• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

First Random 2008 Post! (I think!?)

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail All!

You may not know me, and that's totally blinkin' kosher. I'm not only a member of the Nudists Of Magicalologists, I'm also the founding President. I like to refer to other members of NoM as "nomnoms", and we affectionately greet each other by saying, "Nom nom nom nom!". When I say this affectionate greeting, I usually add visual "oomph!" to this by me eating someone's head. Mind you, I'm not actually eating their head as I do hover approximately 10 inches away, but here's a poor example to illustrate:

Where was I?
Oh yes, it's good seeing some new and old faces here, and I sincerely hope that everyone's 2008 is going blinkin' great, and if not, I'll definitely do a sake shot (or 10,000) in your name! It's definitely hard seeing players leave Sosaria and all its funky/cool wonders, but real life definitely takes precedence. For those who have left and still lurk the forums from time to time, I salute you and wish you the best: happiness, health, and good oral hygiene.

On a side note, is it me, or are there a myriad of online games that have erupted from the loins of the MMORPG Hermaphrodite God/Goddess/Thingy!? It's like this asexual reproducing God/Goddess/Thingy one day said, "I need more cheetos with this cannibus. I KNOW! I'll make everyone else experience my dilemma and frustration by fornicating online games by the bajillions!"

Next thing you know, there are banners, ads, and commercials all over the place for these online games. Granted, I'm not saying that this is a bad thing, but holy bajeez, it's getting pretty saturated out there. Some of these games are pretty damn nice! Great visuals, great controls, great codpieces, great loincloths, etc... Granted, I've beta tested quite a few games out there, and in kind, played quite a few as well, but there's always that "certain something" that the next gen games seem to lack. At this time, I can't help but compare and contrast UO with the newer stuff.

I still think that UO's skill system was/is beyond its time. I mean, COME ON... You could be a warrior blacksmith that's able to stealth, cook fish steaks, repair your gear and blinkin' mine for precious ore while tailoring new loin cloths. Whilst making undergarments, you could also smack an indiginous creature with an arrow, skin their hide, and then flamestrike an ogre who looked at you the wrong way. The beautiful thing about all this is that it's not a class specific thing. God only knows how many times I "down arrowed" a skill in order to learn another skill only to find out six months down the road, eh, it's time to work another skill, pre-soulstone era. Granted, people opted for multiple characters for their mule needs, their PvE needs, and even their PvP needs, but speaking for myself, there was a sense of accomplishment. I'm talking about a true sense of accomplishment, and you know the one... an afterglow usually accompanies one's accomplishments.

Once again, speaking for myself, that feeling is few and far between. These other games that I've tasted left a lasting impression on the palette and some of them were pretty dang tasty while most of them left a sour aftertaste. I will say that community and friends make the online experience infinitely better, and quite frankly, owning the "best" armor or weapons or gear in-game mean nothing when the only thing to witness this accomplishment is that ogre NPC that's scratching itself in an unmentionable place. Then again, to each their own, so I must respect a person's playstyle.

Here's my 2008 shoutout to everyone who's out there, and yes, I still remember the events, the people/players, the GM's, troubadours, Seers, and community that helped create UO and Sosaria. If you see me in a drunken stupor while riding some unfortunate beast (in-game), please say "Hello!" Chances are that I'll be more than happy to strike up a conversation as I'm inhaling the ol' sake. Mmmm... rice wine... Nom, nom, nom, nom!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
XEL!!!!!!

Hey there!! How's it going? Ill have to agree with you about UO being the best skill system. I have a ball making new and funny templates. I have my chars that fit the "current" template but i love messing with skills.

Hope to see you around!!

*HUGS*

G

Howdy Xel, long time no chat!

Good to see your have not changed one wit and you are still a awesome read.

You will forever give me the giggles

G

Hi Xel!!!

Good to see you drop in. And just as coherent and funny as always.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Pixie!

I was doing a rune jumping thing the other day, and it was great stopping by a neverending sake fountain. If this thing actually existed in my back-blinkin'-yard, I'd be all over that, no questions asked, in the nude, and bathing in it. Sake is love, folks. It's love... It's great seeing you, and I hope your 2008 is equally pixie-licious!

Hey, brother Nok! I stopped by the old naval base, and I ran into someone named Piccolo. He/she/it was very polite, and very neon-ish. It's good seeing the place still standing, and seeing a tDw member out and about is always reassuring. I was window browsing Lady Di'bolic's (I hope I spelled that correctly!) Needful Things vendors, and there's some kosher stuff there!

On a side note, I also checked out Sarsmi's vendors, and her humble abode kicks arse as well. One day, I'll make my place look like, I don't know, a blinkin' teletubby... AAH-OOOOOOH!

Then again, I shouldn't do the teletubby thing because I don't want to scare the fecal matter out of everyone. I think this is a wise choice.

G

I think you should build it in fel. Right next to a moongate. heh.

I

Ivan - MT

Welcome back to the formus Xel! I miss reading all them crazy posts of yours from times past.

*waits for the next one*

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*laughs*

Hail Voluptuous! I'll take you up on that proposal, and I'll build a Teletubby Fortress or TR for short. The psychological torture that would ensue... The horror... OH, THE HORROR! By the way, it's great seeing your humble abode. It's always been pretty dang NICE, and I like some of the themes that you've had throughout the years, like the "Zoo Theme". Keep up the creative and great work, and we'll have to coordinate the Teletubby Fortress over a pint of sake. Mmmm... saaaake... *drools*

Hey Gustave! Bro, I would use your runebook library, and it always blew my mind the amount of places that you had marked and available for the public, not to mention you're a member of MT. Great events and great folk, and it's an honor to catch up with you guys.

Okay folks, I'm going to enjoy this hallowed Saturday by contemplating if I should have a pint of Guinness or a pint of wine. Maybe I should combine them and have a Guinn-u-wine... Mwahah...mwahaha...MWAHAHAHA! *cough, cough* Man, I hate when that happens.

U

UOFaerr

Xel, you are one of the weirdest people I know. In some charitable way you actually make me feel normal.

One of my favorite UO people of all times.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Faerr!

I know, I know... You were looking at gummi bears, but you were really thinking of me!?
Nyuk, nyuk!

How've you been? I sincerely hope 2008 has been a good one to you and yours! Next time you see a man holding a monolithic drink with an umbrella decoration the size of a Volkswagon, and he's nude, please think of me because Nudist Beaches rule. Yes folks, they rule; however, it's like a double-edged sword... It's all fun and games until the sand goes into places where the sun doesn't shine, if you know what I mean...*hint, hint* *wink, wink*

In all seriousness, take care, have fun, and much health and happiness, to you and yours, Faerr!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoa! Great screen capture of the MT/TAA/tDw GMs all together in one shot!

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hold on, brother Nok...

I'm also in that picture; however, I'm being blotted out by a teletubby buttocks. Let me try to enlarge the area... Yeah, there I am:

I was starting to hallucinate due to the high concentration of cannibus leaf in the area! The horror... THE HORROR...

G

Greetings Xel!

I wondered if you had dropped off the face of Sosaria. I stopped by your home and the smell and the cinnamon and cloves lured me in, only to find that I could no longer enter! Imagine my surprise!

It's so good to hear from you, it seems as though ages have passed since I saw you last.

U

UOFaerr

O....

What the [censored] is the chick in your sig holding? It looks like a starving howler monkey.

G

Yay, Xel! It's Bouncing Time!

*calls in the Gummi Crew*

Live each day the Gummi Way.

Gummi Bears, bouncing here and there and everywhere.
High adventure that's beyond compare.
They are the Gummi Bears!

Good to see you again Xel!
We'll show those 'tubbies some Gummi &amp; Smurf Power!
Teach them to stand in front of you!

*starts bouncing*

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Madam O!

I had a senile moment, I swear! Please stop on by, and I'll add ya, anytime! How've you been? I still have my patented Madam O spellbooks (you're not cool if you don't have one, folks), and I've secured some of them down in my Hall o' Memories, Awesomeness, and Nudity. Good times... good times... Every Madam O spellbook also comes with a fold-out cloth poster of the Lady herself, so I've erected a shrine with the fold-out. Nothing blinkin' weird or anything, just your everyday shrine with sake, sushi, and nail clippings(!?).

In regards to Madam O's sig, I'd have to say that she's holding either holding herself or a bowl of Count Chocula cereal... It LOOKS like both, but that's just me. Mwaha...mwahahaha...MWAHAHAAHAH!!! *cough, cough* Sorry, sorry, I got caught up in the moment.

Hey, brother Terraseer! It's always good hearing from you, man. How've you been and how's 2008??? I just got back from some blinkin' place called Hawai'i, the island of Oahu... As soon as I dropped your name, everyone treated me FIRST BLINKIN' CLASS! I also had to tell the womenfolk to fetch my alcoholic beverages as opposed to being mesmorized by my association with you! WE RULE!!!

Once again, I hope everyone's 2008 is nude (use sunscreen), healthy, happy, and everything in-between! Be safe and go green! I'm wearing biodegradable undergarments made from fruit. They're somewhat like these things called Fruit Roll-ups, and they provide comfort and support where I need it. They also come in a variety of undergarment flavors like guava, apple, grape, sweat, tongue, sea salt, and sexy, to name a few. Mmm, mmm, GOOD!

G

<blockquote><hr>

O....

What the [censored] is the chick in your sig holding? It looks like a starving howler monkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know Faerr, I really don't know. I even went and looked at a bigger version of the image and I still can't figure it out.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hail Madam O!

. Good times... good times... Every Madam O spellbook also comes with a fold-out cloth poster of the Lady herself, so I've erected a shrine with the fold-out. Nothing blinkin' weird or anything, just your everyday shrine with sake, sushi, and nail clippings(!?).

[/ QUOTE ]

Those pictures were meant for your eyes only! Unless you are referring to the clothed versions.

G

Doing good brother Xel! 2008 is treating me okay.

Ah yes, ran into my band of devotee's did you? *grins* Speaking of which, I forwarded them Lady O's signature and they used their secret magic incantations to reveal the true identity of what she is holding!

Here is what they sent me:

The locals call it "The Catnipped One" and quickly cut off all communications with me, only leaving me a streaming audio of what sounds to be hissing and people screaming..

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Madam O!

What the...??? There are uncensored versions of the fabled pics in said-runebooks and/or spellbooks!? Those must be the super duper deluxe collector's edition! When I eventually have the gold (ALMS FOR THE POOR!), I'll have to purchase that from a famous mercantile store somewhere in Sosaria. Probably cost an arm and a leg, but it'll be worth it! Nyuk, nyuk!

Oh man, Terra, I was laughing my arse off when I saw the "actual image" of the infamous sig! So... Madam O is actually holding onto her *cough, cough* I'll just say "cat" other than the other, more descriptive word. That's blinkin' brilliant!

It's always good to hear from folks either in-game or here, and it's even better that you buggers are doing positively kosher! I dig that, and may the Fates continue to bless us with their Nude Guidance of Coolness. Oumm, oumm, oumm... Purple llama vortexes rule!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hail Madam O!

What the...??? There are uncensored versions of the fabled pics in said-runebooks and/or spellbooks!? Those must be the super duper deluxe collector's edition!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. I guess that wasn't YOU I gave those ones to. Silly me!

A CAT Orvago? A freaking cat! I would have expected something a bit more exotic.

Now you can Photo-shop a nice bottle of Harp in there, or a good Whiskey, perhaps a bottle of Merlot. But I'm not likely to be standing around holding a fur ball.

Now I'm having Chinese take out cravings.

G

*wipes coffee with Bailey's Irish Cream off computer screen* I'm logging onto Stratics more than UO lately. You guys are a hoot and a guaranteed laugh. Thank you! *curtsy*

G

Coffee with Bailey's is my favorite! Yumm. I don't get to have that nearly often enough.

Glad you were amused Mama Faith. Btw, I like that name. It also reminds me of the Mama's and the Papa's. Yeah, I know, I'm dating myself. But I'm not as old as that really. Just a fan of older music.

Sadly, the Stratics Baja forums are not always this amusing. It's been pretty dead here lately. I'd love it if we could brush off the cobwebs and have something to read.

I've been rather down lately. I have played Baja since late 1999, on and off, and I recall what a great shard it used to be. I've had the pleasure of knowing some legendary people, most of which have all gone on to, well, other things. What I miss most about the old days is all the great people and meeting up with them on top Brit Bank. In game and Stratics have both been sadly disappointing lately.

I'd love to see us all breathe some life back into this once great shard.

G

Lady O, I couldn't agree with you more. Btw...this is another of Mama Faith's characters.
I was speaking with a guild member last week and she had commented on how so many weren't logging onto UO because of Christmas but they didn't seem to come back afterward. I'm just giving it time and hoping that they'll miss all of us so much that they'll eventually find their way 'home'. What can I say.....I'm an optimist.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lady O, I couldn't agree with you more. Btw...this is another of Mama Faith's characters.
I was speaking with a guild member last week and she had commented on how so many weren't logging onto UO because of Christmas but they didn't seem to come back afterward. I'm just giving it time and hoping that they'll miss all of us so much that they'll eventually find their way 'home'. What can I say.....I'm an optimist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I got the same story. Christmas. Hell, I was busy too. My hobby is cooking and baking. I spent most of November and December in the kitchen. But participation never really picked back up.

My guild is pretty quiet right now. Everywhere I go in UO is quiet. Even that obnoxiously neon decked Luna bank is fairly dead. And I'm convinced the people that ARE standing around in Luna are afk working counts or just looking to see and be seen.

Really EA needs to throw us a bone here. There's really nothing to do in game anymore. We've all done a billion and twelve Peerless', most of us are scrolled out or seeking the elusive 120 magery, med, eval and swords that drop so very rarely that it's just not worth the time anymore.

ToT atleast got people active. You can never have too many eye-sore dyes! And there's some fugly items with nice properties there. But that's gone.

The Anti-virtue dungeon thing was, well fairly lame imo.

Doom was hopping for a few weeks. But that gold really old fast. Personally, I felt like some kind of rat experiment there.

We need SOMETHING to do. Someplace to go. Maybe even new rewards for stomping the old haunts would do. Something new. Something unique. Something to covet. Although honestly, I HATE anything that makes the game item based, but since they already did that a long time ago, bring on some new loot for Heaven's sake. Perhaps something not so ugly and embarrassing to be seen in.

That's my rant for now. The vacuum cleaner and The Eagles eagerly await my presence.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail All!

Here's a funky, interesting, and slightly introverted game I like to play. It's an "I Spy..." type of game, and here's how it goes...

I'll usually pull out a bottle of something alcholic in nature (usually sake, and yes, I love this stuff like foreplay) and set it aside. I'll set up a time frame, usually an hour or so, and I'll start to wander around random places: Felucca, Trammel, Malas, Luna, and whatever the blink else comes to mind. I'll mentally note a critter that I'll designate as the target. Everytime you see the target critter, take a blinkin' shot of the good stuff!!!

Speaking for myself, this enhances the Sosarian experience by a bajillion glulteous maximus-plexus, and the blinkin' great thing is that you, YES YOU, can even do this with non-alcholic beverages!
Blinkin' brilliant! Granted, it's even better with more people; the more the merrier, and hey, I once typed in something like "asdjkkkkkdjlk;jkj jmkxmcmmmmmmm" as my head was passed out on various strategic buttons on the keyboard. Aaaah, good times... good times... *gets nostalgic with a dumb smile on his face*

Where was I??? Oh yes. I haven't done everything there is to do in UO, probably never will; however, with soooo many online games out there (some of which are free), what the internet has to offer in terms of online gaming has become EXTREMELY competitive and exploded into a myriad of titles. People have played UO for "x" amount of time, then they'll test out other waters, perhaps come back, try out another game(s), and eventually they find something that suits them. It's a shame that people whom you have a great/positive vibe with never come back; however, on the other side of the coin, I'm happy that they've found something that suits them. I miss so many of my friends/comrades whom I've met throughout the years, and it's always good to hear from them, regardless of the forum.

Remember boys and girls, if you're going to drink, drink responsibly because you never know if you'll end up waking up next to a bloke named "Bubba" or "Bubbette" your head resting in a vice grip as you count the armpit hairs on your new, best buddy. Bad times... bad times...

Take care, folks!

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks!

I remember meeting with Lady Sarah and I believe, Lady Oriana one day as I was doing some random wanderings. They revealed to me a magical spring that granted me the god-like powers of a neverending sake source. *drooooools*

Folks, I love sake. I like it a lot. It's just rice wine goodness that, if I should become impotent in my physical and verbal meanderings, all one need do is give me a sake drip, and I will literally revive to 169% health. Where was I...?

OH YES! I recalled to the hallowed area from a random rune which I forgot to label. It was a very pleasant surprise and a great way to fill up on the good stuff! Thank you ladies for the kind gesture of showing me this location because I am easily amused; furthermore, I become easily more amuseable (is that a word???) especially with sake in the old system. Aaah... good times, folks. Good times!

S

shard

Nom, nom, nom.....

Xel, you ancient, dried up, mage type drunkard.....

You remind me of myself.

Real life has pretty much taken over my life as I am becoming a tiny gear in a global chemical conglomerate machine. I might have to shave every day in case I have to don a respirator, but my ponytail is intact.

Party on, dewds.

U

UOFaerr

Oh man... Well Shard, you gotta work! It will always grow back.

Xel, if you were ever cornered by someone named 'Bubba' I swear you would just have to open your mouth and talk. It would totally confuse the Bubba, thus stunning your opponent and creating the opportunity for you to take advantage of the flight or fight rush of adrenaline.

Bubba: You have a pretty mouth. I wanna hear you squeal like a piggy!

Xel: Sake! Sakeeeee!

Bubba: Huh?

Xel: I was doing a rune jumping thing the other day, and it was great stopping by a neverending sake fountain. If this thing actually existed in my back-blinkin'-yard, I'd be all over that, no questions asked, in the nude, and bathing in it. Sake is love, folks. It's love...

Bubba: *stunned silence*

Xel: *takes flight*

Don't worry Xel, your fear of being cast in Bareback Bubba will probably never become a reality. You have nothing to worry about.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Shard!

Ah man, I hear you on the real life thing. It's good hearing from you and that you're doing successful/well/healthy in life! Hey man, I'm honored that I'm a semi-reflection of yourself because the Gods know that if we ever should meet... We shall form Voltron and pretty much take over the blinkin' world! MWAHAHAHA!

Recognize this, people. Recognize.

And Faerr... I was laughing my bum off at the (very surprisingly accurate!?) portrayel of me coming into contact with the fabled 'Bubba'. Thank you much for the laugh, which is always one of the best gifts a person can give to another. Except if a person laughs too forcefully, in a public area, and they "accidently" flatulate causing a stampede of mayhem and confusion as people are trying their best either to ignore the flatulent, blame it on other people, or just simply getting the heck out of the flatulent bomb radius. Folks, I've been in this situation before in which someone passed gas in a blinkin' elevator of all places, and it was one of those silent but violent ones. Imagine, if you will, being encapsulated in an elevator, approximately ten bodies squished together... and then it happens...

The blinkin' smell... then the realization... then the impending doom...

Person A looks at person B, person B looks at C, person C is pinching their nostrils, and so on and so forth... No one blinkin' knew it was coming; it was just THERE. I don't know what the offender ate the night before, but holy blinkin' heck, I pity their significant other who has to live with that person's flatulence every single day of their life. It was that blinkin' bad.

Needless to say, I got the heck off the next floor (even though it wasn't my floor) because I couldn't see due to the tears accumulating in my eyes because of the highly volatile and ripe smell of said-flatulent.

Yes folks, I realize that flatulating is a natural process; however, that doesn't mean I'm going to sit in the tangible forcefield of fart that could potentially cause a hazmat/OSHA violation of cataclysmic and epic proporations. I do respect a person's right to flatulate in public and/or private.

Take care, all! Remember, only you can prevent tight, closed-space flatulent stampedes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Recognize this, people. Recognize.

[/ QUOTE ]I recognize this... it's the average character template since AoS.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey I own one of those!!! He's spiffier though and in his box. As for the AoS templates yeah I probably own a few of those too.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow!

I've been through a ton of templates, and man, if I ever go Voltron on everyone, I'd just go up to random people and say, "Have you seen Pidge and Hunk? I can't find Princess Alura or Keith either... Oh, and Sven is probably doing the nasty with the Witch that helps fortify Row-beasts (spelling???)..."

That would sincerely rock from all the "What the (censored)!?" responses. I think I'll do it.

Hail Oriana! There's a Voltron that had six, count'em, SIX blinkin' arms, I believe. If I had six arms, I'd have to have a mandatory harem of sorts. I mean, COME ON... SIX ARMS!? I'd never leave the blinkin' house!!! *dreams of provocative coolness*

I'm going to recall to the sake fountain of neverending alcoholic fortification because I'm shameless and cool like that! D'OH!