[Fishing] Fishing Template advice needed

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
I am going to remain on GL as it is pretty nice group there.
I have decided to make a Fisherman and have a Mythic token to speed him up.
I was thinking of following the template layout of my Cats fisher which is
Ana , focus, tactics, fishing, parry, chivalry, healing, and mace.

I wanted to change out mace for swords.
One of these skills has to go as my cats guy is at 720 and anatomy, focus, healing are as far as they can go and below 100.
As much as I like chivalry I like to explore off ship and mark runes and can't.
I'm wondering if I could do without parry and have some magery to use mark scrolls?
This is just a fisherman now I have no other plans for him.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Feb 26, 2004
Central Florida
If you are human, you may be able to use JOAT Magery and mark scrolls but I am not sure to be honest. I use an archer and with slayer bows, I have no issues fighting things pulled up as long as I do not use a fabled net.

Archery 110
Anat 100
Tac 100
Chiv 100
Fishing 120

Chiv is only for EoO and some small healing so you can easily fit in healing and some magery on that. I use MR on my armor and jewels to keep my mana up. You should easily be able to do a template like this with swords in place of archery.

Reactions: Parnoc

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Focus isn't that important then? Not like if I was using Mysticism? Sword without parry/shield= one hand free to use potions if I have to? If I could get 50 magery with some jewels I could use mark scrolls I bet.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Feb 26, 2004
Central Florida
With a slayer weapons (reptile and elemental) the mobs wont last long. You will only need mana for EoO or consecrate weapon which will leave mana for emergency heals but your main heals would be from bandages. My fisherman rarely ever dies.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
The only reason I have hesitation about archery is the supply of arrows. I think I had one archer and getting arrows made was always a problem. Is it still that way? I can see the advantage of using archery on a boat. Much better than trying to find the right spot to be able to attack a mob.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Feb 26, 2004
Central Florida
I just used archery as an example, it can be done just as easily with swords I would imagine.

Arrows are now sold 500 at a time from the bowyers and I believe provisioners. There is no working them up, they will reset at 500 when the first is gone. Every other time it is emptied, the price goes up a little. If you have a lumberjack and a fletcher, it is virtually free to make. Kill harpies in fell to get quick bundles of feathers. Shafts are made at one time so if you have 200 boards on you and you create shafts, all 200 boards will change into 200 shafts. Adding shafts and feathers is a one shot deal as well so you can make a few thousand arrows in a matter of a couple of minutes.

If you play on Chessy, bring me some feathers and I will gladly make arrows or bolts for you. :)

EDIT: sorry, I saw that you are playing on GL. If you ever decide to try out another shard, come check out Chessy. We have a decent size player base and one of the oldest player run towns/communities in UO, the Paxlair Alliance. We have weekly meetings and events, RP, and are strong supporters of the Governor System.

http://www.paxlair.com/times/
https://stratics.com/community/forums/uo-chesapeake.49/

Last edited:

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
This is how I changed from my home shard of Cats. I met a guild leader on cats one day and he invited me to try out GL. I am having so much fun with this group I am thinking of selling off my cats fel keep and just staying on GL.
You are a fountain of information and a pleasure to talk to. Now that I know about the fletchers and arrow supply I think I will try out an archer to see how he does. Thank you for giving me another option. The relearning curve of this game when you return is almost overwhelming, but I am getting there.