For the good people of Origin

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sep 8, 2006
Origin
Since some of you don't wish to wander the depths of UOHall, it has been brought to my attention that some are not aware of the new changes and issues that are happening with the latest publish.

I will post pertinant information here, and answer any questions you might have.

Currently on Origin we are testing Publish 72.

Posted to the Herald yesterday:

Greetings,

There are currently some issues with the house lockdown as well as the virtue points on Origin. We are aware of the situation and working to fix it. No points will be lost.

The UO team

For the new Virtue Honesty:

Honesty Virtue
As you travel the lands of Trammel and Felucca, you may find lost items. These items will say “Lost Item (Return To Gain Honesty)” when you mouse-over them.

To turn in a lost item for Honesty credit: In a bank of each of the Virtue Towns (Britain, Yew, Moonglow, Trinsic, Skara Brae, New Magincia, Jehlom, and Minoc) there is a lost and found box. Put the item in the box for Honesty credit. You may use Forensic Evaluation skill to gain more information about the owner of the item. If you turn the item into the Lost And Found Box in the city where the owner lives, you will get double Honesty points for your extra effort. If you give the item to the original owner, you will get quadruple honesty points.

Honesty gives you discounts at NPC merchants. The higher your rank in Honesty, the bigger your discount. The discount is applied to the total purchase. The discount is not shown in the merchant window, but you will see a system message once you make the purchase.

M

Michael Wolf

How serious is this house lockdown situation? Can we lose stuff?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sep 8, 2006
Origin
That I am unsure of as I don't own a house on Origin yet.

I know there were a few issues with the Manniquin from the 14th anny rewards, but we haven't received any further information about the lock down issues.

Noone has reported losing anything recently, if I find out anything more I will post it here.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sep 8, 2006
Origin
My pleasure :)

Also if anyone has seen anything out of the ordinary as far as lock downs/secure containers in their homes, please let me know or post it here. I can add it to the thread in UO Hall as well so we can get some exposure if any issues arise.

As far as the lost items go, if there is anyone who is wanting to gain in this virtue, I've found 99% of the items spawn along the waters edge. I have found many items on Fire Island in both Tram and Fel, as well as Moonglow on both facets. They also spawn around the moongate in New Magincia, though I have yet to find anything there in Fel.

I have found a few items along the waters edge South of Destard Dungeon and South of the docks in Skara Brae.

Y

Yen Sid

How serious is this house lockdown situation? Can we lose stuff?
I noticed that I had ~300 lockdowns left one day, the next time I looked I had ~negative 300 lockdowns. I thought that was odd. Guess I was right. Check before unlocking something cause I couldn't look anything back down after cause I was negative. Good thing it was spring cleaning stuff I guess.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sep 8, 2006
Origin
Okay let me clarify....you were NEGATIVE lockdowns? Meaning the game was thinking you had too many lockdowns and you couldn't lock anything down?

Did you get the system message that you were at max storage?

Thank you for posting this, if anyone else has or had this issue or notices anything strange with housing storage or lockdowns PLEASE post it here.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
Did you have any Vendors set up? Check your moving crate. What % storage upgrade does your house say you have? Vendors going into moving crate is not a bug. Losing a % upgrade would be, but it may be due to the migration and not the publish, More info is needed from Yen Sid. Is it a custom or a classic house? Wasnt there a bug a while ago that hit custome houses and not the classic houses on storage?