• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Following the Clues...

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I meant to make this sooner, but Stratics was having issues... Then I went to see Harry Potter (but that's not important!)

Anyways, so far we seem to have figured out that the book The Wild Girl of the Forest [First Edition] is the important book, being the only one that could be copied. It seems that the point of interest in this book is this:

The widow told me of Japheth's final mission, retrieving a cache of rare books for the nobility of the land.

These books were recovered and distributed amongst the nobles, but as Japheth died on this final mission, there isn't much known about it.

I'm thinking that we have to track down the books recovered from that cache, but I've no real idea where to look. I've done a general sweep of the cities as well as the Lycaeum, but I'm at a loss...

FYI: If anyone wants me, I'm sitting in the CruxAnsata chat, apparently alone :(

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Guess stratics let us back in at the same time ;)

I was along your lines of thinking as well but have yet to turn up anything new. I have ran across a couple of old books (Brit Castle and just outside Glow) but nothing new. With strat back up it finally allows me to research some here also tho. Man do I hate when they are down.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My main issue is that I don't know if something was from an old event, or if it's new, or even from an event...

I did have a nice little chat with Josiah earlier though in which he agreed that the books from the cache could be of importance. :)

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found the bones!! I'm just not sure how to actually get them... Yet...

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "Recovery" of the bones will be a separate event.

I received an email with a screen shot at 9:48pm EST last night, so officially that group will get credit for 'being the first'.

However, as Faeryl found them also before I was able to confirm, she will also get a nice jump in Crux Merit Points for the find, once Danica is again with us.

Try not to 'spread' the location around too much, let others who are working on it try and figure it out on their own. You can give hints if they ask of course :)

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats to the first group!

I felt kind of foolish after finding the clue to the location of the bones, as I'd looked in that spot yesterday and completely missed it! Still, after that finding the bones was simple :blushing: