For your viewing pleasure: The artwork of Heretic.

• Thread starter imported_Hecubus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
I

imported_Hecubus

Sometimes, it’s like having another half to your brain. Like maybe I’m the left half of the brain, and he’s the right half. That makes total sense as I’m right-handed, and he’s left-handed. Whenever we work on projects together- he’s very much the visual and artistic component, and I’m the nuts and bolts logic to it. Like when we played D&D- everyone in our group either you had to draw a picture of your character, or have my brother do it. Needless to say most people had my brother do it.

For those who do not know- my brother is known on the DoD forums and every now and then, these forums as “Heretic”. Heretic is a year older than me (though if you met us irl you’d swear I was the older one), and we’re more like best friends than brothers. Starting with our earliest days in UO- Heretic began drawing the characters we’d come to know and love. It’s particularly meaningful, because he’s helped design characters- we’ve sat and ate pizza and talked about what Nadia should look and feel like- why Miri has wings, on her helmet- he’s gone into tremendous detail to give each character an authentic look which reflects things that they went through in game.

An early Lothar sig. My brother doodles the Lothar character as one of his all time favorites. Even now that he doesn’t play- I still see doodles of Lothar around all the time.

That’s his siggy. It’s amazingly clean, and if you knew the history of the character, Guamga the Karamadon, the phrase would make sense.

Maelwyn- an old time poster on these forums, and an someone instrumental in the original BOD trading of the shard. (Not to mention an awesome person!)

Here’s a sig well before it’s time- made in 2001.

He made sigs for every member of our guild. Here’s one of our friend Torq that unfortunately does not fit the file size requirements for a sig.

Some of the sigs were pretty funny. Here’s one of Veridon’s encounter with an ancient wyrm.

To truly display just the UO related art my brother has done- I dare say we’d need a new forum. 5 years worth of pictures, drawn by hand using only a mouse, some software, and feedback from the players he depicts. It’s largely strewn out in the DoD guild forums in between the endless banter of yours truly, and a couple of the websites we’ve had over the years.

Heretic has been away from UO nearly a year, and while most of his art since then has been paid work for non-UO related things- I still see doodles of Lothar and Miri everywhere, like the current tabletop game I’m designing rules for- I saw an army list he had with Lothar on it!

Last night he turned in this latest- a simple Lothar siggy, sort of a throwback to the one earlier in this thread:

Thanks bro! Hope we see you back in game for Return to Brittania for free!

I am Jack’s awesome sig banner.

- Hec

S

SpyderOfSonoma

Dang.. its signatures like this that cause me to look at my own mediocre sig and frown. Incredible work.. there's alot of talent there! Think I could borrow some? I ride the small school bus when it comes to graphics work! *laugh*

G

*The proud owner of THREE Heretic sig's*

*points to his sig*

G

<font color=green> In a family of artists .. I was the one that missed out on that gift *laughs*... well the "being able to draw"part, anyway..
This is truely wonderful work...Loved being able to enjoy it.. Thank you for sharing..

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Proud owner of one of the best imho! Note the skeletal steed..also well before its time!
Safe Journies
Riz

L

Lady Vixen

awesome work! I wish I had a tenth of the talent I see at some places. Thanks for sharing