• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishing

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I started fishing because of cooking. And because I always fish in games that have it. When I first became a cow I was amused with the idea of a cow stomping about the river grabbing fish with its mouth, as you can tell by my avatar. Now I know how to look ahead and sometimes see whats coming up at various levels and it looks like fishing will give some perm pluses to power (as opposed to ones that are only active when that skill is active). And I want to see what the higher level cooking fish things give.

The problem is, I have huge issues with lake fishing. It may just mean I am missing something obvious so I am getting ready to be embarrassed here. This is what I do. In the river, I select the fish then hit the take button on the fish. This makes me 'swim' to the fish and take it. No problem there. In the lake I can select the fish and see the Take button, but I have to move towards in with arrow keys while bouncing the space bar and have no hands left to push the Take button. Am I missing something obvious here? Or can there be a fish button for the misc. bar so I don't have to try to hit the moving Take button? Or a better way to swim? Or is this an animal form issue?

What about a general 'Grab' button for fishing, mushroom picking and foraging?

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
now I am tab selecting the fish in a lake, pressing U and my cow will run along the bottom of the lake and stop under the fish. Now I use the space bar to raise up and hit U again when I am close to the fish. Sometimes U puts me back to the lake bottom. This happens with the eel in the tiger lake, and one of the perches in the lake by the fairy farm.

Also, I noticed that leveling Cooking also gives perm power pluses.