• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Fishing Competition & Sea Battles (Trinsic)

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahoy Mates!

It be me great pleasure to announce a coast to coast fishing competition open to all, and sponsored by The Port of Trinsic and me very own fishing shop, The Surf Shack, soon to be opening on the city's southern beachhead.

Catch Window : Saturday, 27th July -> Friday, 9th August. (2 weeks)
Weigh-In Event : Saturday August 10th, 9:00pm EST.
Place : Trinsic Docks, Trammel

The catch window will be from July 27th to August 9th, 2013. Only fish caught within, and including, these dates will be eligible for entry in their appropriate category.

To submit a fish for judging, all ye need to do is drop it in the mailbox at the Surf Shack on Trinsic south beach, which be here..

Ye can catch a teleport from Goodman's Rune Library in Zento!
Look for the rainbow fish.

Then, at the Weigh-In event on August 10th, we be announcing the winners for all categories and awarding prizes to the lucky anglers. Ye can also turn in any last minute entries by hand at the event. However, please note that fish caught on the day of the Weigh-In will be outside the catch window, and so will not be eligible.

After the prizes have gone out, it'd be our great honor if all hands would join us for some good ol' fashioned cannon cracking in the waters around Trinsic. We'll be taking on two of the sea's greatest beasties...
Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer
Charybdis

UPDATE : Vessels captained by experienced sailors will be on hand to ship land lubbers to the battle. The cannons will be open for anyone to use, but ye will need to bring yer own supply of heavy cannonballs, heavy powder charges, and fuse cords.

Anyways, ye probably be wanting to know a little more about the fishing competition, so here be the fiddly bits as they were told to me.

*Holds up a crumpled scrap of parchment*

Arr-hem

The rules, categories, and fish assigned therein be as follows...

Categories Of Entry
A - Enchanted Shore Fish (Autumn Dragonfish, Fairy Salmon, Holy Mackerel)
B - Legendary Shore Fish (Spring Dragonfish, Zombie Fish)
C - Enchanted Deep Water Fish (Big Fish, Giant Koi, Great Barracuda, Yellowtail Barracuda)
D - Legendary Deep Water Fish (Black Marlin, Blue Marlin, Giant Samurai Fish, Golden Tuna, Kingfish, Stone Fish)
E - Enchanted Dungeon Fish (Bull Fish, Crystal Fish, Fire Fish, Lava Fish, Reaper Fish, Summer Dragonfish, Unicorn Fish, )
F - Legendary Dungeon Fish (Abyssal Dragonfish, Dungeon Pike, Lantern Fish, Rainbow Fish, Seeker Fish, Winter Dragonfish)
G - Enchanted Crustacean (Blue Lobster, Stone Crab, Spider Crab)
H - Legendary Crustacean (Blood Lobster, Dread Lobster, Tunnel Crab, Void Crab, Void Lobster)
X - The Biggest Enchanted Kahuna! (All fish listed in the "Enchanted" categories above.)
Z - The Biggest Legendry Kahuna! (All fish listed in the "Legendary" categories above.)

Prizes
Category A : Orc Ship + 2 million gold.
Category B : Animated River Rock + 2 million gold.
Category C : Orc Ship + 2 million gold.
Category D : Ghost Anchor + 2 million gold.
Category E : Orc Ship + 2 million gold.
Category F : Ghost Anchor + 2 million gold.
Category G : Orc Ship + 2 million gold.
Category H : Seahorse Statue + 2 million gold.
Category X : Full fishing Suit.
Category Z : The Captain's Bundle (Britanian Ship + Pilot's Wheel Deed + Two-Tone Paint + Weathered Ship Paint.)
Bonus Prize : King Blackthorn has graciously offered to lock the very biggest catch of the competition in his castle for all to see!

Thank you to our Prize Sponsors: Governor Lew of Trinsic, Govenor Khalessi of Vesper, Govenor Andrasta of New Magencia, Govenor Sage of Skara Brae, Lady Lioness & The Cartel Guild, and Kylie Kinslayer!

The Ways Of the Contest
- Ye can submit as many fish as ye like, in as many categories as ye like.
- Only fish submitted in game via the designated mailbox, or handed to the judges on the day of the Weigh-In event, will be accepted. (No screenshots)
- Ye may only win one of the listed categories, with the exception of the two "Kahuna" categories X & Z (see below).
- The final winners will be announced, and prizes awarded, at the Weigh-In event. It may be possible to pick up yer prize after the event if a time can be arranged.
- In the case where one fisherman submits multiple fish that win different categories, the fisherman will be awarded victory in the category covering his largest fish only. If the fish are of the same weight, the judges will decide which category to award.
- The two "Kahuna!" categories will be awarded to the biggest submitted fish from the previous Enchanted and Legendry categories.
- The weight of biggest fish submitted thus far for each categories will be listed in the table at the bottom of this post. The table will be updated once a day, in the early morning hours.
- If ye would like yer fish returned after the competition, please pick them up at the Weigh-In event. However, we are encouraging people to donate them to the Fishing Record Museum, and this is where all record breaking un-claimed will be sent.
- Lastly, in the event of any controversy, the judge's decisions be final in all things.

*turns parchment over and finds nothing*

Looks like that be all the whats n' hows of it mates.

We'd like to encourage ye all to donate yer winning catches to the Fishing Record Museum, run by the fine mariners of Castaways. It be up to yeself of course. If ye be interested in seeing the museum, ye can visit anytime at this location...

I be looking forward to meeting ye all and weighing up some mighty catches on Trinsic docks a fortnight from now.

Fair winds and bent poles to ye mates!

Salt of the Sea, Compas.
(Shanghai'd into service by Lord Lew, Governor of Trinsic.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Best submissions

A - 193 - Enchanted Shore Fish.
B - 137 - Legendry Shore Fish.
C - 198 - Enchanted Deep Water Fish.
D - 112 - Legendry Deep Water Fish.
E - 170 - Enchanted Dungeon Fish .
F - 000 - Legendry Dungeon Fish.
G - 133 - Enchanted Crustacean.
H- 000 - Legendry Crustacean.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Badseed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Catch Window : Saturday, 27th July -> Friday, 9th August. (2 weeks)
Weigh-In Event : Saturday August 10th, 9:00pm EST.
Place : Trinsic Docks, Trammel

The catch window will be from July 27th to March 2nd, 2013. Only fish caught within, and including, these dates will be eligible for entry in their appropriate category.
The catch window will be from July 27th to March 2nd, 2013 :D

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im sure the date is supposed to be July 27 to August 9th and it will be changed Badseed, thank you for your response.

The prizes are changing as well, so get your gear ready, this will be a fun event to be sure. If it goes well, we will see if we can make this a semi-anal or quarterly contest.. one never knows where the winds will blow!!!

The City of Trinsic thanks Soar for Hosting this competition and it has the full backing of he City in this endeavor.

Lord Lew
Governor of Trinsic

Badseed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
im sure the date is supposed to be July 27 to August 9th and it will be changed Badseed, thank you for your response.

The prizes are changing as well, so get your gear ready, this will be a fun event to be sure. If it goes well, we will see if we can make this a semi-anal or quarterly contest.. one never knows where the winds will blow!!!

The City of Trinsic thanks Soar for Hosting this competition and it has the full backing of he City in this endeavor.

Lord Lew
Governor of Trinsic

Just thought I would point out the "typo" so It could be changed :D.... and I already dusted off my fisherman's tackle box and restringing my pole here soon :thumbup:

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just thought I would point out the "typo" so It could be changed :D.... and I already dusted off my fisherman's tackle box and restringing my pole here soon :thumbup:

All fixed, thank ye mate!
Aye the Gov Lew is swinging some pretty prizes our way. We just be finallizing the details now.

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After the council meeting tonight our little competition received some very unexpected help from various people.

King Blackthorn has offered to display the biggest catch of the competition in Castle Blackthorn. I've added this to the OP as a bonus prize covering all categories.

Goodman's Rune Library has installed a teleport tile from their building to the Surf Shack Mailbox, where you can submit your fish for entry.

Progress was made on completing the greatly improved prize list. We are still seeking another Ghost Anchor to round it off, if anyone would happen to have one for sale or donation.

Thank you to everyone coming forward to support this event. It's been incredible. Myself and Govenor Lew will do all we can to make sure the competition and final event go off without a hitch!

Last edited:

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahoy!

There be scarcely four days left to catch those fish mates. Remember, fish caught on the day of the Weigh-In event (Sat 10th) will not be valid. Friday 9th be the last valid date accepted.

I reckon there still be many chances to land a win, especially with those crabs and lobsters. Who knows, ye may even find yeself immortalised with yer fish and name displayed in Castle Blackthorn!

Also I'd like to remind all mates to prepare some heavy cannon supplies if ye plan on being a gunner during the battles with Scalis and Charydbis on the event night. The stars know we will need some good people handling those guns, and positions are open to all.

Good luck to ye all, and I be waiting for ye on Trinsic docks with the booty.

- Compas

Last edited:

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahoy

Today be the final day of fishing, and there still be a good chance to hook that winning catch.

To make it interesting, I will not update the top post with submissions made today. So the final winners will be revealed at the Weigh-In event tomorrow night.

Best of luck to all anglers.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So.... how did the final wrap up go tonight? Had a rl deal that came up at the last minute and could not make it :/

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So.... how did the final wrap up go tonight? Had a rl deal that came up at the last minute and could not make it :/
Lots of fun you missed a great event!

Lots of boats being tossed around, many people dying.. what more could you ask for. :p

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was lots of fun, do need to meet with you in game tho,

anyone that wants their fish back please drop a bag with a rune to your mailbox and the fishers name on a book...

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A huge Thank You to Soar for his great work on this event, and for being an amazing Trade Minister for Trinsic.

Also to all the Fishers, we could not have done this without your hours and days at sea. True there were rewards to be had, but without you, there is no contest!!!!

And for the crew who fought tonight, it could not have gone much better. The teamwork and skill displayed tonight were top notch. We expected to run late into the night, but you dispatched our enemies like true professionals.

Thank you all again for making this a fun event, it blew us away.

There will be pictures and more to come.. Keep your eyes open

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Glad the finale turned out to be a success! Can't wait for the pictures.

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you to everyone who helped make this so much fun. I'll have a post out with pictures soon.

I also need to meet with Kylie Kinslayer as he won the Enchanted Dungeon Fish category and I have a bag of goodies for him. Please let me know when you can meet mate. My ICQ is 78409004.

We had some prizes left over from categories with no entries. One was a ghost anchor, which was donated. Trinsic is working to make this a regular event every few months and we'd like to store it away for the next competition, but will be happy to return it if requested.

If you are an angler who submitted a fish and would like it returned, please drop a pack containing a book with your name along with a rune to a mailbox you would like it delivered to, in the Surf Shack mailbox. You can also contact me at the above ICQ and we can meet in person. All unclaimed fish will be sent to the Big Fish Museum.

I'll have that illustrated report on the event out soon. Thanks again mates, I had a blast!

Soar/Compas

Last edited:

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahoy Mates!

The climax of the two week-long fishing competition at last Saturday's Weigh-In event was a rolling sea of elation and horror.

After taking last minute submissions, the gathering moved aboard the Trinsic fleet flagship "The SS Enterprise" for the award ceremony.

Congratulations to the following anglers for their fantastic catches!

Anne Bonney - Enchanted Shore Fish
Faith - Legendary Shore Fish
Flair - Enchanted Deep Water Fish
Rolan Desh - Legendary Deep Water Fish
Kapt Kinslayer - Enchanted Dungeon Fish
Grace - Enchanted Crustacean
Flair - The Biggest Enchanted Kahuna!
Rolan Desh - The Biggest Legendary Kahuna!

And finally...

Flair again!
For catching the biggest fish of the tournment, a 198 stone yellowtail barracuda, which will be put on display in King Blackthorn's castle.

Once the prizes had gone out all mates readied themselves for the coming battles. We headed sea to face two of the deep's greatest beasties.
First on our list was Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer.

We had assumed he would be the easier of our two foes. However he soon taught us the fallacy of assumption!

The fighting was so fierce that the above was the only picture captured, but it is a good example of what the battle looked like for most adventurers.

Our brave crew fought on however, and in the end, Osiredon fell to our attacks.

We took a moment to gather our wits and body parts, then we set the sails and made way on the trail of our second foe for the night.. Charybdis!

Following the Oracle Of The Sea we found the location where the giant armored squid was hiding deep below and cast our lines to entice him with his favorite bait.

He was not happy to see us....

And immediately called upon his endless tentacle minions to attack us!

Then he began kicking our ships around the seas with wave after solid wave of water elementals!

The battle was brutal and every moment our crew balanced on the ledge of defeat.

But lessons learnt fighting Osiredon aided us greatly and soon the tides were turned.

Seeing he was no match for our big brass cannonballs, the beastie quickly scuttled our flagship and turned to run!

However we saw it coming and chased him down on orc ships. At last we brought an end to this horror of the dark and deadly deep.

Thank you to all who came out to participate, we hope you had as much fun as we did hosting this event.

Also a special thank you to all of my new found friends who supported Governor Lew and myself with their time and resources given to help put this event together.

In the future, we will be working to make this a regular event that will be held a few times a year.

Fair winds and bent poles to ye mates!

Soar/Compas

Last edited:

Tze'Naga

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It was a verry well organized event, had lots of fun! Thanks for organizing it! And also verry happy it was on a saturday, missing out most events on sundays due to the timezone (lots of european players on Atlantic these days) so have to do with the ones on saturday :)

Flair

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
We had a chat with the King, and it will be presented to him at the coming governors meeting on the 25th.​
Until then I will do my best not to eat it.​
YOU ATE IT!!!! You are seriously on my bad list now Soar. *sighs and grumbles something about silly fisherman*
Guess I will have to drag you in front of the king and have him mount you instead... *chuckles*
Congrats on catching the biggest fish in the land.
Thanks and I heard you caught a respectable fish also so congrats to you.

Last edited:

Flair

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So you are presenting the King a Fried Yellowtail Barracuda? *laughs*
Noooo... A Fried Yellow "Soar" Tail Barracuda Steak... since he insists on misplacing my fish all the time. This time though it was in his stomach instead of where ever it ended up the last time. :lick:

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm so bummed to have just seen this competition. I think Rienna needs to get her butt on her ship and start catching some big fish!

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm so bummed to have just seen this competition. I think Rienna needs to get her butt on her ship and start catching some big fish!
Do not be bummed. We are running it again in less than a month. At the moment the calendar is saying Nov 1st - 15th catch window. ;)

-Soar/Compas