• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FOF Happy Birthday

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
September 26, 2008

"So fire-colored cacti are cool but... is that *all* the Naturalist quest gives anymore?"

This is something we're investigating. As an update to last week's post about colored new plants, this may be a bug that the fixing of which would eliminate those colors in the new plants. We'll keep you posted, but I wanted to make sure y'all were aware of the possibility that they will go away, since it's contrary to what we posted last week.

--

More Publish 56 updates

The big stuff is still making its way to QA, but here are some more bugs that are looking pretty solidly fixed right now:

Making the "weapon switch" macro work with spellbooks
Fixing an issue where axing spinning wheels while they're spinning can break them
The ability to disarm a shield with the Disarm special move should go away
Fixing some issues with the hiryu dismount move
You'll be able to find a healer on Nu'Jelm!
Fixing some issues with commanding your pet to attack or kill and the pet not responding consistently
Fixed a bug where the Inquisitor's Resolution sometimes spawns in an unreachable area
A number of minor display bugs - tooltips not showing the correct information, that sort of thing
We've got more coming in all the time, plus the live event, prep work for Halloween (you didn't think we'd forget about Halloween, did you?) and more! It's gonna be a monster publish.

--

What's To Come:

Publish 56 schedule update - at this point we're looking to get it on Test Center in two weeks (the week of the 13th) in order to give QA a fair shot at it. It'll sit on TC for a week or so, then Origin, then live - the usual pattern. We know this is an unusually long wait for this event, but it's complex and involves quite a few systems, so we're spending as much time as it takes to make it work.

--

Upcoming House of Commons Chat

We've got a UO Stratics House of Commons chat scheduled for next week - Wednesday, October 1, at 7PM EDT. We'd love to have you come on out and ask us questions! To find out how to join, check out the Stratics announcement here!

--

Fansite News:

[Lake Superior]
Lake Superior Community's weekly event Schedule
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Community Meet'n Greet
Date: Monday, September 29th
Time: 7:30PM Central
Location: Skara Brae Community Center - located next to the bank
Hosts: Airmid / Sabina Nikolai
Vesper Museum Exhibit tours
Date: Tuesday, September 30th
Time: 8:00PM Central
Starting Location: Skara Brae Community Center - located next to the bank
Host: Taeara Mi'Aken
Peerless hunt (Mondain's Legacy Required)
Date: Wednesday, October 1st
Dungeon hunt Training Camp
Date: Wednesday, October 1st
Host: Dyllon
Terathan Keep dungeon crawl
Date: Thursday, October 2nd
Host: Taeara Mi'aken
Ilshenar Champion Spawn hunt
Date: Friday, October 3rd
Time: 9:00PM Central

--

Enjoy the experience of playing UO while listening to these live broadcasts from Whispering Rose Radio (wrrad.com) ...

Saturday - Sept. 27th - Its time for the ever popular Brush LimpPaw show starting at 2pm PT, 5pm ET on WRR where listeners hear his Universal Outlook on current events as only he can deliver it.

~~~~~~~~~

Saturday - Sept. 27th - Deal or No Deal ~ 'UO Style' is on the LAKE SUPERIOR shard this week starting at 3pm PST, 6pm ET. Participants will be playing for 10 Million this week and of course there will be 5 - 250k door prize drawings *remember, you must be there to win*. For a map of the WRR DoND location on LAKE SUPERIOR ... CLICK HERE.

~~~~~~~~~

Saturday - Sept. 27th - LOOT!! LOOT!! LOOT!! If you enjoy the excitement of looting then join the mayhem immediately following the Deal or No Deal show on LAKE SUPERIOR. Catch a gate to the secret LOOT HOUSE hosted by Whispering Rose Radio and tune into WRR to hear the fun. Everyone is eligible to participate in the mayhem, so make a character on LAKE SUPERIOR and join the fun of this free far all LOOTING!!

~~~~~~~~~

Sunday - Sept. 28th - Its time for the weekly auction with the Pacific Auction House (located just East of the Luna Moongate). Serving the community for over 4 years, the PAH continues to bring players fantastic AUCTION deals. Get there early for best seating. Auction starts at 12pm PT, 3pm ET and is broadcasted live on WRRadio.

~~~~~~~~~

Thursday - Oct. 2nd - Tune into the Tazz and Keg's Underground show for unique listening fun and excitement airing from 7pm PT - 10pm ET with the WINNER of a $25.00 gift certificate to Gamestop in their special CONTEST for the 'FUNNIEST VIDEOGAME STORY' in 80 words or less being announced!

~~~~~~~~~

Have a fantastic week with UO & Whispering Rose Radio (www.wrrad.com) ~ see you all on the flip side

--

--

Have a great weekend, everyone, and raise a mug of ale (or an explo pot, if you're a PvPer) to UO's 11th birthday!

- Jeremy

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate to be a whiner, but I have to say this was the weakest FoF I have ever read.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fixed a bug where the Inquisitor's Resolution sometimes spawns in an unreachable area
Should just leave that bug in the game. It would be a good way to catch all the people who script the gathering of those high end Doom spawning items.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep.

I think we can forgive L for not jumping right on this and posting immediately. Talk about your Non-newsworthy items.

I sure hope there is absolutely great stuff in the works to keep the teams from giving Jeremy anything to work with.

*sigh*

Maybe they will pleasantly surprise us with something really cool and unannounced.:please:

T

Trevelyan

Why even bother with Five on Friday now

Should just call it "Friday round up" - player events with a footnote about any changes coming up

A shame to see a fairly innovative idea go to waste but, well, I guess it sort of shows that players dont give them any questions!

I think it says we need to ask more...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I guess I'm just hoping like heck that this publish coming up really is as good as they let on.

And I am happy to hear that they aren't going to forget Halloween!...

*crosses fingers it's good this year*

Oh and I was just thinking you could use the muffin and color it orange and call it a pumpkin decorated sugar cookie.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it just me, or is this "Five on Friday" really One on Friday?

R

RoycroftLS

More Publish 56 updates
Fixing an issue where axing spinning wheels while they're spinning can break them
Of all the things wrong with the game, this is what warrants the attention of the developers?

I mean, seriously, who found this bug in the first place? Is there an "OCD feng shui spinster" demographic in game that I'm unaware of?

L

Lady Kiara

I believe your are right...and i believe Jeremy has falling to the corp side of UO no more answering post :sad4: sad day for us UO fans that depend on answers....

M

MYUO

I believe your are right...and i believe Jeremy has falling to the corp side of UO no more answering post :sad4: sad day for us UO fans that depend on answers....
IMO, the mass ban fiasco really pissed off Jeremy and resulted in her silence - everyone complained about dupers for runining uo economy before the ban and complained again without knowing solid facts after the ban for "wrongfully banning the innocent".

The result? Jeremy just does her job now. As for this week's FOF being light, she really doesn't have much to say.

E

Evilminion

Halloween content, SQUEEE! :) :D

My inner hag looks forward to it with great anticipation... :stir:

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
next town hall, someone needs to make sure she even knows how to count to five.

one, two, three, four, five! five on friday, ahahah!

L

Lady Kiara

next town hall, someone needs to make sure she even knows how to count to five.

one, two, three, four, five! five on friday, ahahah!

You know i never even noticed that....hmmmmm only 2 on friday this week:sad4:
and sorry for this... But i am begining to Know why she doesn't comment anymore with coments like that....Not being able to count lol...whats next relaps on how to read email

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel jipped as usual on the farce on fridays, today was not a five on friday it was a one on friday, with a mention of a upcomeing publish and notes of the upcomeing player run events

The inquisitors bug was a good bug because someone who used multi clients to get themselfs into the room would not naturally page becuase they were the only ones on the pads to get in the room.

The IR spawning in a inaccesable location made pageing a gamemaster necissary adn stoped the ones who camped them like they camp the hammer, claw, and blade, not have the monopoly on the items

L

Lord Kynd

no reply's to post's or PM's
very disheartening for sure :(

maybe she is being held hostage?

X

xempathy

Seems like she answered some of the more asked about questions. (the plant thing has been bugging me for a while) She was nice enough to give a heads up about the possible discontinuation of colored plants. She gave a clear idea of what's being worked on right now by the team and made it clear that they're going to get it right the first time with the upcoming events. I'm impressed. Just because there are only a couple actual questions answered doesn't mean that it sucks. I see more people complaining than posting questions towards her. Maybe if the UO community wants developers to communicate they can be a bit more specific about what they want to know and ask questions adressed to Jeremy as opposed to "this sucks. the name is five on Friday."
I'm really looking forward to the upcoming event. It just kind of aggrivates me that everyone complains instead of being thankful for the information they did get.

I

Infiniti

What's To Come:

Publish 56 schedule update - at this point we're looking to get it on Test Center in two weeks (the week of the 13th) in order to give QA a fair shot at it. It'll sit on TC for a week or so, then Origin, then live - the usual pattern. We know this is an unusually long wait for this event, but it's complex and involves quite a few systems, so we're spending as much time as it takes to make it work.

After checking the approximate dates I have one question to ask. Will we be getting Trick or Treating before Halloween is over?

F

Flora Green

Seems like she answered some of the more asked about questions. (the plant thing has been bugging me for a while) She was nice enough to give a heads up about the possible discontinuation of colored plants.
She, as usual, said nothing. Instead of replying about the plant color bug that Regine is already aware of, why won't ANYONE say something about the new plant lockdown bug we've been talking about since they first came out?? Why won't they fix the important bug? Why won't someone acknowledge that it even exists?

Why was there NOTHING said about the anniversary, one way or another, regarding if they are giving anything out?

This FoF was nothing more than an ad once again for in game events.

L

Lesa

Hope they don't leave the solo, non tamers out in the cold. And give us a chance to partisapate in the halloween event.

The halloween event with the orange and black ghouls was the best ever!! (because a solo warrior or mage could partisapate...and win as well).

R

Radun

and the 'one' was actually no new info... all it said was basically 'we are looking into it'... and then went on to contradict what was said in one of last week's "Five" on Friday.
also:
Seriously, linking to upcoming player run events should not count... I mean COME ON

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel like i just got a dirty sock for a birthday present. Thats how I feel about the FoF almost weekly. If dirty sock doesnt cut it for you perhaps try the dangling carrot thingy. :D

C

Capricious

She said monster bash when it comes to Halloween... I really, really, really hope Halloween isn't going to be filled with only creature killing stuff. I've always really liked Trick-or-Treating because it was something I didn't need to be combat orientated to enjoy. I just hope it isn't the same items as last year. -sad face-

T

tiggertessa2007

id love to see it like it was last year!! the mag invasion was one of the best events in uo history...period. lets blow up something this year,,,personaly id love to see all houses that should be decaying , like the one i own on drach "acct has been dead little over 2 years and its still standing" go to unstable on the house signs,,,,,spawn light demons in random parts of our uo world and let us go to town blowing up these old houses that clutter the lands :)

D

Dai FHA

I am just glad they are doing something. I welcome all events good or bad. Keeps Life interesting. ;-)

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you didn't think we'd forget about Halloween, did you?

*shrugs*

Didn't think you would forget about the 11th anny either...

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making the "weapon switch" macro work with spellbooks
I have understood "weapon switch" in this item as "EquipLastWeapon" and translated as such on my site.

But EA Japan has posted a translation of FoF on their official site today and they translated "weapon switch" as "Arm/Disarm" macro.

Which is right? Is "weapon switch" actually "Arm/Disarm"?

editted:
I asked Jeremy about this. She answered: EA Japan is incorrect and "weapon switch" means "EquipLastWeapon".

Thanks a lot, Jeremy!