• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] "Fire Ingots" - Orange Colored Ingots (Great Lakes)

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Selling some "Fire Ingots", or so what someone called them. Some orange type iron ingots.

I dunno if they are rare, so insight might be useful..

Pic below:

Matty O No

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ahh my next question was going to be if anyone knew the history ty for that info, sty not interested

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, an exploit although not from melted down ranger armor. Those are the green ingots and that was fixed a very, very long time ago. There are a number of items that orange color from the exploit so don't buy anything that color. Off the top of my head stuff like bottles, coins, etc.

Oh, please don't volunteer how to do an exploit or how it was done, we don't need more popping up if it still is working. :grouphug:

Exploit_SX

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, an exploit although not from melted down ranger armor. Those are the green ingots and that was fixed a very, very long time ago. There are a number of items that orange color from the exploit so don't buy anything that color. Off the top of my head stuff like bottles, coins, etc.

Oh, please don't volunteer how to do an exploit or how it was done, we don't need more popping up if it still is working. :grouphug:
Just because something is created by an exploit doesn't mean it's worthless. I enjoy collecting all old school items including items made from bugs, and exploit's. I understand that they don't allow those type of item's to be sold on these forums. However, I don't understand why. They allow people to sell items trapped inside boxes on these forums which were created from an exploit, so I don't see why selling these fire ingots would be a problem. But hey this is just my opinion...

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some past exploits are allowed... I could name quite a few that folks are allowed to sell here. Ranger ingots, sigil hued items, tree ornament jewelry, etc.

The key things in determining whether a past exploit item is allowed by the powers that be are:
  • How long ago it was fixed.
  • How damaging it was to the community and the rares in existence.
  • EA's stance on it.
  • Whether items can be easily confused with true/current rares.
Items from current exploits are never acceptable.

That's how I see it as a moderator. If you would like to petition for something to be allowed, you can always present your argument via email to the admins and they'll review it. Hope that helps answer some of your questions.

Exploit_SX

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some past exploits are allowed... I could name quite a few that folks are allowed to sell here. Ranger ingots, sigil hued items, tree ornament jewelry, etc.

The key things in determining whether a past exploit item is allowed by the powers that be are:
  • How long ago it was fixed.
  • How damaging it was to the community and the rares in existence.
  • EA's stance on it.
  • Whether items can be easily confused with true/current rares.
Items from current exploits are never acceptable.

That's how I see it as a moderator. If you would like to petition for something to be allowed, you can always present your argument via email to the admins and they'll review it. Hope that helps answer some of your questions.
99% of the items created by a bug or exploit were not damaging to the community or the rares in existence. If EA considers the item to be legal then it should be allowed to be sold here. But again, this is only my opinion on the matter.