite.

I

imported_Tina Small

Ah, that's good to hear! I wish we could talk Lore Denin into starting up his reports of GL faction activity again.....

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 8, 2004
It was crazy on Great Lakes yesterday. I stole the Sigil Brit and Minoc at least 6 times yesterday from Minax We held em off a few times, but not that many Alliance members were on. Had a blast!

On day 2 already stole the same sigils, this morning keep brit lost Minoc. I think TB got minoc, waiting on them to make the push to get Brit now.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 8, 2004
Yesterday was alot of fun, SO would push in and get the sigils Brit and Minoc. Then we would push back and take em. When I logged last nite (I do the day shift) we were defending.

Day 3 for Brit and Minoc Sigils, do to internet problem I was late getting on. Stole Brit and Minoc back from Minax. TB just stole Brit sig, so waiting for it to be reset to go and steal again.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 8, 2004
Heck Yea! After stealing sigils since Sunday, SL was finally able to corrupt all 8 last nite. It has been one heck of a week on Great Lakes, Minax had their stuff together all week long. Awesome fights for control, lots of stealing sigil back and forth all week, just good fun all around.

T

Tink'r Toiz

... Congrats on the Sigils Arabella... the sad face is that I wasn't there to try to get Brit back before you corrupted. Sadly, Tinks is mainly running alone again and my work demands that I put it first ... darn 4-letter word... WORK... LOL

Be ready! When they are stealable, Tinks will be all over em ... and, friend or no, she will make all sorts of invisible faces at you
... since she can't actually be a credible threat to your characters health and well being