Fire Steeds

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
K

Kayne

I know these are hugely underused in game but I decided I didn't have them and wanted to try the pack instinct of having two of them together.

I don't know how good the pet calculator is but the two I managed to tame came out as 2.2 and 2.3 respectively.

My question is what sort of stats should I be looking for? (happy to post the stats of the two Ive got)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
I went for top resists, high hits, dex and good magic resist skill when I had mine.

I always aimed for max poison resist, not that it amounts to much, but they can't cure themselves so everything helps there :D

Wenchy

K

Kayne

Thanks Wenchkin. I've tamed 3 so far and 3rd one had better resists than the others, so going to keep trying to get better ones

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 12, 2005
Awards
Atlantic born and raised
I tried Fire Steeds a while back and went along the same lines in finding keepers. The pack bonus is good, but found Frenzieds to be a better alternative. Maybe they will buff up the Steeds some in the future. It would be good to see them back in game play more. Then again I also used to like running around with 5 Giant Ice Worms on my Necro-Tamer, so I may not be the best judge. No pack bonus there, but it looks like one critter until you hit all kill, evil omen and watch their poison kick in :D

K

Kayne

Lol Kylie, necro-tamer FTW. I used to love running around with two bakes was somewhat fun seeing them leap in to attack. Ice worms sounds like fun though.

E

elspeth

I remember suggesting a long time ago that we needed the other elemental steeds added to game that share pack instinct with firesteeds.

Water/ice steed (cold dmg & resists)
Earth steed (phys dmg & resists)
Air steed (energy dmg & resists)

then you could mix and match em to better effect against big monsters.