• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishmonger Orders, they are a mistery to me...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NOTE. I already got a 110 Fishing Powerscroll (am currently at 108.9 Fishing skill) so this thread is NOT about not getting what I needed, but to voice my disagreement in regards to how fishmonger orders rewards have been designed and coded.

When I received this 6-liner fishmonger order :

Deliver to Papua

- 20 Blue Crab (40 points at 2 points/each)
- 20 Rock Crab (40 points at 2 points/each)
- 20 Rock Lobsters (40 points at 2 points/each)
- 15 Hummer Lobsters (30 points at 2 points/each)
- 20 Yellowfin Tuna (40 points at 2 points/each)
- 20 Bluefish (40 points at 2 points/each)

Total is 230 points out of 240 max possible points (approx 96% of max allowed)

I thought I had hit the jackpot as, saved the 5 Hummer Lonsters missing, this fishing order was as good as it can get without dungeon fish in it.

Besides, it had 4 of the 6 lines containing almost all maxed out crabs/lobsters.

I mean, in 500+ orders this is the very best I have seen so far.

Well, as I said, I thought I had been damn lucky to get this one order and so went on to fill it (which took quite a lot of time because of the 75 crabs/lobsters) and then headed to Papua to deliver expecting a juicy reward. What a disappointment......

Well, wanna hear what I was given ?

Yet another damn useless 77 charges bait to catch a Fire fish (Fire fish, mind you, which I have been able to catch multiple times already with no bait needed when fishing for dungoen fish......).

So, a fishing order that is akmost as good as it can ever get for that level (about 96%) and takes considerable time to fill (few hours) gets me a reward that is useless because I can well fish the Fire fish (and I have, several times already...) without the need for any bait ??

Mind you, I was neither expecting a 120 fishing nor a 115 fishing Powerscroll due to the lack of dungeon fish requests in the order but a 110 fishing Powerscroll ? If an order that is 230 points out of 240 max points allowed does not grant a 110 Fishing Powerscroll for sure than I honestly do not understand how the hell fishing orders rewards were coded...

All in the hands of the RNG which over several times has given hints to players of not working too well ?

This fishing order was for me a total waste of my time (several hours). Lot of work and time spent fishing to get basically nothing really usefull as a reward.

Not good, IMHO, definately not good and a total disappointment for me.

B

Beer_Cayse

was somewhat on rantish side if I'm guessing correctly.

<snarky comment>
Besides we don't want negativity on the other boards do we?
</snarky comment>

I think it's a valid observation and well presented.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure seems like a valid point. I wonder why this got moved.

No clue whatsoever.

I stated that I already got a 110 scroll so, not a rant for not getting one.

I said that I am concerned about the way fishing orders rewards have been designed, organized and coded which to me sounds the discussion of a game issue.

Yes, I included a personal order but it was to provide an example to make the discussion more real.

I mean, I could provide theortical examples but what good would they do ?

I think real examples even if personal are the best way to discuss something which is felt as not working in the game.

Why it got heard as a rant I have no idea.

I wonder how should I write a post willing to discuss the way that rewards have been designed and coded for fishing orders for it not to sound a rant....

K

Kiminality

Yet another damn useless 77 charges bait to catch a Fire fish (Fire fish, mind you, which I have been able to catch multiple times already with no bait needed when fishing for dungoen fish......).

So, a fishing order that is akmost as good as it can ever get for that level (about 96%) and takes considerable time to fill (few hours) gets me a reward that is useless because I can well fish the Fire fish (and I have, several times already...) without the need for any bait ??
That part, at least, reads somewhat rantish to me.
However, I personally probably wouldn't have moved the post.

Like most things in the game, however, the fishing quests are speculative.
You're doing the "legwork" for the chance to get a reward of the level you're aiming for.
Not getting a high level reward is just one of the possible outcomes you "sign up" for in doing the quests.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like most things in the game, however, the fishing quests are speculative.
You're doing the "legwork" for the chance to get a reward of the level you're aiming for.
Not getting a high level reward is just one of the possible outcomes you "sign up" for in doing the quests.
Well this seems pretty silly to me. Its not like this is the Heartwood quests where you can sit in ONE location and do the same quest over and over and over again for the chance to get a heartwood kit. You already have to deal with the F'ing RNG to get a GOOD quest for Fishing, But on Top of that You still have to deal with the RNG to see if you Get the Good Reward!?!?!?!?!

I'm No statistician, but I know the RNG Sucks as it is, and when you have to deal with 2 Crappy Percentages, 1 to get a good quest,then 1 to get a good reward, your odds of getting anything worthwhile are now so low it requires a shovel to find.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well this seems pretty silly to me. Its not like this is the Heartwood quests where you can sit in ONE location and do the same quest over and over and over again for the chance to get a heartwood kit. You already have to deal with the F'ing RNG to get a GOOD quest for Fishing, But on Top of that You still have to deal with the RNG to see if you Get the Good Reward!?!?!?!?!

I'm No statistician, but I know the RNG Sucks as it is, and when you have to deal with 2 Crappy Percentages, 1 to get a good quest,then 1 to get a good reward, your odds of getting anything worthwhile are now so low it requires a shovel to find.

I agree with what you say.

But please, just explain to me one thing, WHY ON EARTH when I raise a point about this game mechanic I am heard as ranting ??

I am a paying customer who is paying to play the game and supposedly, when seeing a game mechanic that is not working well to my opinion and could certainly be improved and made working better, my voicing is then heard as a rant ?

Excuse me ?

Makes no sense whatsoever to me.

So discussing game mechanics felt as not working as they should is always ranting ?

If so, then how on earth is a player supposed to bring up issues about game mechanics which they consider as not working well ?

Inexplicable to me.........

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Popps, I will try to show you why folks read this as a rant. It is not my intent to start a debate, but to merely help you learn so you can revisit this topic in a more constructive manner, if you wish, in another thread.

NOTE. I already got a 110 Fishing Powerscroll (am currently at 108.9 Fishing skill) so this thread is NOT about not getting what I needed, but to voice my disagreement in regards to how fishmonger orders rewards have been designed and coded.
If you feel you need to say this at the beginning of the post, it screams "HERE IS ME COMPLAINING!!!!".

When I received this 6-liner fishmonger order ....
...Yet another damn useless 77 charges bait to catch a Fire fish (Fire fish, mind you, which I have been able to catch multiple times already with no bait needed when fishing for dungoen fish......).
This section just provides details about the fish order and extends your complaining.

More complaining...(redundant with the text above)...

Mind you, I was neither expecting a 120 fishing nor a 115 fishing Powerscroll due to the lack of dungeon fish requests in the order but a 110 fishing Powerscroll ? If an order that is 230 points out of 240 max points allowed does not grant a 110 Fishing Powerscroll for sure than I honestly do not understand how the hell fishing orders rewards were coded...
In this portion you first try to play it off that you had no expectaions of the 115 or 120 PS, but you turn right around expecting to recieve a 110 PS. You know the rewards for the quests are not static. Why you have expectations as to what you will or will not receive is beyond me.

The bold text is your first attempt to address the supposed "subject", as stated in your first bit, of the post. At no point do you try to discuss any other rewards you may have received for any other requests (wether it was a good one or not). Having one line that states "I do not understand why I could be unlucky with this reward" does not lay a foundation for discussion.

All in the hands of the RNG which over several times has given hints to players of not working too well ?

This fishing order was for me a total waste of my time (several hours). Lot of work and time spent fishing to get basically nothing really usefull as a reward.

Not good, IMHO, definately not good and a total disappointment for me.
More complaining about being unlucky...

Popps, my suggestion to you is to gather more data on other fising requests and rewards. I know others are taking data, try to work with them and compile it in one place. Then revisit the discussion if you see that the rewards don't seem to be fulfilling. Write this one off as being unlucky. When you decide to present this topic again, try not to regurgitate the same thing over and over (I do not mean to sound critical, but I you have a tendency to do this in all of your posts. It discourages any reader to go forward with your posts). I can understand your frustration, so collect more data and approach this topic when you have the information to back your observations. If you choose to start collecting data, I suggest you do so in the Treasure Hunter/Fisherman forum. The patrons there, may have already started to do so, I do not know.

Stayin Alive,

BG

K

Kiminality

But please, just explain to me one thing, WHY ON EARTH when I raise a point about this game mechanic I am heard as ranting ??

I am a paying customer who is paying to play the game and supposedly, when seeing a game mechanic that is not working well to my opinion and could certainly be improved and made working better, my voicing is then heard as a rant ?

Excuse me ?

Makes no sense whatsoever to me.

So discussing game mechanics felt as not working as they should is always ranting ?

If so, then how on earth is a player supposed to bring up issues about game mechanics which they consider as not working well ?

Inexplicable to me.........
You know, this goes under the general heading of "why your posts attract negative attention"... The thing many people tried patiently to explain to you, and which you apparently took nothing from.

Besides, this forum is "Spiels and Rants"
Emphasis added to "Spiels"
If anything, I'd say your post fits that category just as well, if not better than "rant".
You offer only your own point of view in so many cases, and hold little-to-no openness to accepting other views as being potentially more meritous your own. Your posts boil down to attempts to persuade others to agree with you, mostly without an aim for resolution beyond that.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was moved so they wouldn't have to deal with fixing the order system.:drool:
??? The devs don't run this forum or choose how to deal with posts/threads, stratics themelves do. Lol!

This thread was likely moved because popps was on another spree of making threads with questions and "debating" with every answer he got.