• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

fix the salvage bag so it doesnt cut cloth into bandages :(

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it was full, i was making ninja hoods. i just forgot to take the cloth out.. its kinda dumb it makes bandages tho, its like they forgot that could happen.. heh

D

DHMagicMan_1

So basically it acted like a scissors? You started with ninja hoods, activated the bag and got cloth, then accidently activated the bag a second time and ended with bandages?

I would guess that's "expected results" but would be nice if they just errored out the second one and said "nothing to be recycled" if there's only cloth in the bag.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
More like aarons6 had a bunch of ninja hoods and 3000 extra cloth in the bag, and he got cloth back for the hoods, and all the unused cloth got turned into bandages, at the same time.

After my first mishap of that nature, I never put more cloth in the bag than I needed for the items I was making. For example, if the item takes 11 cloth, and you cna only make 100 of them before running into the item count barrier, never put more than 1100 cloth in the bag. On a lot of items, the items weigh more than the cloth to make them, and you can run into weight issues that way, so it's really inefficient in the long run to pile more than you need onto you when crafting cloth items.

It's not a bug with the bag, more along the lines of an undocumented feature (the bag also cuts bone piles into the crafting bones that way, and does it much more efficiently than scissors, as bones don't hit the ground if you use the bag on them to cut when overweight)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Cloth items become cloth (at the usual loss from recycling)
Leather armor become cut leather (as cloth items, above), and WILL cut the "reversed" male leather (regular & studded: tunics, legs, gloves, sleeves and leather cap) items you can't cut up normally with scissors

Other uses (no material lost):
Cloth becomes bandages
Bone piles become crafting bones
cloth bolts become cloth
leather hides (the big piles weighing 5 per leather) become cut leather

K

Kallie Pigeon

I wish they would make it recycle bone armor. Even if you don't get bone back that would be great however if you get bone from it that would keep me happy for a while