• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fixing Legends?

• Thread starter a Rabid Chipmunk
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
A

a Rabid Chipmunk

Part two of my attempt since returning.

Well I've tried holding regular events, and I generally get the same ten or so people (whom I greatly appreciate). But that is not what I want to see, I want to get more people involved, and try and grow the community.

So again, I'll ask the forums, what can be done to help Legends to grow and become more active?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Call my wife and tell her that UO isnt an evil game like she wants it to be. THen I would come back and we would be friends again!

But as for now, im looking for a different game to play

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Call my wife and tell her that UO isnt an evil game like she wants it to be. THen I would come back and we would be friends again!

But as for now, im looking for a different game to play
Whats her number? In a round-about way, I'll ask her where she's hiding your testicles so you can get them back. I suspect they are in a mason jar in the hard to reach cupboard over the fridge.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
weekend night are when most folks in their late teens and 20s go out. It's entirely hit or miss to determine whether someone will be able to make that kind of event.

E

Evies Hope

I came up with a few ideas...but the first question I asked to get started was removed. I been here on legends for 9 years Id say that's more then enough time to have some ideas. Unfortunately, I don't have a clique I hang out with, never did, so I doubt my suggestions are going to be welcomed by the precious few you have now!

A

a Rabid Chipmunk

Cant hurt to ask. I take ideas from whoever offers, has nothing to do with a clique.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
where have the EMs gone? they haven't done an event all month

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not that I would approve, but a Shard Merger is the only way. Other than that your not going to see it happen.

Bethany_lg

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the time, effort and enthusiam you contribute is awesome, but I do think a big part is there aren't that many of us. You divide the number of people by their different interests and the times we play...a dozen people on our shard isn't bad.

Maybe try co hosting with a couple of the bigger guilds/alliances...Offer punch and pie...free hat perhaps.

We don't even have a working auction house that I know of. I spent some time on GL and they have guild run auctions more nights of the week than not.

Desert Fox

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Yes what legends needs is another Chicken lizard fight, that will make it all better.
Heh

Yea I wish there are some events like in the old europa. 2-3 groups would have a labyrinth to go through try solve and defeat a boss on whatever route they end up. After they defeat the boss it teleports them into the final room where its all out pvp. You also can only go in dead or as ghost like the doom rez room. You will get rezzed inside, wear gm made armour and gm weps. You will get access to pots and bandies or regs within the dungeon.

Now if you look at all the changes. You can even utilize the new boats with cannons. Pirate event maybe? Kill a scalis maybe only after the boss is down you give the location of the war zone? Then boat pvp @your choice location? The bosses now are much harder so obviously you can wear any gear you want. I was just mentioning the old events.

In the old days there were also pvp defend and conquer. 2 teams and let's say it's blue and red team.. leader of blue team (can be just a mule or dummy char) is held captive by red team and blue team has to invade red team stranglehold to rescue blue king. It requires game integrity as well because there are no rezzes. Once you are down you will stay dead until event is over. That determines who wins. I don't know if you can use the faction bases cause there are 4 factions instead of 2 and you're going to have to factor in griefers as well.

I'm a returning player and hope to participate in anything that you come up with. Heck I couldn't even rem my user and pw heh. My wife got me back playing again.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh

I'm a returning player and hope to participate in anything that you come up with. Heck I couldn't even rem my user and pw heh. My wife got me back playing again.
Welcome back, Herr Field Marshal :) Shout out in General Chat if you need armor or weapons ans starter funds. Myself and many others are always generrous to newcomers!

I hear rumors of upcoming events involving Pirates! Hope they bear out, for as OP mentioned, seems to be vey little community involvement now.

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having support has really helped me. I came back after a few years away. Ive been back near 3 months now and i must say im having lots of fun. For all the playing that i did before, ive learned alot more about the game this time. I think having the support of good guild mates and studying this website has really made the difference.
I do hate seeing our population down the way it is. We never were a giant population, but we had many more than this when i last played. Im usually not here when these events take place. Ill be sure and come support when i can. I wish UO would "recommend" certain servers so any new players that came along could get suggested towards us. We arent dead by any means. I took a look at LA shard which i had a character on. I saw 3 people and that included luna. I was there for a half hour running around. I guess things could be worse. Thanks for all the work you are doing to try and revive us..

E

Evies Hope

Not that I would approve, but a Shard Merger is the only way. Other than that your not going to see it happen.
Thats EXACTLY what I pointed out to the friendly and helpful MOD who deleted my thread when I PMed them...They didn't even bother to return my message, so I'm assuming they couldn't care less if we have legends here or not.

However pressing on, there are not a great number of players who even read stratics. In fact I didn't even know it was part of the game I was playing for the first 3 years, so we're missing a huge player base by only announcing events here. There has to be a way, in game, we can announce events to give others a chance to attend. The EM has little lanterns that are placed where people gather in order to let players know. What can we do that's similar?

Also, and this is not meant as a negative toward Lady Phoenix, but some of us remember when this was an adult only game, and many of us have friends who have passed while playing. Why isn't there a place in game where we can memorialize our friends? Dont tell the same dozen people they can get a memorial but try telling all of us, past and present players, we can have the same thing! As I said, this is NOT meant as disrespect to the lady. I didn't know her and I'm sure she was a wonderful person!

I have about a dozen more but I'm waiting to see what happens with these...Like I told you all I have have no clique I travel with. I used to know a lot of players but over the years they've backed out of this game for one reason or another, and we're already fighting an up hill battle as the new game expansions are so bug filled! I hope this is taken in the spirit in which it was given, trying to keep Legends from being moved or absorbed by another shard to make it cheaper and easier for EA, and not as an insult to anyone! (Or worse yet just yanked again)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evie, as regards memorials, I think (at least I remember reading somewhere, don't know that it actually came about) that there was an idea on some shards to create a player graveyard. I feel that's a wonderful idea, tho I can see some small problems with it. So many unused areas about, it would not be that hard to find a really nice spot for something like that.

For announcing ingame player events.... I know that Fluffy will spam his events for an hour or more before they happen on General Chat channel, and you're right, there's a lot of people that don't frequent these boards. We have the chat channels and while I can't promise that it will always happen here's what I will try doing: I'll make a channel for Player Events and as often as I can I'll get on there and announce what's coming up. For now, that's the best I can do, and if you can think of any other ideas please sing out!

E

Evies Hope

@ Devils Own, I generally play early in the morning, as early as 2am, so I too could help with announcements to let players who don't do Stratics know what is coming up and other things that should be important to know. As I pointed out in my original thread if this is going to be a fight for the life of legends then I'm ALL IN!

I also liked the chess idea (though we do have to bring back some folks to implement that) and the dungeon crawls were always fun, though I think lots of folks are getting so used to winning some uber idem that we might have...Well never mind that now, one issue at a time conquered means we all win. I do NOT pvp, I don't think quick enough, nor do I react quickly so I'm usually dead before I can think what needs to be done. However, I don't want to ignore that part of the player base...There used to be factions all over the place and they used to plan their own events. Sorc had some way cool pictures of bodies laying everywhere, perhaps we could get some pvp ideas from him and others who enjoyed that part of play, maybe even lure Omni into searching for those test...Oh never mind that too

R

Reno

Contact EA and ask if an advertising department exist for UO..

Drop the AOL tag in front of Legends.. Why would a new player go to an AOL server?

N

NewThunder

Also, and this is not meant as a negative toward Lady Phoenix, but some of us remember when this was an adult only game, and many of us have friends who have passed while playing. Why isn't there a place in game where we can memorialize our friends? Dont tell the same dozen people they can get a memorial but try telling all of us, past and present players, we can have the same thing! As I said, this is NOT meant as disrespect to the lady. I didn't know her and I'm sure she was a wonderful person!
All you need to do is ask for a memorial. I ended up asking the EMs for the Lady Phoenix Memorial. Though I am not sure why it has beened altered to look the way it does now, there are too many flowers and the luck statue is no longer on top of the memorial. If you know of a player that should be memorialized place a request to the EMs (you may also want to email Mesanna to be sure to get results).

E

Evies Hope

@ Thunder...As I said before I'm not looking for my own memorial, that is definitely NOT the way to pull the shard together. I was looking for a way for ALL players to have the same opportunity that the family and loved ones of Lady Phoenix had...The question was asked to bring people back to the game, if you tell them there's a way to honor their friends and family you get them back. Its up to us once they're here to keep them here!

E

Evies Hope

weekend night are when most folks in their late teens and 20s go out. It's entirely hit or miss to determine whether someone will be able to make that kind of event.

I totally agree, but is that the base of legends? Cause i know several older women, myself included, past and present...Who are you gearing and announcing these events to? and when? What we need is a kind of census, but how would one go about that? Maybe I'll do a little experiment this morning.

E

Evies Hope

So Iv been in game twice and asked if people would mind answering a few questions...Got a very nice gentleman this morning (Older then assumed age group) and a no answer that's printable around 11. I will try again one more time later this afternoon.

E

Evies Hope

So Iv asked my questions in Global speak and just in singles. More often then not I was blown off and ignored and once I was actually asked "Why would we want more people here? Things are just fine the way they are!" Its going to take more then player events to galvanize this group. Much as I hate to admit it Zalan may be right