• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Forge near Cove (LA)?

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was in Cove last night with my miner/blacksmith - hadn't been there in over nine years (ahh, the nostalgia!). Anyway, I looked around and didn't see a public forge anywhere, and couldn't remember if there ever was one there. Is there a forge near Cove or do most miners who prospect there use fire beetles or recall to a distant forge to smelt?

BTW, this is on the LA shard.

Thanks!

p.s.: Gotta get one of those fire beetles after I save up enough money. They sound like a miner's best friend!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fire beetles for Cove or maybe a public forge at a players house outside of Cove. Additionally you could use packhorses as in older times and drop all of your ore into your bankbox. (At least Cove has a bank. *g*)

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fire beetles for Cove or maybe a public forge at a players house outside of Cove. Additionally you could use packhorses as in older times and drop all of your ore into your bankbox. (At least Cove has a bank. *g*)
Ahh, the bank box. Of course! I'm getting my pack horse out of the stable tonight (should be bonded by now) so a return trip to Cove is in the works!

Thanks. :)

K

Kallie Pigeon

Before some of the shards had a public forge and some did not but I think that all changed and now none of them has a public forge (it's been a few years since I mined there). But there is a bank and you can bank it and take it out load it into your beetle at moonglow or some other place where there are forges close to the bank. I play on Pacific and there used to be public forges in some of the houses in the area but lately I haven't seen any. Before you could build a house within the Cove city area. On Pacific there was a private house in Cove and you could smelt through the wall of the house. You could also mine through the walls. Things have changed so much. You can also recall with your packy or beetle to a forge using a rune book.

Some other old tactics that no longer work is I used to cast gate and then pick up a huge pile of ore and step through the gate.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was in Cove last night with my miner/blacksmith - hadn't been there in over nine years (ahh, the nostalgia!). Anyway, I looked around and didn't see a public forge anywhere, and couldn't remember if there ever was one there. Is there a forge near Cove or do most miners who prospect there use fire beetles or recall to a distant forge to smelt?

BTW, this is on the LA shard.

Thanks!

p.s.: Gotta get one of those fire beetles after I save up enough money. They sound like a miner's best friend!

I have not mined in Cove but there is a public forge somewhere on LA. I ran into during the Halloween event. I think I rem where and can show you sometime. Also, as for a fire beetle, let me know when you are on line and I can probably tame one for you. Its been awhile, but I used to help a tamer there.