Flippers

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
F

Flippers

I have an existential question:

Why do people put their user name in the subject when they start a thread about anything?

This happens a lot on message boards on the web.

In the forum on our site at work, this happens constantly. I often crack up. It's just such a bizarre practice and I can't figure out the psyche behind such an action. I sometimes wonder if they do it with anything in their offline lives.

So tell me. Why do you think they do it? Do you have any idea why?

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 12, 2003
Pennsylvania
That's a good question,

SIGNED
ELGAINIH!

Actually it's probably just people who don't realize people can see the username. I always got a kick out of my parents typing in their email address to send to a friend. :coco:

G

Granjell

Narcissism? Like to see their name "in lights?" Alzheimers? Don't want to forget which are their threads?