• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Five on Friday and Pub 53

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some interesting snippets, I've marked the bits that made me go 'hmm':

Bug Fixes:

* Added a 15 minute timer for a guild to accept an alliance invite. This means guilds will no longer get stuck in "invite pending" mode. (For guilds in this situation now, once the publish goes live, GMs will be able to resolve the issue.)
* Updated vanguard controllers, spawn and locations to stop mobs from spawning underground and unreachable places
* Players are able to resize instead of demolish houses by saying "I wish to resize my house".
* Greater Dragons and Dread Warhorses will display properly in trade window
* Sand and Granite will have double resources in Fel now
* Added a statuette engraving tool
* Creatures will no longer teleport into private houses
* Snake Skin Boots will no longer say Oak
* Blood Oath can now be removed by eating an enchanted Apple or using Remove Curse spell
* Added a Priest of Mondain to Felucca Prism of Light area
* Zoo Collection points will now decay more slowly
* Lady Sylvanis will no longer chase people quite so far
* Repair Service Deeds now work for a Long Sword, orc, bear and tribal masks, Right facing Black staffs, Left Facing Crooks, and Left facing Clubs
* Player vendors can no longer hold a shield and a two handed weapon
* Moonglow blacksmith regions have been updated to use repair deeds
* Player vendors should now recognize the increased bank storage
* The spelling of Velocity has been corrected when a player is hit by an arrow with velocity
* Taming Text will now appear over the head when pet is tamed.

Spring Cleaning Updates: The full list with point values will be posted with the Test Center notes next week, but here are some of the things you will now be able to turn in for points:

* Holiday and Valentine's gifts
* SoS and MiBs
* Power and stat scrolls (all kinds)
* Treasure maps
* Artifacts (various kinds - minor, Doom, etc)
* Grobu's Fur
* Fishing Nets

And here are some of the house decorations and other items you'll be able to collect as rewards:

* A special Luck bracelet and ring Virtue tiles (to see what these look like, visit the Chamber of the Virtues in central Britain.)
* A beehive
* an archery butte
* a firepit
* a nest with eggs
* a yucca tree, a stand of bamboo, or a potted cactus

* a mounted Dragon head, for hanging on the wall
* Horse Barding (for decoration only!)

And, of course, the war rages on...

--

"Why does it seem like IDOCs aren't happening much at all anymore?"

I don't have a concrete answer for this one yet, but I wanted to acknowledge it and let you know that we do have engineers looking into it. (It's not a deliberate change.)

--

What's To Come:

Our hardware issues delayed Publish 53 a bit (obviously) but we appear to be on track to get it to Test Center early next week. As soon as that's out the door, we'll be hard at work on 54!

--

Town Hall News:

Look at our schedule to find out when we'll be near you! The next Town Hall is in San Diego at the end of July - if you're in southern California, now's not too early to RSVP!

C

Coppelia

Waw the Spring Cleaning rewards are great!
Too bad I tossed a few powerscrolls in the trash bin yesterday to have room in the house :lol:

Greaaaat! At last!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those rewards are great, but its a shame some of them are damaging Rare collecting such as the birdsnest, fire pit and yucca tree. That will upset many Rare Collectors

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will be just glad to get shot of a load of stuff once and for all..too much clutter!

K

kray2s

hello - could any one give me a little info pls?

I been very busy at work and not on as much as before and am lagging a little behind in this collection thing since handing in all the little bits of rubble i had left over!

Can anyone please tell me - when we can start handing im p/s's and the holiday gifts and who takes which?

I had a list before somewhere of where u needed to go to hand in the different types of items but i think i may have deleted it when i was "Spring Cleaning" my favourites list :(

Thanks in advance for any help

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish 53 isn't on test yet, all we have is a 'taster' of what's in the publish in Friday's 5 on Friday, we have no details of where to hand in those yet.

K

kray2s

thank you petra for the swiftness of your reply :)

Any idea when Strats will be fully functional again yet - im missing so many pages where i used to go visit regular :(

Anyhow nice to know the good ones found there way here:p:shots:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I can tell you is the guys with the know-how are doing the best they can.
If you've read the announcement at the top, and know anything about pcs, you'll appreciate that pulling a database the size of Stratics off a drive that's been formatted and overwritten with a new operating system is far from easy.

If I've understood correctly we won't be going back to the old style boards, they were in the process of developing these to replace them anyway. Though they were far from ready. The plan is to import the old post and user data bases into these boards.

Then, with luck, they can think about all the tweaks and adjustments that aren't vital, but will make the place feel more like home.

It's a bit like being shipwrecked on a desert isle. First priority, get some kind of shelter constructed, basic 4 walls and a roof. (these boards)
Second salvage what you can from the ship (The old boards)
Third make the building a bit less basic
Fourth stash the salvage in the new structure
Fifth you get to furnishing and decor to make the place homelike

We're up to stage 4 atm and hoping the 'barrel of rum' we salvaged won't turn out to have been contaminated by seawater when we open it