• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FoF Redoux??? Were we going to have it Monday?

D

DHMagicMan_1

OOPS!! The title should be "Were we going to have it Monday?"

I thought we were getting it eventually, along with the "Post up shortly" about the Japan 11th Anniversary SNAFU...

Please, Jeremy, communication?

Thanks.

J

Jeremy

I'll get a properly-formatted version up (with the player submissions) hopefully tomorrow if I can get my connection sorted, but here's the actual text that went up at the Town Hall:

Japanese 11th Anniversary Promotion:
- Items will be available exclusively through the box for approximately 30 days
- After 30 days, items will be available via UOGamecodes.com
- More details (which items, pricing of codes, etc) will be available closer to December

“Is anything ever going to happen in Magincia?”
Yes! Look for further developments in Publish 56.

More notable Publish 56 bug fixes:
-Fixed an issue allowing players to cause their own faction members to lose kill points
-Blank scrolls should be able to be added to commodity deeds
-Tamers will no longer be able to attack with their pet and remain hidden/stealthed
-Pristine Dreadhorn will be stackable

“What’s going on for Halloween?”
I’m not going to spoil all the surprises, but I can say that Trick or Treating will return with some all new treats, and there will be plenty of adventure for those who want a little more excitement for their holiday.

Gardening clarification:
Last week I said that the new plants will be available in Blaze, Black, and White via the Naturalist quest. This isn’t quite true – the new cactus is the only one that will be available in Blaze. The rest of the new plants will be available in Black and White.

J

Jeremy

It's looking like we'll get it on a TC this week, and hopefully get the client out as well (without a client publish a bunch of stuff won't be testable.)

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id love to be able to just download a fresh KR/SA Hybrid Client. Will that be a option somewhere?
And while i am here where can i sign up for the beta? I am great at that lol...

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gardening clarification:
Last week I said that the new plants will be available in Blaze, Black, and White via the Naturalist quest. This isn’t quite true – the new cactus is the only one that will be available in Blaze. The rest of the new plants will be available in Black and White.
Grrrrr.... I really wanted some blaze hedges.

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's looking like we'll get it on a TC this week, and hopefully get the client out as well (without a client publish a bunch of stuff won't be testable.)
'looking like' and 'hopefully' doesn't sound good to me.

Are we actually going to get Halloween content before the 31st?

J

jelinidas

You all are such doom and gloom. Give it a chance. Im pretty sure if it was not going to happen, Jer would have said so. Just cross your fingers, like she is, and wait a couple days. Lets just see what happens.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Jerremy,

In addition to the above, didn't you or someone else (Mythic, not a guest) make reference to some sort of 11th anniversary gift(s) that we wouldn't have to pay for?

I don't mind buying extra tokens if I want more of these items, since many of them look really neat and I'll probably want more than 1 of several of them... but in the past and with other games when an anniversary or some significant milestone is hit the users are normally given a token or present to commemorate the event... not offered the opportunity to buy the commemorative piece.

As I said, I don't mind buying extras, but don't you think sending one through email to each active account with say more than 12 months of paid history (to filter freebie accounts or those created just to receive this) would be a nice gift, then we could buy extras at our pleasure?

I can see why you wouldn't want to give one to every toon since so many people have toons set up on tons of shards for the simple purpose of collecting gifts and cross-sharding them, you'd lose your whole opportunity to sell these but I think there may be a middle ground someplace.

Thanks for considering.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like it when you're decisive and exact about what's going on. This is a great help to those who keep freetime open for UO around life's busy schedule. I dunno about the rest of you guys but I've been really anxious about the new live event stuff coming up.

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like it when you're decisive and exact about what's going on. This is a great help to those who keep freetime open for UO around life's busy schedule. I dunno about the rest of you guys but I've been really anxious about the new live event stuff coming up.
Decisive and exact?!