• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fire Demons

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is that move they have that takes 50+ hit points and stamina from you?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I assumed it was a fire breath attack, similar to a greater dragon.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for replying gentlemen, I've not seen anyone offer a counter to this attack. I get round it by chugging pots, spamming confidence and mashing my heal macro but it still seems they are a lot tougher than the lava eles they spawn with.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Occasionally, I can feint just in time to half their damage. More often, they time their fire breath to hit precisely when I'm low on health.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i just use my all purpose Ornate axe. Basic axe, ssi, stam manna leech, has hit lower attack 34. 20% of each damage type. And i use a flame slayer tally.

I switch between evasion and confidence, keep counter attack up at all times can manage a few at once using momentum strike. No pots or apples or stuff. One at a time is a piece of cake.

These were a real pain until i tried the ornate, maybe becuase the high damage accounts for when the random 50 damage point hits.

S

Sevin0oo0

I know when they first came out, a Flame Slayer tally did nothing, anything change?

and if OP uses a soulseeker or undead tally, damage goes up another 20-25pts. Seems old-school skills just don't cut-it here, nor on the forgotten servants either.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Repond and undead are opposite demon?

B

Beer_Cayse

Actually I think Fey is direct opposite of Abyss (Demon, etc), however the fact a non-class slayer is used will cause double damage HP damage.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it was elemental and demon that were opposed.

I use a flame slayer tally when doing spawn containing Fire Demons with a non-slayer weapon so that's not the reason for taking such high damage. Flame slayer doesn't work on the demons but works on some of the other stuff. I can kill these things, it just takes a while and I find myself getting the fairy dragons to help out if I am over that side of the abyss.

I guess the old fashioned warrior is a tough gig these days.