• Important Information About This Forum
    Questions posted in this forum are 'moderated' and only viewable by Stratics Admins and Mythic Developers. They will be be set public only when an answer to the question has been provided.
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

fish monger reputation

• Thread starter anna anomalous
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anna anomalous

hello

i was wondering if i could get some clarification on two things:

first, is there a negative effect for abandoning a fish monger quest? such a lowering of reputation with them?

this brings me to the second question,

is the reputation that is built with the fish mongers specific to that harbor or does it apply to every fish monger? for example, say i turn in all the quests at fishing emporium but never do a quest from papua. when i finally grab an order from papua, will it be less because of never doing a quest there?

i ask because there seems to be a lot of people avoiding areas like papau and also others abandoning "harder" orders due to them being unable to locate the proper fish. i would believe that abandoning does in fact hurt reputation (as i saw it in the journal log on release day), however, i am not sure about the idea of fish mongers all belonging to the same guild or if they're solo reputation builds.

thanks in advance!

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you cancel a Fishmonger quest does it penalize your reputation?

Do we lose Fishmonger reputation points if we cancel Fishmonger quests? I'd sail to Papua every time if I knew there was some sort of extra incentive for going the extra distance, but it seems like there isn't any benefit, aside from what some believe to be a penalty if you cancel the quest. Also, can you elaborate on the latest patch notes?

Increased the chance to get fishing power scrolls. Quests breaks down to the following: under 80 for shallow water fish, over 80 for deep sea fishing, over 106 for dungeon fishing
What is the significance of the numbers? Do they refer to fishing skill? As in, 106.1 fishing skill prompts dungeon fishing quests from the Fishmonger? Thanks!

S

soulstoner

FishMonger Reputation

How does the reputation work with the Fish Monger quests?
Will there be a way to view one's reputation?
How much is lost by dropping a quest?

-------------Gone Fishing <{///}<

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fishing Reputation

So how does the fishing reputation work for doing fishing quests from the Fishmongrels?

If I cancel a quest does it make my ratings go down?

J

James_Mythic

Re: FishMonger Reputation

How does the reputation work with the Fish Monger quests?
Will there be a way to view one's reputation?
How much is lost by dropping a quest?

-------------Gone Fishing <{///}<
Shade:

• You gain reputation by completing orders. The more orders you complete, the better chance that when a fishmonger has a big order, they will give the business to you. The maximum possible quantity requested for any line item is 20. The maximum number of line items is 6. This means, that the largest possible order can contain 120 fish. The rewards change with the size of the order. Some rewards are exclusive to certain order size brackets.
  • As in life, your reputation with the fishmongers is not quantifiable in a single number like a stat. If you want to see how good your reputation is, see how many big orders you have in your hold.
  • If you drop a fishmonger quest, you drop a reputation level on each of the fish in the order. If you have a quest for 10 haddock and you drop the quest, the next time a fish monger asks you for haddock you will be asked for 5. It can never go lower than 5. The quantity levels are 5, 10, 15, 20 but you start at 10. There is no other penalty, so don’t worry if you have to dump your orders to dry dock you ship. However, know that being fickle will hurt your reputation in UO as it does in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.