• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Food. To charge or not to charge?

• Thread starter imported_MattelMichele
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_MattelMichele

I used to enjoy providing food (HC or Buffet) free of charge, but in light of recent costs, & my lack of making suitable money jamming or waiting tables; it's just not affordable for a service house to provide anymore. I really hate to do it, but, i may have to.

My question to you is, do you charge for food?

J

jackdoe

Hi Michele

I have visited your lot on numerous occasions and i have to say your hospitality is amongst the best...

Times are chaning for the worst in the game and until the money making situation is resolved i dont see you have any other choice than to charge for food, hopefully this will also help you to pay for any items that are broken to be repaired..

Jack

G

Times are changing for the worst??? where were you for the past 2 years lol

Things are progressing and at least there are attempts to control the money so we don't have fruit selling for 400,000 each and people buying 10 pieces.

We just have to get use to the fact that no one is going to pay you 10k just to do one batch of jam on their lot. Them thar days is over pardner.

I have seen lots where you have to pay to eat, pay to use a bed, pay to use the shower and toilet, and not many people on the lot either.

It is a free market out there, so you can do whatever you think you can get away with.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Do you want to host your house to alot of guests that will rarely tip and just live off your hospitality? Or would you rather have fewer guests that appreciate your efforts and are happy to pay their own way?

Really depends on what your preferences are and what you will enjoy doing most when you are logged in playing the game.

G

How is it fair to an owner of a top 20 house (just throwing it out there) to keep his house open all the time but not being able to make any money to stock the refridgerator or fill the buffet table? This has been the reason I have not opened my house yet to the public. I am waiting until I have enough (mind you, nothing compared to what I had in AV) so I can cook for my guests and not worry about the money for quite some time. Also, the lot owners who do not charge for food are basically hoping for people to tip them. Pretty much everytime I green, I tip the jars 15-20 bucks. If everyone on the lot did this, then this issue would not exsist. I think people need to help out the lot owners. If you are on a lot for 10 hours... you eat their food, wear out their toilet and shower which will cost money to repair... you should give the owner something.

The point was made that things are getting worse. I think you can look at this issue in both ways. It's worse because people are becoming so desperate for money they are not giving it away. Alot of people are giving... but not enough. Next time you go to a house, tip them 20. Do it only because if they didn't care, there would be no house to skill/money/party/etc. to enjoy this game.

G

I remember having to charge for buffet food on the first few days that Dragon's Cove opened. People whined about paying §5 for a plate of buffet even though we offered a few jam tables (it was a cooking/mech skill house) to help them make a few simoleans to contribute towards it.

I think the days of 'free hospitality all round' are long gone, to be honest, and wouldn't blame you in the slightest for being forced to charge for greening facilities.

J

jackdoe

<blockquote><hr>

Things are progressing and at least there are attempts to control the money so we don't have fruit selling for 400,000 each and people buying 10 pieces.

We just have to get use to the fact that no one is going to pay you 10k just to do one batch of jam on their lot. Them thar days is over pardner.

I have seen lots where you have to pay to eat, pay to use a bed, pay to use the shower and toilet, and not many people on the lot either.

It is a free market out there, so you can do whatever you think you can get away with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah changing for the worst, i would rather have stupid amounts of money in the game than none at all..unless you want EA-Land to become an IM program rather than a game ??

Last week things where fine, people where skilling to be able to earn fairly decent money from single objects, but this week people are angry and want to quit, players who have lots now fear they wont be able to keep them open and i now have no money to be able to restock my shop lot....so i stand by my statement..

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Some peoples way of thinking never surprises me and we wonder why the game has so many thieves, scammers afkers

G

I agree with you. There are a lot of people out there that show up, demand food, don't clean up after themselves, and don't tip say thanks or anything.

Then again it was like that in the old cities also. Granted the money is a lot harder to come by now, but wasn't it that way in the old days of beta? (I'm still a baby not an old fart, I'm only like 4 yrs old)

I can see maybe charging for some things, however you're going to get those people who will sit there and complain, which causes drama, and might cause people to leave to escape that situation.

Not sure there is one good solution for this. You just have to try something and see if it works with minimal backlash i guess.

G

that quote you took from my response was said as the owner of a house, you can charge what you think you can get away with and still have visitors...

No where in there did i say anything about scamming people.. Please attempt to read and comprehend what someone is saying before twisting their words around.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Some peoples way of thinking never surprises me and we wonder why the game has so many thieves, scammers afkers

[/ QUOTE ]I could not agree with you more. People have to start understanding that if something does not change, houses will start closing up. What will people do then? Hope and pray that they can sit around on their own Lot1 home and wait for work? That is sounding more like the original sims. No interactions with others because no one will want to put out the money to host. All you do is sit at home and wait for work to come. How much fun is that?

In my personal opinion, the economy was not that bad. At least you had the visitor bonus to help out. Now, all you get is a higher spot on the top 100 list.

J

jackdoe

There was nothing wrong with the economy last week so why have they they lowered payouts to 1/4 of what there where last week ??

Is this permanent now or just a temp thing ?? we have had no official word about the cut in payouts..no word of any kind on the blogg since the 29th feb and that was a bunch of pictures

G

From my understanding, they are adjusting the payouts manually. Who knows why this has gotten out of hand. Look at the prices for everything and it is way out of balance just like in the production cities of old. But, this time it is the opposite way. I read a thread that lots in some areas were costing 1 million bucks to buy.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I think if we all want houses open to visit we as guests should learn how to tip. Everytime I eat somewhere else thats $3-$6 I don't have to pay at my own house. Not only that but someone is keeping a property open for others enjoyment, cooking, cleaning, greeting, singing; the least we can do is toss a few bucks in a tip jar.

I say you should charge for food if enough people aren't tipping.

J

jackdoe

<blockquote><hr>

From my understanding, they are adjusting the payouts manually. Who knows why this has gotten out of hand. Look at the prices for everything and it is way out of balance just like in the production cities of old. But, this time it is the opposite way. I read a thread that lots in some areas were costing 1 million bucks to buy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldnt it be best for EA to just leave the payouts as they where until they sort the prices of buy items out ?? because now no-one has any money to buy items at the current price or even a slightly lower price...its crazy

I

imported_MattelMichele

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a note, i never EVER paid 400k for fruit. The days of no more 10k jam payouts is a good thing, and i would never ever moan or complain about that.

I just need help with the increasing costs of keeping guests fed &amp; happy. I don't think charging $1 for buffet &amp; $3 for HC is too much.
As for charging for beds &amp; showers, i don't see the need for that; unless of course your looking for a little vibrating action, in the love bed.
Ohh, and i'm happy to supply a world of free serenades to any visitors, hehehe.

Where was i for the past 2 years? (not sure if question was aimed at me)...umm playing the game

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldnt it be best for EA to just leave the payouts as they where until they sort the prices of buy items out ?? because now no-one has any money to buy items at the current price or even a slightly lower price...its crazy

[/ QUOTE ]I agree. They should set them back up to something decent. Not payouts from the old cities (though i would wish) but maybe in the middle of where they are now and the old cities. Make it where jams for someone with maxed out skills will pay out $100-125 per jam. Job tracks should be increased just a tad or else no one would go to work... just like in the old cities where they made more jamming than going to work. Will this happen? I doubt it. But they need to do something quick before they start loosing people. They promised to make it more fun, but where is it?

I am with the majority that if this is not fixed soon, I am done with this game. How much fun is it to have owners of lots not able to feed their visitors because they cannot work or make money? Is it going to take people leaving the game to show them that we won't stand for this anymore?

I

imported_MattelMichele

<blockquote><hr>

Hi Michele

I have visited your lot on numerous occasions and i have to say your hospitality is amongst the best...

Times are chaning for the worst in the game and until the money making situation is resolved i dont see you have any other choice than to charge for food, hopefully this will also help you to pay for any items that are broken to be repaired..

Jack

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank You Jack !!!!

R

Roger Wilco

It's your house, you have every right to charge for food. However, don't be surprised if people whine about it, or simply go elsewhere. Like it or not, many people feel entitled to free food, and will only go places that they get a free lunch in exchange for their dwell time.

G

People got so used to free food in the old cities they complain when they now have to pay. I was at a house this past week where they charged 3 bucks per plate from the buffet. The owner kept apologizing for charging but he just did not have enough money to stock the fridge. When he got enough from the buffet, he would cook food and give it to people for free. Sooner or later (prolly sooner) all houses will have to do this unless the owner has a 2nd sim who is out making money for him/her to afford to keep cooking and not charging. Simple solution: Everyone tip when they go to a house. I know this is not simple because most people don't do it. Hell, I gave 250 bucks to one roommate because he serenaded all the sims at the house without asking for anything. He was shocked! I told him he earned it. Think of it this way... most of us go to work in game to make money. Owners and roomies job is to keep their house open for the rest of us. Who is going to pay them?

J

jackdoe

<blockquote><hr>

People got so used to free food in the old cities they complain when they now have to pay. I was at a house this past week where they charged 3 bucks per plate from the buffet. The owner kept apologizing for charging but he just did not have enough money to stock the fridge. When he got enough from the buffet, he would cook food and give it to people for free. Sooner or later (prolly sooner) all houses will have to do this unless the owner has a 2nd sim who is out making money for him/her to afford to keep cooking and not charging. Simple solution: Everyone tip when they go to a house. I know this is not simple because most people don't do it. Hell, I gave 250 bucks to one roommate because he serenaded all the sims at the house without asking for anything. He was shocked! I told him he earned it. Think of it this way... most of us go to work in game to make money. Owners and roomies job is to keep their house open for the rest of us. Who is going to pay them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point Duncan, when i asked how i was supposed to maintain my lot now after the payout cuts, i will told to go and get a sim job...but i dont want a sim job, my job is to run my shopping lot, i enjoy having people visit me and look at my CC, i made my choice of the way i want my EA-Land experience to play out but now EA have spoiled it for anyone who wants to play the game the way that i play it...

G

Jack,
You actually have it a bit easier than skills/money houses owning a shop. You can be there and be hiding until someone needs something. Greeting and taking orders can be done while hiding. People come to shops and rarely need to green (well, from my expierence it doesn't happen often.). But, it is a job. And people deserve to be paid for providing a service to the many many sims that go to the property. That was what the visitor bonus was for. To help sims make some money (though it wasn't alot) to cover some expenses. EA should bring back the visitor bonus to help people with this issue.

I

imported_MattelMichele

Great point! Yes!!! We need our visitor bonuses back!!!

J

jackdoe

I only sell my CC though Duncan so i found it hard to pay for re-stocking and uploading new CC items to begin with, now its much harder...

Plus i sell my creations for a very fair price as i want to share my creations, for example a table that costs $75 to upload i will sell for $100 , and lets face it, who could afford to pay much more than that now anyway ??

G

Jack,
Get me your sim name and I will come buy some stuff. I have been looking for affordable CC stuff.

J

jackdoe

lol, supprisingly my sim name is Jack Doe lol , i am not currently on the game, my mom need the main pc for work.....

I just re-read over the email Luc sent me telling me about the new EA-Land, this bit struck me as a bit weird considering the current money situation :

"A lot of new users are constantly joining us and we expect more. As you have played TSO before, I think that you ought to own your lot in this new land, and I want you to have the ability to grab the best location before we open the gates."

Its going to be a bit hard to buy and lot never mind keep it open when you only earn $4 per single money item to begin with and $50 max skills.......

G

No worries. I am at work right now and won't be on till much later. I'll hook up with you in game.

It's very simple. We all need to help eachother out. For instance, when I go to Jack's house and buy stuff, I will still tip him for helping me out. Now, this will hold true ONLY if i don't spend all my money.. lol. Hey I may like his CC. We need to make this game into a real community. This has not happened yet or else this issue would not be an issue.

BTW - Jack. Shoot me an IM when you get into game so I can find you when I get home. My sim name is Duncan MacCloud-

P

Paulina

<blockquote><hr>

I only sell my CC though Duncan so i found it hard to pay for re-stocking and uploading new CC items to begin with, now its much harder...

Plus i sell my creations for a very fair price as i want to share my creations, for example a table that costs $75 to upload i will sell for $100 , and lets face it, who could afford to pay much more than that now anyway ??

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want it bad enough then you will work for the money and get it. That's the way I look at it. I have added CC stuff to my property and I am willing to pay 100 bucks for a table if I want to change my decor. I have been to several Stores and all of you have been awesome in Customer Service and gone beyond to make sure my requests have been satisfied. These are the places I will remember and frequent more often. So don't stop thinking for a second that people won't buy your $100 table because they can't afford it. I wanted 10 new chairs for my Kitchen and after I figured out how much they would cost me total, my sim went to work on getting the money together to buy them. I will make sure that I will stop by at your lot too and check it out, unless I have already been there..lol. I think my sim is getting traumatized cause it doesn't remember...lol..

G

If I ran a public lot I would charge for food.

I see no problem with it, I'm actually an advocate of it. And I personally would never opt not to go to a lot because they charged for food.

P

Paula777

Being top 20 and busy could be satisfaction enough. I don't like it calling it helping out others being open. I think they enjoy the popularity of their house and it's not just a good deed.

I bet there are tons of sims out there, especially newbies and lot owners lower in the list that would love just a few customers.

If the popular ones could give it a break for a few hours and go jam so they could stop whining about not being tipped, others could get a chance of hosting too.

C

Caesar Weezer

<blockquote><hr>

I used to enjoy providing food (HC or Buffet) free of charge, but in light of recent costs, &amp; my lack of making suitable money jamming or waiting tables; it's just not affordable for a service house to provide anymore. I really hate to do it, but, i may have to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the main problem is that people are just stingy. I hosted by myself for almost 3 hours, and got no tips. Seriously, the jar was EMPTY. Finally, I sat down in the middle of the house, built a wall around myself and said I was on strike. I then put a tip jar in front of me and told my guests I wouldn't make another plate until there was at least 500 simoleans in the jar.

I ended up with over 3k in that jar!

G

OK I think that is taking it a bit far with tipping. What I would suggest then is to set up the buffet and charge 3-5 bucks a plate. It's a good way to get your money back and build alittle bit more towards your bank account

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I used to enjoy providing food (HC or Buffet) free of charge, but in light of recent costs, &amp; my lack of making suitable money jamming or waiting tables; it's just not affordable for a service house to provide anymore. I really hate to do it, but, i may have to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the main problem is that people are just stingy. I hosted by myself for almost 3 hours, and got no tips. Seriously, the jar was EMPTY. Finally, I sat down in the middle of the house, built a wall around myself and said I was on strike. I then put a tip jar in front of me and told my guests I wouldn't make another plate until there was at least 500 simoleans in the jar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bravo! Job well done! As represented here, we all have the power to get what we need, if we can be creative enough to do it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I never will charge for food when I host. I will provide what I feel is exemplary services (serenades, as little AFK as possible, engaging conversation whenever possible) and will put out tip jars, and those who are inclined to tip and can afford it will, and those who can't or don't want to won't. If it gets to the point that I can't afford to feed guests on a given day, then I'll just not open that day and instead spend the day, or a couple hours making jams or whatever money object is highest at that given point, and then reopen when I have enough of a nest egg to afford to feed guests for a few days, based on *no* tips, and adding whatever tips I get to that to make it last longer. I have always been against charging my guests for something that I *want* to provide for them. If I didn't want to provide it, I wouldn't do it....I wouldn't feel *forced* to. For a while before my hiatus I was in burnout and I did feel *forced* to, and I blamed the ungrateful, greedy sims for this, but then once I cooled off I realized I could have quit way sooner than I did if I felt that way, I didn't HAVE to feel tied to my house, so that's why I feel the way I do now. You'll probably get as many different opinions on this question as there are posters, but that's how *I* personally feel about it.

G

Brewton,
You are prolly the minority on that feeling. Most owners feel when they or a roomie is online, the house should be open. I personally feel the same way as you but I have lived at houses where if I was online and not at the house, I was threatened and evenually kicked out of the house. In this situation, they are tied down to the house.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If I ran a public lot I would charge for food.

I see no problem with it, I'm actually an advocate of it. And I personally would never opt not to go to a lot because they charged for food.

[/ QUOTE ]I feel exactly the same way.

The way I see it, it costs $12 to set the buffet table, which provides - I'm not sure - possibly 24 servings (I'll have to look into this). If someone were to charge me $2 a plate, I'm not sure I'd even notice! And the buffet owner would make a $36 profit off of each setting!

I'm not sure what the big fuss over payouts is all about. I just finished a shift at the nightclub nearly $1,000 richer. Pizza still pays pretty well, too.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I never will charge for food when I host. I will provide what I feel is exemplary services (serenades, as little AFK as possible, engaging conversation whenever possible) and will put out tip jars, and those who are inclined to tip and can afford it will, and those who can't or don't want to won't. If it gets to the point that I can't afford to feed guests on a given day, then I'll just not open that day and instead spend the day, or a couple hours making jams or whatever money object is highest at that given point, and then reopen when I have enough of a nest egg to afford to feed guests for a few days, based on *no* tips, and adding whatever tips I get to that to make it last longer. I have always been against charging my guests for something that I *want* to provide for them. If I didn't want to provide it, I wouldn't do it....I wouldn't feel *forced* to. For a while before my hiatus I was in burnout and I did feel *forced* to, and I blamed the ungrateful, greedy sims for this, but then once I cooled off I realized I could have quit way sooner than I did if I felt that way, I didn't HAVE to feel tied to my house, so that's why I feel the way I do now. You'll probably get as many different opinions on this question as there are posters, but that's how *I* personally feel about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. I won't charge my guests for food, there is NO barfett table at my house. (The only reason my DG sim has one, is because she has no cooking skill lol, and even then it was rarely used.) If you were a guest in my rl house, I would not charge you to eat, sleep, use the toilet, etc. Why should I do it in my sim life? (rhetorical question!)

If you are a roomie in my house, you are NOT required to open the lot. I don't always open the house, and I don't expect anyone to do something I don't.

I don't mind paying a FEW simoleans for food when I am at some else's house, and I especially don't mind tipping for good service. (And no, I don't tip just a few simoleans. I believe in tipping good, irl and in sim life.) But I also will NOT pay to use a toilet, or to sleep in a bed. Once again, I don't pay to use these things irl, why should I pay to use them in a game?

It is everyone's perogative to play the game the way that makes them happy.

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done you!! More lot owners should take this stance. But the difficulty is being able to charge for HC, buffets are easy to set a charge on but you have to eat twice.

The answer would be to put a charge on the door to enter the dining area, but im not sure how or who the money is paid to. I believe it is shared between the owner and the roomies, and if a roomie is never there then its unfair they get a share of the takings. Maybe someone can clarify that.

People have just got to used to getting it all for free, and it isnt JUST about food. The lot owner has had to find the money to buy the property and set it up, they pay for the maid and gardener and the repairman just so that visitors who havnt contributed a single cent toward the setup have free reign to come and go as they like, and make full use of the facilities.

I know that money objects offer a small kickback to the owner of the object, but really its minimal and nowhere near covers the cost of running the house and repair costs. Skill houses are even worse off, they get nothing for their trouble.

If the customers dont like the charge they can go back to their own lot to green up, and they still have to pay for it by stocking their own fridge.

If paydoors were set up properly they woudl be the ideal answer

G

<blockquote><hr>

How is it fair to an owner of a top 20 house (just throwing it out there) to keep his house open all the time but not being able to make any money to stock the refridgerator or fill the buffet table?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's completely fair. They have the ability to charge, and should. I often forget to tip, and it's not because I don't appreciate what is done for me.

Never give a sucker an even break.

M

mameloot

Main problem is how to charge for HC (other than a pay door).
Also how not to offend/scare off customers.

Simple solution - put a custom sign in the kitchen with a bitmap saying, "Please tip at least $3 per plate. Food costs us money"
or something like that
(CC'rs - how about coming up with something like this? Could sell well)
Then, please have a tip jar specified for food. Roomies can move their jar to the food location when they're working (and use it to stock). I never know who to tip for food.

Will everyone do it? No.
But at least you are asking politely without having to constantly repeat yourself - or pushing yourself to the point of a tantrum.

Make it easy, clear, yet polite, and I think you'll have more people tipping.

mame

G

from the dictionary:
Tip: gratuity: a gift of money for a service, especially as an amount above what is owed

So if you ask people to give you a tip, it is no longer a tip. It is a payment for services rendered. A tip is given over what is owed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you were a guest in my rl house, I would not charge you to eat, sleep, use the toilet, etc. Why should I do it in my sim life? (rhetorical question!)

[/ QUOTE ]
Just curious, since you made a comparison to RL:
If you had up to 38 people in your house continuously (Let's say 20), for a comparable length of time as some in EA (6 to 8 RL hours = several days in the game), who wanted home cooked meals on demand, seldom put their dishes in the sink, never made the beds, seldom flushed the toilet (and never cleaned one), and sometimes peed on your carpet - would you still feel that way?

G

If I had 30 or more people in my rl house...supposing they all fit....it would then be a hotel, not a house. That would be different. I don't have a hotel in EA Land, though. I have a money lot. And I very, very rarely have more than 10 sims in my house in EA Land. Even if I did have a full house, I wouldn't charge for food

G

<blockquote><hr>

If I had 30 or more people in my rl house...supposing they all fit....it would then be a hotel, not a house. That would be different. I don't have a hotel in EA Land, though. I have a money lot. And I very, very rarely have more than 10 sims in my house in EA Land. Even if I did have a full house, I wouldn't charge for food

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a cop-out.

If we were talking about only one or two guests, then I doubt anyone else would charge either.
But, comparing situations in RL to EA are always unbalanced, and it wasn't really a fair question.

I might not charge 30 sims in EA Land for food (or, I might), but you can bet the farm that the same situation in RL would call for them to pitch in with either money or elbow grease.
I have 2 nieces, who, all by themselves, can empty a refrigerator faster than you can drop a chocolate cake on brand new, white carpet.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Brewton,
You are prolly the minority on that feeling. Most owners feel when they or a roomie is online, the house should be open. I personally feel the same way as you but I have lived at houses where if I was online and not at the house, I was threatened and evenually kicked out of the house. In this situation, they are tied down to the house.

[/ QUOTE ]

If an owner is doing this, then he'd lose me as a roomie the first time he 'threatened' me without having to kick me, and in fact I'd make it clear when I moved in that I'd host a set number of hours a day and if I was not relieved when the next roomie's shift came and I did not FEEL like keeping the house open, or did not have the funds to do so, I'd simply close the house. This is a game. As a roomie I will live up to the conditions that I sign up for, but I will never sign up to be a slave, which is what I feel hosting 8-12 hours a day except when I WANT to would be doing. If I do it other than when I really want to, then it's nobody's fault but my own.

G

The point is, I don't have 20-30 people in my house at any given time. The most is when we have a party on the 4th of July. And no, they do NOT give money for food, cleaning, etc.

I still won't charge for food, beds, toilets, etc, at my sim house.

I don't call it a cop out. I call it hospitality.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The point is, I don't have 20-30 people in my house at any given time. The most is when we have a party on the 4th of July. And no, they do NOT give money for food, cleaning, etc.

I still won't charge for food, beds, toilets, etc, at my sim house.

I don't call it a cop out. I call it hospitality.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ooooooooooooookay.

No sense of humor. Check.

So, don't make unrealistic comparisons between RL and the game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

If you were a guest in my rl house, I would not charge you to eat, sleep, use the toilet, etc. Why should I do it in my sim life? (rhetorical question!)

[/ QUOTE ]
If you had up to 38 people in your house continuously (Let's say 20), for a comparable length of time as some in EA (6 to 8 RL hours = several days in the game), who wanted home cooked meals on demand, seldom put their dishes in the sink, never made the beds, seldom flushed the toilet (and never cleaned one), and sometimes peed on your carpet - would you still feel that way?

[/ QUOTE ]

At that point I'd no longer have *those* people in my house. You don't have to have them there, it's a choice....a choice that has consequences. I believe that is what Fire meant, and how I also feel about it too. When I want to make money, I will get on a job track or a money object. Hosting is not a form of job track...it's not meant to be a chore, its not meant to be a 'have to', it is meant for people who WANT TO to do it. if you don't want to, that's your perrogative, there are enough people in game who do want to, who would appreciate being able to get higher up on the list with the people that see it as a 'chore' or 'responsibility' gone.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At that point I'd no longer have *those* people in my house. You don't have to have them there, it's a choice....a choice that has consequences. I believe that is what Fire meant, and how I also feel about it too. When I want to make money, I will get on a job track or a money object. Hosting is not a form of job track...it's not meant to be a chore, its not meant to be a 'have to', it is meant for people who WANT TO to do it. if you don't want to, that's your perrogative, there are enough people in game who do want to, who would appreciate being able to get higher up on the list with the people that see it as a 'chore' or 'responsibility' gone.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't ask you. For a reason... everytime I read one of your rambling, illogical, nonsensical diatribes, I lose a couple points off my I.Q.
Many more like this, and I will need help tying my shoes.