• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fishing shack

C

Caelas

Does anyone have a picture or two of a fishing themed house? I'm getting ready to deco one, but I'm short of ideas. I've already got a rod of each wood type, stuff you'd usually take fishing (sextant, map, lantern, etc)...but my ideas stop there.

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't seen a pic of it, but the "Pier" champion arty would be nice, I reckon :) Could also use some of the pier rubble.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone have a picture or two of a fishing themed house? I'm getting ready to deco one, but I'm short of ideas. I've already got a rod of each wood type, stuff you'd usually take fishing (sextant, map, lantern, etc)...but my ideas stop there.
What a weirdo. You take a sextant, map and lantern when you go fishing? I take a GPS, Flashlight, and my laptop loaded up with real time charts that display weather conditions, as well as fish migration patterns. Get with the 21st century! :p

Ok, now more to the point. To decorate a fishing shack, I'd use nets, pier rubble, small groups of fish, poles, pile of rope, skinning knife, sushi preperations, a few large fish, and a mounted big fish. For the building it self, it would be small. Wood walls and floors. The wooden tile roof.

On the north and west walls I'd place wooden tables. Few items laid out to make it look like I was in the middle of a project. Some crates stacked in the south east corner.

T

Tazar

The heritage token fishing decor nets... dead aquarium creatures (fishbones), a half barrel of water (maybe a goldfish origami in it by the "cleaning table"), any rubble boat/dock pieces...

C

Caelas

See, I think the big problem I've got is the shack is more of a house. Too much space to put stuff in. Perhaps a redesign is in order...seperate building and all that. Unfortunatly, no boat / pier rubble on my shard that I've found yet, though I did score a rope with a hook on it.

I'm having a problem getting my fishing poles high enough on the wall...they don't sit very close at all, and raising them to the max makes it look like they are laying on the floor right in front of the wall, maybe a foot or so up at the most. Any suggestions on how to get the poles higher?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any suggestions on how to get the poles higher?
Goza's. Place one right at the base of the wall you want the pole hung on. Raise the goza up to the desired height, and then drop your pole on top of it. Then lock it down. That should do the trick.

C

Caelas

That's what I currently have for the "shack". Obviously, my shack is a bit big. Was thinking about taking everything to the east of the doors and slicing it off (including all of the second floor), leaving the west plus the doors there. That leaves a rather large area on the NE side of the raised area available. Not sure if I want to toss a house in there and just deco it up, or what. Had an idea for making the stone walls that create the hills look like remnants of a fallen castle. Add slot windows, stones around, etc. And vines. LOTS of vines, if available.

C

Caelas

Alright, I redid the design, got deco, and went to town...and I personally LOVE the results! The idea is that a shelter / fishing hut was built beside the remnants of a fallen castle, and the hut owner decided to start utilizing what was left of the castle. I might add more to the fishing room...but for now, here's my new house!

Yes, it is a three story 18x18, but I like how it ended at the third floor. Much more on top I think would have been overkill.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
God i hate the new graphics... *Vomits* sorry not vomiting at the layout just the graphics... but any ways I can't really comment caus I don't know what it looks like all I see is fuzz with no depth or lines... Grrr why do they keep wasting my money on these crap graphics... If it aint broke don't fix it!

C

Caelas

God i hate the new graphics... *Vomits* sorry not vomiting at the layout just the graphics... but any ways I can't really comment caus I don't know what it looks like all I see is fuzz with no depth or lines... Grrr why do they keep wasting my money on these crap graphics... If it aint broke don't fix it!
Agreed. Up-downgraded the pictures to 2D :)

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh much better for my eyes. I like it the only thing id suggest is to try and find some more rock types for your rubble part of the tower or what ever that is...

C

Caelas

Yeah. Had to work with what I was supplied with. Hopefully I can GM mining pretty soon.