• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestion/Request Flatten "UO Ressources" and all subforums to "UO clients & tools"

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As the title says, I would like to suggest to flatten all the sub-forum hierarchy on the UO ressources section. The situation at the moment is:

UO Resources (7 active threads since march)
..Ultima Mapper (1 active thread since march)
..UO EC (~30 active threads since march)
....Pinco's (10 active threads since march)
....Reference library (1 active thread since march)

After all thats ~50 threads in 6 months spread throughout 5 forums - ~80% of it in subforums . It's at best a minor annoyance to have to click 1 or 2 subforums down to go to the most active spots - at worst a royal pain (slight exaggeration :p)

I personally feel that could all be within a single "UO clients & tools" forum, which would greatly reduce the amount of clicking and waiting for pages to load on the user side.

Cheers.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
As the title says, I would like to suggest to flatten all the sub-forum hierarchy on the UO ressources section. The situation at the moment is:

UO Resources (7 active threads since march)
..Ultima Mapper (1 active thread since march)
..UO EC (~30 active threads since march)
....Pinco's (10 active threads since march)
....Reference library (1 active thread since march)

After all thats ~50 threads in 6 months spread throughout 5 forums - ~80% of it in subforums . It's at best a minor annoyance to have to click 1 or 2 subforums down to go to the most active spots - at worst a royal pain (slight exaggeration :p)

I personally feel that could all be within a single "UO clients & tools" forum, which would greatly reduce the amount of clicking and waiting for pages to load on the user side.

Cheers.
Thanks for the suggestion, at the moment we have a fair number of projects underway, once they are finished we might look at redundancies and inefficiencies in our forum structure. This isn't something we'd take lightly though as any changes would cause bookmarks etc. to break.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Cheers.
Thanks for the suggestion, at the moment we have a fair number of projects underway, once they are finished we might look at redundancies and inefficiencies in our forum structure. This isn't something we'd take lightly though as any changes would cause bookmarks etc. to break.
It may look like a good idea to stream line it but if it is all combined into one area then we will have to load more pages to find the post we are looking for. Having a general Resource page with sup forums is much better than 500 pages under one forum. In fact I would, if space is there split out as much as possible into separate sup-forums to make things even more convenient to find.