(OT) Flat Screen Monitor Question

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Barania

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 3, 2003
Was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for a quality flat screen monitor - I'm currently using an old 17" one along with a local computer store made XP machine with NVIDIA graphics a couple years old? Open to any size suggestions.

Impulse buy for myself and looking to spend $200 give or take a bit - also looking at a Staples $30 off/free shipping coupon but that isn't that important as I'll buy something decent from anywhere. Thanks and Happy Holidays and New Years to all.

Jack Nickelson

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 25, 2004
www.lorddog.com
i have 4 dell ones. 2 i bought 19 inches but they are more square-ish
and 2 i was sent from my work as i work from home. the 2 sent me were 19 inch also but widescreen.
I like the more square ones much better as they seem to have more screen space.
if i were to buy some new ones at this size i would get the square ones.
but if going larger then widescreen make more sense.

Lorddog