• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Finding REG'S

B

Banner

Ok folks I'm tired of killing monsters and minning so i was thinking of going reg hunting.. I was going to the trisnic moon gate and was getting alot there. But if anyone could tell me of a better place to go that would be super cool?? :confused:

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In New Haven the wraith like monsters think there called
Spectral '?Something?' have 10x of a single reg on each corpse and being New Haven they are very easy to kill

L

Locker

Just wondering but are there any use for reagents besides casting spells? I'm just asking because until recently, I was reagent hunting constantly as well. Then I built myself a 100% reagent reduction suit and now I can cast without any reagents at all.. MARVELOUS!

- Locker

B

Banner

Yes there is still a need for them.. I guess?? not as much as there used to be. I to have a 100% reg free suit of armor too but i think its still a good ideal to have Reg's handy.... I dont know i still like to hold on to some of the old ways.. and besides I might make a mage and then I might need them. Unless we don't need them for training anymore??? Man some time i feel so lost:loser:

L

Luna du Selene

Reagents are still needed to craft potions and magery scrolls. :)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As well as people like me who have amazing benifits on a suit, but can only fit 84% LRC while keeping the all 60+ resists, 12 MR, FC2, FCR5, 30 DCI (or 9 MR and 45 DCI, depending on the situation), 40%LMC, 60% SDI etc.

G

GFY

I like to go to Fell city's and buy regs from faction vendors for 2 or 3 gp. I then sell them on my vendors in Tram for 4 and 6 gp.

You just need to "buy up" the faction vendors. Every time the regs respawn there is twice as many regs on the vendor as before, up to a max of 999.

NPC vendors in Tram work the same way buy their prices are higher.

N

Nenime

Ok folks I'm tired of killing monsters and minning so i was thinking of going reg hunting.. I was going to the trisnic moon gate and was getting alot there. But if anyone could tell me of a better place to go that would be super cool?? :confused:
Have you thought about raising a Treasure Hunter? You get many regs this way and lots of fun too. A great feature of UO! :thumbsup:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One gets a bag of 30 of each mage reg from doing the Hag Quest (witch's apprentice). You also get a t-map, that you can get even MORE regs from.

If one wants to venture to Khaldun, about half the time, the puzzle boxes hive a bag of 50 of each as loot.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea people dont realize that there is still a reasonably high demand for regs due to pots and scrolls ect! :thumbsup:
reasonably high? i can't keep my vendors stocked!
Time to raise your prices, let the market sort it out. I run a vendor with Smith BOD rewards and it took me a week or so to settle on prices I could keep up with. I can now keep a constant supply fo Powder, Copper and Bronze runic hammers and I cycle thru higher end rewards (ie. Gold or Aggy hammers, +20 smith scrolls)