• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Finally pulled a 2 slot Reptalon

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May regret later not putting AI on him but hoping he does more chiving and his breath hits pretty hard .

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May regret later not putting AI on him but hoping he does more chiving and his breath hits pretty hard .

I always put AI. That one will be a good killer. Lots of points. I need to find 1.

Please Dont

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks good i like it. I have been leaving stam regen off a lot of my critters but might have to throw a few points on for some of the harder hitting mobs

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks nice. I havent been able to find one yet. You may also regret not maxing its base damage.
Wanted 900+ hp and regens on this one so gave up a few things like spec moves and base damage he still delivers respectable damage. Was shooting for more defensive tank than big hit damage dealer, but still enough mojo to finish a fight.

Rhafiki

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
From what I have seen, breath is a melee attack and is modified by consecrate weapon. My fire steed has both and if he cast CW and then breathes, it will hit for 200+ on navery.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I have seen, breath is a melee attack and is modified by consecrate weapon. My fire steed has both and if he cast CW and then breathes, it will hit for 200+ on navery.
And the higher the HP the more damage on the breaths.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Looking good my friend.. I just finished testing a Chiv hiryu... if this beasty is anything like it.. its going to blow things away... =^-^=

Turbo

Adventurer
So if grasping claw reduces the target's phys resist doesn't that make it almost useless and a waste of mana as soon as you put chiv on? With the pet keeping consecrate up most of the time that means it will most likely be doing anything other than physical damage anyway making the reduction in phys resist pointless.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so does putting all the 20 scrolls on a pet make that big of a difference?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking good my friend.. I just finished testing a Chiv hiryu... if this beasty is anything like it.. its going to blow things away... =^-^=
I built one Chiv Hiryu a and was impressed with it, I believe I put bladweave on it to add Bushi and scrolled bushi and parry on it and it got the bushi/parry max bonus and took forever for bushi to train using BW. I snagged another 2 slot reptalon last night and am going to do the BW/Bushi/Parry on it as well as chiv. Reptalons are nearly impossible to make good build on a 3 slot and still a struggle on a 2 slot. From day one though I never understood why they make them such a awsome critter pre tame and absolutely horrible post tame. That being said despite no spec moves and not maxing base damage he delivers A Lot of damage.

So if grasping claw reduces the target's phys resist doesn't that make it almost useless and a waste of mana as soon as you put chiv on? With the pet keeping consecrate up most of the time that means it will most likely be doing anything other than physical damage anyway making the reduction in phys resist pointless.
You are correct Grasping Claw is best left for non Chiv 100% phys critters. I have found Chiv pets to be best for pets that will be fighting individual bosses or mobs that are all the same due the EOO which will get a pet in trouble fast in mixed mobs.

so does putting all the 20 scrolls on a pet make that big of a difference?
Yes and No it really depends on the pets purpose. I build a lot of pets with out scrolling them and other pets I totally scroll out. A unscrolled pet with more points put into regens, HP, Mana, etc is just as effective for general use as a pet with 200 mil + worth of scrolls in it. On the other hand if you are going to be fighting bosses particularly harder bosses the pets need every advantage they can get and really individually built to the specific boss or a couple of bosses. This Reptalon is built primarily for killing 2-3 things one of which is Miasma and when farming Miasma you want to kill them as fast as possible. This one does as well as my sampire even without the skills trained up. The couple of other things I will hunt with him are also very weak against energy damage, But I want the HCI/DI the scrolls bump him with, 120 chiv increase the holy light damage, the heals, and the poison removal. 120 parry on a non bushi only give a few % parry bonus but in this case I want those few % normally Would not have burned a parry scroll on a non chiv pet.

One general purpose pet I went all out on is my 2 slot mare simply because I am going to use her a lot and she is more than capable of going up against a lot of things solo and the the bigger things in a small group with a tank covering for her. She is to say the least a very expensive indulgence. Without scrolling her I could have went considerably higher HP and mana and she would have still been a very effective ride. And more tanky and durable solo but put a bushi Hiryu in front of this mare and you have a combo of pets that can smoke just about anything fast.

One thing folks seem to forget is very few pets are suitable for scrolling out. If you put 200mil worth of scrolls on a average pet it is still going to be a average pet because you had to sacrifice too many points in other areas to scroll it. Where as the same pet unscrolled would have been a very good pet. Hiryus for example I will not put a scroll on a Hiryu unless it meets some basic things, high HP 545-550, 700-710 natural str, and 68Phys and 88-90 fire resist. HP and STR are expensive to add and SO are Wrestling and Tactics 120s (400 Points for just those 2) On a top Hiryu yes scrolling it all the way out is a huge advantage and you still have points to take that 545-550 hp up into the 700-800 range which is more than enough HP for a critter that regens HP fast and defelcts 40% of the damage coming in and regularly cast confidence. Other things you just plain want a 120 scroll is if you put Spell weaving on a critter, if you are going to put SW on do so with the intent of putting a 120 on the difference between a 100 WOD and a 120 WOD is considerable. 120 med and focus greatly benefit all naturally slow mana regen critters there are some critters that without 30MR and 120 med and focus that once their intial mana dump is used they are done.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I have a beetle named "Help I'm Dead".

Of course you don't see the beetle's name when I'm sitting on it. You only see after something kills me.

Sent from mTalk

Tatos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I was thinking of adding Poison Breath on my 2-slot reptalon (and Chivalry). Is Armor Ignore the much better choice?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
this may be a dumb question (im new to the new training)

how did you get detect hidden removed? They seem to be on all of my pets
It seems pointless to remove detect hidden, and also a waste of time. Some pets have it high others not so high. It does not seem to cause any issues either way? There is another string of pointless conversation on detect hidden but its a waste of your time anyway...