• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Flowers/Seeds Needed For Magincia Public Gardens

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Howdy Folks.

Since I can't afford the time, effort or gold to keep the Magincia Public Garden alive with flowers (see the below rant I posted on Stratics last week) EM Obsidian has graciously offered to lock down flowers. I have some of them but need many more and am looking for donations of the following flowers and or seeds. If you have the flowers (without characters names) or seeds you can give them to either myself or Aleecia in game or put them in either my mail box at my castle at the Tram Crossroads or put them in her Luna mailbox which is just outside the west exit.

Here's where Aleecia's House is:

mailbox to leave flowers at.jpg

Here is a screenshot of a section of the garden with the proposed flowers. I'd love to hear suggestions/changes/approval etc. For instance yesterday in game Fig the Ancient suggested that White Cypress go in the 3 corners so we'll do that. If we get enough flowers and seeds the extra will go in the southern garden area.

Proposed garden.jpg
The list of flowers/seeds and colors are as follows:
Colors: Aqua, Fire Red, Magenta, Pink, Bright Green and White

Flowers in the above colors: Foxglove, Pampas Grasses, Poppies, Bulrushes, Lillies, Ferns,
Elephant Ear and Campions.

Please put your seeds in a bag with a book that has your name on it so if in the event they aren't used I'll get them returned to you.
Thank you.

AW

I copied the below from my post on UHall.

For years TOBY and I kept the Public Garden going. TOBY and I would change the plants according to the season and/or Holiday. It was something we enjoyed doing for the shard but after watering, adding potions to each of the 160 plus plants every day we got burned out and pulled up the plants. I even pulled up my plants that I had planted around my Magincia house that were 4 years old.

For a while I had been asking for a way to hire a gardener to tend plants and of course within 2 weeks of me pulling up all the plants UO came out with gardener contracts that you could buy. That was good zen practice. That's all I'll say about that. :mad:

So now time has past, a couple years, and I've decided to do the garden again since it will be much simpler to do when using these new contracts.

Last week I proudly planted my first seed, went over to Isobel the Gardener to buy her contract and the cost was over 10,100 gold!!! For 2 weeks she will care for my lil one plant for over 10,100 gold. So there are over 160 plantable spots in the garden which means in order for me to not have to care for each and every plant(160) every day, I will incur an expense of over 3,300,00 gold per month, or 40 million gold per year. Even the Royal Botanical Garden or the Brooklyn Botanical garden's budgets aren't that high!

I think if the cost was more realistic, say comparable to what a armor repair deed costs then maybe there would be more idiots, I mean people like me, that would enjoy creating a public garden. I can create a garden in my house for free (raised garden bed) but when doing one that is public, for the public, I think 40 million gold is beyond my and most players capability to do something nice for the shard.