• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Finally stole something decent

Z

Zombie13

Well I havent played UO in years, just got back, made a theif becuase i had the most fun with them when i was younger.

Sucks that everything is insured and blessed nowdays but I finally found luck at the Fel Yew gate.

After missing out on two 110 power scrolls in 1 bag, It raised my awareness alittle.

Yea I know they are not worth much but to me after seeing so many valuable things people wearing that i cant steal like I used to be able to back in the day.

Then a Nice guy on a Ethy parks next to me in stealth only to Reveal a burglar's bandana, unblessed uninsured.

I got that adrenaline rush like i used to when i played, I quickly grabbed it...Success.

I start to run off screen as I morph into a speeding fast llama...then...then...my client crashes...

But not all was lost for when i logged in I was alive, i stealthed and enjoyed my new peice of equipment.
(they are only worth about 100k on my server but was fun :)

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grats! I know people knock the siege thieves for stealing tiny things. But i believe people are starting to loose the idea of what a thief really is. Most (assuming im still correct) arent really stealing for the gold or the items. They are stealing for the thrill of the chase or the story to tell! I personaly would rather read about a thief who had the time of his life stealing something you could buy off a npc vendor for 5 gold then a thief who just stole a gazillion gold worth item but wasnt chased or anything. To me after the trammel nonsense and insurance/blessing thieves got super nerfed. So to see all you out there still enjoying the templates and skill, makes me overly excited.

Enjoy the thrill you had in the past. Create your own fun! Thats what makes UO the game we still love and enjoy.

Z

Zombie13

Very true, I actually got alot of gold and valuable rares already from not stealing, so its definitely just for the rush.
I know most people knock theives for stealing small things now too, but if it were the was it was 12+ years ago they wouldnt be nocking theives for stealing their shatter potions, they'll be crying to a GM begging to get their only castle key back lol.
I was just very happy to see that they didnt completely destroy the theif class. Its just not very profitable no more, takes a very long time to get something good and it may never happen anyway.
In the end theif classes are just for having fun, even if it usually is at someone elses expense

Thanks for commenting Czarina

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very true, I actually got alot of gold and valuable rares already from not stealing, so its definitely just for the rush.
I know most people knock theives for stealing small things now too, but if it were the was it was 12+ years ago they wouldnt be nocking theives for stealing their shatter potions, they'll be crying to a GM begging to get their only castle key back lol.
I was just very happy to see that they didnt completely destroy the theif class. Its just not very profitable no more, takes a very long time to get something good and it may never happen anyway.
In the end theif classes are just for having fun, even if it usually is at someone elses expense

Thanks for commenting Czarina

mmmmmm.... I before E except after C.

THIEF THIEVES THIEVERY.

Please See Rule XI of The Code.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Precisely! Sieze upon this spelling rule, it carries great wieght. Fiegn not, and you will reach the hieght of slieght. It may seem wierd, but do not forfiet. It may seem foriegn, but allow it to riegn in. Before you, my nieghborly pickpockets, venture out to your marks to relieve their frieght... just count to ieght, and remember this most simple of spelling rules.

Damn...I was bored... :lick: