• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

? for Scamm

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bosskram

If i come join the faction shadow lords wich I beleive you are all a part of are you going to do to me the same thing that the cop people did when I tried to join minax Faction.....Which was they killed me inside the strong hold (at this point I was in the faction) and told me that if I was not part of their guild then I was not going to play in that faction. I understand that when you play in fel you should expect to be killed but what I don't understand is how can cop deny me the choice to play in that faction when it is open to everyone who pays their money every month to play the game. I would like to try out factions to see how it plays but not at the cost of being res killed by the people that are in the same faction.....So is this the way that scamm is going to play also or are you open to letting other people on the shard play in shadow lords?

S

Salty Pete

How are you expecting to participate in PvP if you can't handle being player killed?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think his issue, Pete, is being able to join a decent competeing faction where his own faction allies wont go killing him.

S

Salty Pete

I think his issue, Pete, is being able to join a decent competeing faction where his own faction allies wont go killing him.
When has that ever been the rule? There has never been a time in UO factions when you were off limits to fellow faction members.... There are times when factions have temporary truces between same faction members (base defenses etc.) but to expect to be untouchable simply because you are the same faction? No way.

B

bosskram

Thanks for the answer pete....If thats the way factions are played then I think I will maybe not join...

S

Salty Pete

Thanks for the answer pete....If thats the way factions are played then I think I will maybe not join...
Don't get me wrong, there are times when factions can be a great time, but you just have to treat Felucca like Felucca. If you don't know someone, expect them to be unfriendly until they show otherwise.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SCAM is much smaller guild than COPs we could use a few extra people. Obviously with COP's men power they do not need that extra one person or two. If you are asking me I dont know what might happen. We dont attack other SL people unless they either attacked us first or assisted our enemies.

I dont think you will be attack in SH unless we suspect you for spying (We had minax in SL spys before). So if enemy comes you are fighting normally just like fighting against your enemy you should be ok.

But hey that's just MY opinion dont take my words for it. It is FEL anything could happen.

Otherwise TB might be your next best choice. I think they are more "reasonable". Maybe you can join them. BUT from what I know most TBs play either really early or really late, you might be seeing a lot more minax and SL than you would TB. Sorry I cant help you too much.

S

SeaCaptain

Pete there is a point of pvp and then someone new to the factions tring to learn the in and outs. Being killed by someone in the same faction and then being told that they cant join that one faction is crap even you have to admint to that. I think it is fair for some one wanting to join factions and being allowed to join them without all the hate...

Jagerstadt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Such is Fel. You'll find there are plenty of ******bags here. That's why the faint of heart stay in Tram.

Furthermore, we get the point...you're pissed. Further spiels about the wrongs COP have done you will only incite flames, so please leave it in game. GL with factions, btw.

P.S. - Try hide/stealth?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok lets be honest about this for a second.

usually factions is a good place to get a pvp start.
its quiet, everyone know everyone.
people for the most part are pretty cool and nice.

USUALLY.
since the event came along, infact even before the event came along some of the big pvp guilds came over and started playing.

im not complaining in the least.
i LOVE IT!!!!!

but lets be honest to the poor fella.
getting into factions right this second to get a start at pvp probablly isnt the best thing if your a pvp virgin.

im thinking of last night.
TB base, COP rolls in with their faction crew and also their non faction crew.
SCAM rolls in, fight starts.
TB nibbles away at the straglers and the guys that can be cut away from the herd.
47's come in and jump around the screen.
more scam show up.
people are dead and dieing everywere.

i think at its peak there i had about 20 people on my screen (dead and alive)

that is more then brit gate (yew gate) gets usually on any given night of late.

i dont think thats a real good enviroment to learn pvp.
granted, and ill give COP some credit here, COP is fielding some pretty green guys and teaching them as they go.

at any rate.
if you want to come to TB we are a very open lot here.
well, i dont know about the 47 guild, they just came in a couple nights ago.
but the YAD guys are pretty cool.
but like mentioned above we play uber late.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
COP rolls in with their faction crew and also their non faction crew.
Typical COP faction PvP tactics. Which gives me an idea. The OP can try to get into COPs non-faction guild first to learn some more about PvP. COPs pvp at safe enviroment. They have many big houses and they choke points even at yew gate PvP. You can get more used to group fighting, and by their house pvp crew setting up choke points you can survive longer.

For a new PvPer he can be accessed to one of the COP houses for a lit bit more protection. COPs usually use their non-faction crew in faction fights anyways so you can kinda experience how faction is played out. Then when you are ready you can always join minax/or any faction of your choice.

Hope my humble opinion helps. :thumbup1:

Jagerstadt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ WarUltima - Here's some friendly advice: let's not flame COP in every thread possible.

I think a battle royale is the perfect environment for learning to peekay. And I don't know about them YAD fellers...I heard they're a little screwy in the heads. Not to mention Poo smells funny.

Honestly though, if you want to get into factions YAD would probably be the best place to learn. Besides, why would anyone in their right mind want to fight for SL/MX...the only time I'd fight for an invasion is if the target was Luna.

:D

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ WarUltima - Here's some friendly advice: let's not flame COP in every thread possible.

Now. I dislike SCAM just as much as the next guy, but COP is garbage and everyone knows it. Pretty sad they had around 10 folks at the gate last nite just to see 3 people sit in GZ. They are zerg and nothing else.

Okay. There you go Sean. Now WarUltima isnt the only one bashing COP.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty sad they had around 10 folks at the gate last nite just to see 3 people sit in GZ. They are zerg and nothing else.
It wasn't long afterwards that other blues started showing up to sit in GZ, and to occasionally run out to attack someone. I would say about 95% of the reds at the gate were COP members, so without them there it would have been 8-10 blues sitting in the GZ complaining about how boring it is. Like them or hate them, at least they were there to at least provide some entertainment for the nite. I only wished that there were more non-COP reds there.

S

Skullcollector

It wasn't long afterwards that other blues started showing up to sit in GZ, and to occasionally run out to attack someone. I would say about 95% of the reds at the gate were COP members, so without them there it would have been 8-10 blues sitting in the GZ complaining about how boring it is. Like them or hate them, at least they were there to at least provide some entertainment for the nite. I only wished that there were more non-COP reds there.
I was there for about 30 minutes on my mage and in that time there were no more than 4 people opposing cop at the gate and cop had over 12. Once i was killed by 6 cop, a newly joined RoC member to COP stood over me and asked me what i was thinking to attack him, another cop member telling me i got owned b*$ch....you wonder why people dislike cop? They took a page right out of FL playbook and just guild everyone. This is fine but to have crap talk from chars who CANNOT back it up without a sea of red behind them is kind of a joke. I like the fighting, I don't find the crap talk entertaining. If you gona talk the talk, damn well make sure you alone can walk the walk! Or your just kidding yourself.....

Sorry Jag, i know you hate this

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess you left right before other people started showing up. Not sure when you were there, but from about 10:30 to a little after midnight central time there were at least over 8 or 9 blue non-COP chars at the gate. I believe all of COP's chars were red except for 2. Sorry I don't have screenshots or a list of names.

As far as trashtalking over dead bodies, it is unforunate and I don't like it any more than you, but it is fel and it happens. Heck, I've played on shards where if all they did was say "you got owned b*$ch" that would have been mild. Normally after dry looting your body, they left a little book there telling how they dropped a deuce on your body and had their way with your skull (in not so pleaseant wording if you know what I mean). There was some trashtalking going on both sides, so you can't just blame it all COP.

We have gotten way off topic on this thread, and if further discussion is needed, it probably should me done in the PVP thread.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He potentially could have left before. Who knows. I know that COP wanted to **** talk Myself (Diablo), Fallon and probly another person or two who were at the gate about not leaving the GZ. I left quite a few times myself. I do play a stealther. I do know that anyone who has even half a brain will know better than to run into probably 6-7 COP. I only know that me and Fallon were there from RoC. 2v6-7 is not very good odds. Atleast 2 of them were tamers on dread mares. Of course we are not going to run out just to die.

When more folks did start showing up COP did get pushed back I know. They were pushed to in front of there house by the Abbey. Like I have told COP numerous times at the gate. They would get more fights from guilds like Waka/GOR and SCAM take the figths to t2a or a spawn. They could potentially even bring more folks onto Sonoma if folks would take the figthing away from the gate during primetimes. I speak for RoC when I say that we have 4 members total that are active everyday with RoC. We have two more who play every other nite, but due to RL they dont get to play much. Of course we are not much to fight, but we do come to spawns and raid. We do not even raid to take the spawn. We raid to just fight. Saturday nite Gilthanis and myself raided 4 COP at DSP. We killed two on the island while the two blues present ran off. Later we did die. I will admit that, but we did have fun. I even saw either TMI or KMS run in. This is an example though.

I know that SCAM would play more and fight more if COP took the figthing away from there gate house. I have a few old guildmates and friends in SCAM. I talk to one of them daily. Last nite when I was ganked by COP at the farms after some duels with COP my friend was ganked as well the feild over. There were 3 SCAM on. I asked him where they were all at. He said they were not in the mood to play as didnt want to gate fight or were busy IRL. Said was about half and half.

So Kellgory. Please do inform COP. Ya. At first it might be slow with raids. If they really want the fights though tell them to get a few active SCAM or Waka members ICQs. Give them a shout when they doing something and want a fight. When folks know that there is something going on, they are more likely to log in.

Im done. Gotta put baby to bed, then I gonna go out and check spawns and then prolly hit the gate up. See you on the field.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will give you credit, you were there for quite a while tonight and ventured out of the guard zone quite a few times and got some pretty good licks in (and took a few in return), but at least you and some of the others were there. Hope everyone had fun.

It was a pretty slow night, but that might have been because of the invasions.

Jagerstadt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feckin meanies. :lick:

Why don't you post this stuff in the PVP thread so I don't have to lock it? I'll even give ya a nice new shiny one. Or does that take away from all the adrenaline-pumping excitement?

:yell:

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ Kellgory - Aye. I did take my fair share of licks. I am sure I got under atleast one or two peoples skin so my job is done. 89k at the end of the ntie in top layer of bank. Atleast yall are helping me to buy a nice restock for when yall do get me.

@ Sean - Naw. I just do it to give ya something to do buddy, haha. Its also not that bad as is. No personal attacks. All about the game.

Dunarrack

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I am just a new player trying to PvP. So I go to yew gate sometimes.
I get killed by almost any red, SCAM/COP all of them. Sometimes I walk around yew gate as a ghost just to see how people are PvPing. I usually see a lot of COP members around the gate, I will say usually 5 to 6 of them. And fighting with a few blue players at the gate. Waka? ect. Sometimes they have great number of people.

But one thing I noticed, COP members tend to fight from that big wooden house near bank. Lotta times see 3 to 4 SCAMs was able to pin 7 to 8 cops well inside the house. Sometimes I see 5 to 6 blues in different guilds putting even numberof COPS in house. And they do fight from the house. I see EVs being tossed out of house fields and many dismount ganks if some of us got near that house. I dont know. I am still new but I see COP outnumbering the yew gate crowd most of the time.

I just dont understand some smaller guilds can put their enemies double their number in a house for a long time. Is it a tactic to fight from the house? And can I get accessed to a house too because I die too much I just want to watch sometimes.

O

oligizmo

COP, COP COP!! Geeezz you guys need to let your hard-on's go down over COP.

F

Freya/Passion

Okay, This thread bugs me alittle bit, so lets go there and I'll try not to get this thread locked. :coco:

You want to try Factions, so the first one you joined was Minax, I wonder to myself why Minax? Old childhood memories of Minax? Or did you just join it because it was the strongest faction because of the zerglies Cop? Well in that case, You got what was coming, Cop doesn't need anyones help to hold the faction Minax, so your either one of them or your dead In their opinion.

Now you want to give it a second try....Oh sweet almost, but Still Shadowlords.... I'm thinking to myself you must not want to fight and learn PVP, You want to be in a big enough faction to be protected and run around name calling and ganking. Otherwise you would have went for TB or CoM. Stealth around and watch alittle before making your choice. CoM and TB have few numbers so any help at all would be appreciated by those factions and in most cases you would not be a target of fellow faction members.

Okay so theres that for you Bosskram. Now for Dunarrack.

? Can you get accessed to a house ? Do you know how to place a house? How about watching from the guard zone like most blues OR placing a house of your own to use.

I'm actually confused why the two of you just don't already go join Cop because from the sounds of it your both perfect recruits.

:yell:

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dunarrack, the reason COP and some of the other guilds fight from their house(s) is because usually they are on red chars, and you might have noticed the majority of COP chars at the gate are reds. Reds are unable to call guards in guard zones, so if they start getting in trouble the only safe place to go is into a house. With all the stealth chars sneaking around, getting rezzed as a red out in the open is just asking to be rez killed.

B

bosskram

Hi all this thread has gotten way out of context. Freya I think you are right about cop they don't need or want any help with what they do, but I was not looking to join minax just to get in with cop if I wanted to do that I would search out there gm and ask to join. I was wanting to get into factions to try anouther part of this game and minax kinda fit the personality of the char that I had made, and your right minax has the highest survivorablity rate out there because of the amount of people that are in the cop/(minax), the second is mostlikely scam/(shadow lords) and being new to pvp I would like to survive some of the time thats all. I was alittle pissed of though that I was not allowed by people in the game to play in that faction (ie: I would be killed every time they saw me no matter what) but that I guess by reading all of this its part of the factions game. Anyway I all good with it now I have joined the TB and I am haveing fun I have gotten into a few fights and I think I'm getting better at it......It would be good if this thread would end and all the cop bashing would move to the pvp forum. I never ment for this to be a cop bashing even though thats how it sounded I was just pissed off and needed to rant! :pint:

Status
Not open for further replies.