• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FoF?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On Townhall weeks, haven't we been getting the FoF on Thursdays, because everyone is travelling on Friday?

None this week? or still gonna be on friday?

B

Beastmaster

I think Jeremy has just flat out abandoned the fanbase at this point. She made 4 posts this week. One to say they have lots of content coming in Pub 55, two to address the rsvp issue, and one to acknowledge they were repairing Legends. I'm feeling like alot of other posters here that either a) she's dissatisfied with her job (which we'll never hear), b) she's getting tasked to do stuff with Warhammer, c) she's just fed up with us.

Whatever the real reason, Robert needs to get off his can and do something about the lack of communication. Wouldn't it be sweet if an entire shard froze their accounts for a month? I know, that'll never happen, but I think it's the only kind of thing that would get their attention.

L

Lord Kynd

both her and drac. have been very quiet latly.
sorta wish they would give us free beta test slots+ download for it tho, looks interesting.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Usually Jeremy does post an FoF on Thursdays before Townhalls, but if it's going to be remotely as exciting as I hope/think it is. It'll make up for it.

Ori

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm HOPING That the Town Hall will give us info worth the wait.

I know that the Exchange has been hard at work, but there's only so much that we can affect. It'd be nice to know that improvements to the client are going to resume soon and that this grand plotline (which thus far still make little sense in its broken up form) creates as good of a scenario as is being hinted at.

I'm not sure I can consider myself cautiously optimistic right now... more like "Just waiting for something of substance".

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I take the silence to mean that things are very, very busy getting getting as much as possible ready to show for the townhall. That might mean that they're still skirting the edge of whether they are ready to make any announcements (the last town hall had its news pulled at the last minute because it wasn't ready if I remember correctly).

We'll just have to wait and see what lies ahead.

M

Millie

Will be answered at town hall. haha . .good for the people that can drive 2000 miles to hear it. :lame:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The only one that got within driving distance of me was still 3 to 4 hours away and listening to it on WRR made me glad I didn't waste the drive time because there were SEVERAL questions that had just been answered in the FoF released the day before the town hall, several more that were completely pointless and the rest of the information at that town hall was, well... rather weak.

The previous Town Hall was pretty good. Lots of topics covered there.

Withholding judgement on this one. Planning on sending in one specific question via WRR if possible.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Millie....Whispering Rose Radio will carry it live...www.wrrad.com.

They do a fantastic job covering these events.

Oriana

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love how you nincompoops assume the UO devs work on Warhammer whenever they stop posting for a little while. Like the developers of Warhammer (or any game) want people who aren't part of the project just coming in and doing development work at random.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This might explain the hold up with the FoF:

http://darkfallonline.com/beta/

Anyone that has been following the develpment of this game should know to get out the blankets and winter ware, looks like hell is about to freeze over!

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Anyone that has been following the develpment of this game should know to get out the blankets and winter ware, looks like hell is about to freeze over!
Nobody gives a crap about darkfall except you same five fanboys. For everyone else it's just a laughingstock. A moderator really ought to delete this crap.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nobody gives a crap about darkfall except you same five fanboys. For everyone else it's just a laughingstock. A moderator really ought to delete this crap.
Awwww..that's just mean :D

Let the poor fanboy enjoy their 2 minutes in the sun while they still think beta means anything.

Some perspective on beta testing;

The first incarnation of warhammer(created by Turbine and 1000000 bajillion times better than the piece of crap Mythic has created) was beginning beta and it was canned because they couldn't come up with the 30 mil to launch the game.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd just like to have a FoF as there isn't a snowballs chance in Hell that I'm ever going to get to attend any townhall... (and if one actually came close enough for me to go I KNOW that would be the last day of UO)....

Unless of course there are some unknown Bijillionaires out there in UO that feel sorry as hell for me and will pay my way to the thing.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinda crummy that there wasn't even a "Hey guys no FoF but we'll see you at the Town Hall!" message.

Aroma

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd just like to have a FoF as there isn't a snowballs chance in Hell that I'm ever going to get to attend any townhall... (and if one actually came close enough for me to go I KNOW that would be the last day of UO)....

Unless of course there are some unknown Bijillionaires out there in UO that feel sorry as hell for me and will pay my way to the thing.

Same here brother same here.:sad4:

C

canary

Kinda crummy that there wasn't even a "Hey guys no FoF but we'll see you at the Town Hall!" message.
That would mean that our Community Liason/ Coordinator was doing her job.

Perhaps she was testing WAR.

Perhaps she was listening to kd lang or the indigo girls and got swept away by the music.

Perhaps she went to the library and picked up a Gertrude Stein book to read and became preoccupied.

Perhaps today was a day at the park.

Perhaps she overslept.

Could be a million things, really.

Aroma

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps she was testing WAR.

Perhaps she was listening to kd lang or the indigo girls and got swept away by the music.

Perhaps she went to the library and picked up a Gertrude Stein book to read and became preoccupied.

Perhaps today was a day at the park.

Perhaps she overslept.

Could be a million things, really.

I got it she is on the west coast suffering from jet lag and just now got up to relize she fergot her charger for her laptop so no fof. well sounds good anyway right lol

C

canary

I got it she is on the west coast suffering from jet lag and just now got up to relize she fergot her charger for her laptop so no fof. well sounds good anyway right lol
... because she didnt have all week to tell us. Right. :lame:

Why does this person have a job?

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps she was listening to kd lang or the indigo girls and got swept away by the music. Perhaps she went to the library and picked up a Gertrude Stein book to read and became preoccupied.
I am unimpressed with her communication too, but the sexist insinuations aren't even remotely called for. They undermine your otherwise good point.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am such a weenie...I missed that, not being up on all this stuff ya know
:blushing:

wow
lol
I gotta get out more! :coco:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, she was doing research for it. I got an e-mail from her, yesterday, asking for some more details of an issue I'd reported in a FoF question submission, so she was making the effort. In fact, she followed it up with another question at 7:30 AM this morning asking for further clarification.

Laptop chargers aren't like Cell Phone ones - it's a hell of a lot more expensive to pick up a spare, when you forget one, and there's no guarantee that a co-worker's charger will work on your machine, even if purchased at the same time, if there's even a slight difference in models (a computer labeled as a model 1400 isn't necessarily from the same manufacturer as a 1410, in the computer industry)

C

canary

I am unimpressed with her communication too, but the sexist insinuations aren't even remotely called for. They undermine your otherwise good point.
Those aren't sexist comments, I'm a female. Yay you.

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those aren't sexist comments, I'm a female. Yay you.
So am I. So what? Being female doesn't render you incapable of sexism against other women - although it should heighten your embarrassment when you get called on it. You were implying things about her - shall we say: inclinations - too, and ya darn well know it. So: shame on you.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ladies, ladies, there is no reason to fight, unless you want to pillow fight....
darn it now im doing it!

J

Jeremy

FoF is up - sorry about the delay! I intended to post last night, but had some technical difficulties, and was traveling today (and am now on West Coast time.) The real juicy stuff isn't coming til tomorrow anyway :)

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*suspends Oriana for 24 hours*

:p

*Suspends Jeremy for 24 hours*

(Just kidding)
Ok you meanie!! I have friends at the top on Stratics!!! Well ok, maybe not the top lol. Anyway the FoF is up *hugs* Jeremy!!

Oh and the time of the broadcast will be starting at roughly 3 pm PST-6pm.
Thats 4 MST, 5 CST and 6 EST and -8 GST(I think) For those outside those areas.

Have a good evening everyone, the kids are gone and we're going to bed ;)

Ori