• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event Forge Wars

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks.

So, the trial run of Forge Wars on Catskills is coming up tomorrow. If people like it, I would like to make it part of a series of team competition events that can be run as a league. In a nutshell, teams will compete against one another to defeat a series of mobs in order to obtain the ore they carry, which will then me used to craft items determined by the EM. The first team to complete the given set of armor, wins.

The initial rules are as follows (not many changes from the rules linked to in the event announcement):

-Registration starts at 7pm, with competition beginning at 7:30.
-4 players per team. The number of teams we have will determine the format of the competition.
-At least one person per team needs to have GM Mining and Blacksmith (may be split between two people). The Blacksmith will serve as "team captain" and should hand in a registration book with the team name, and all of its members.
-The ONLY equipment you can start the event with is an equipped weapon. Your backpack must be EMPTY of everything else except for spellbooks you may use.
-No mounts or other pets allowed for this first run. Same with bard skills.
-Essential supplies will be given to each team (bandages, reagents, arrows, etc).
-At NO TIME will anyone enter or leave the arena once a match has started.

This is the distilled basics for those who didn't check out the link to the Pacific site (thank you to EMs Orix and Sangria for reviving this event, and giving me some pointers).

I ask that anyone who is planning to attend please email me through the Catskills EM site before hand, so I have an idea of what to expect. Thank you!

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks.

So, the trial run of Forge Wars on Catskills is coming up tomorrow. If people like it, I would like to make it part of a series of team competition events that can be run as a league. In a nutshell, teams will compete against one another to defeat a series of mobs in order to obtain the ore they carry, which will then me used to craft items determined by the EM. The first team to complete the given set of armor, wins.

The initial rules are as follows (not many changes from the rules linked to in the event announcement):

-4 players per team. The number of teams we have will determine the format of the competition.
-At least one person per team needs to have GM Mining and Blacksmith (may be split between two people). The Blacksmith will serve as "team captain" and should hand in a registration book with the team name, and all of its members.
-The ONLY equipment you can start the event with is an equipped weapon. Your backpack must be EMPTY of everything else except for spellbooks you may use.
-Essential supplies will be given to each team (bandages, reagents, arrows, etc).

This is the distilled basics for those who didn't check out the link to the Pacific site (thank you to EMs Orix and Sangria for reviving this event, and giving me some pointers).

I ask that anyone who is planning to attend please email me through the Catskills EM site before hand, so I have an idea of what to expect. Thank you!

please see catskills.uoem.net regarding postponement

Howdy folks.