• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

For AEowyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some creep in my neighborhood tossed a mother cat and 6 kittens in basically a scrub area surrounded by a construction fence that borders the canal system in the area, essentially trapping them in a long narrow area of scrub about a quarter mile long and only about 20 feet wide. A kid that was playing near that area saw him do it, and counted the number of cats he tossed, and told my sister when she got home, but it was much later in the day. She climbed the fence and spent a couple of hours crawling over the debris. Eventually she found mama + 4 of the kittens (which had roamed a good distance from each other) but never could find the last 2. The mama cat was skin and bones, not much more than a kitten herself.

The kittens were probably around 6 - 7 weeks. One seemed like it might have injured a leg but after a couple of days stopped favoring it and appeared OK. We found a home for one of the kittens within a week but finally had to have the humane society take them. We checked back and learned that the mama cat was euthanized after the adoption time expired but the other 3 kittens were adopted.

Some people are really just mean. If you don't want to keep an animal, at least have the decency to have it euthanized rather than toss it out like garbage knowing if it survives it will only exacerbate existing stray/feral population and be a nuisance, and may potentially suffer a great deal before dying. :mad:

-Skylark

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rather graphic and very sad video with many exelent quotes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYBz2gjlEfA
I had a similar experience coming home from a visit with my parents. We stopped for gas at a truck stop off I-5 somwhere near Colalinga CA. I saw a dog with a KFC bag running across the 4 lanes and she was oviously nursing puppies. So BF and I drove across to a parking lot abutting the levee and started looking for puppies. She had them stashed all over the place, but I would yelp like a puppy and she would run to them to make sure they were OK and I would go grab the pup. Thank goodness we had flashlights and both our dogs crates in the truck. 2-3 hours and 12 puppies later I tied the last puppy to the fence and sat a few yards away and yelped. She came a running and grabbed the pup only to have it jerked out of her mouth, she looked at me then looked at the puppy and she just gave up. I was able to put a leash on her give her some food and water and load her into a crate. Yes they had to go to a shelter but better than the life they had, we saw several dog skeletons while puppy hunting.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One with a happier ending:

One afternoon about 9 years ago my younger son and I were walking our dalmatian (Polka) in some woods about a couple of miles from our house. We heard a noise and stopped to investigate. A small black dog limped out of a bracken patch at the edge of the path. One eye was almost shut and he was painfully thin. My son picked him up and the poor thing breathed in sharply, his ribs obviously hurt. We took him to the local dog sanctuary where they told us he was approximately 7 months old. He weighed a pitiful 9 pounds.

When he hit 24 pounds he looked like this:

We kept him, named him Brack for the bracken we found him in, Polka has since died (@15yrs) so now our previously terrified little terrier has become a little terror instead, doing his best to rule our household.

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Petra.
I know mods must look at all links but this video says volumes and I hope it can change at least one persons mind.

Ok off to find happy picture!
OK might have posted this before but

After dental.
Oh and now he's doing very well and is taking up foot room on my bed *grumbles*
Dog scrunches to the lower left corner of bed; cat takes up the lower right corner.
Barely room for my feets.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL...cracks me up when cats fall asleep with their tongues sticking out.

-Skylark

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread can't get any longer, it's already past the limit, I didn't notice :blushing:

someone start a new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.