• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Final Farewell From the Gypsy

• Thread starter Gypsy Keja Mimi
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

Gypsy Keja Mimi

"The gypsy pulled her shawl more tightly around her shoulders and coughed shallowly. Despite the intense heat from the summer she was often cold. She shivered with the chill of the air around her and hoped that she didnt have a fever yet again.

Habitually she moved her hand to brush her hair back from her face and met only the damp coolness of her skin and the soft material of her shawl. It would never matter how long her hair was gone, she would never lose the habits of a lifetime. She could still remember the weight of her long red hair, could still remember how it felt tickling against her cheek or brushing against her shoulders as she moved. She could remember the feel of it curtaining her face as she bent forward to write. She missed her hair most of all.

The healers could do little more against this horrible wasting sickness and she knew she had to write at last what she most dreaded for those who waited faithfully for word from her...."

I would like to thank so many of you for being such a large part of my life for so long. I have held on to UO for far longer than I probably should have, hoping one day to be able to return but that day will never become a reality. Financially as well as physically I can no longer continue to hold on to UO, and I want to take care of things before my familly would have to worry about what to do and how to do it.

I would like to thanks Stratics for, first of all, allowing me to become a reporter for their fine site. My times as a reporter for Stratics are among my most treasured memories of UO. It also allowed me to meet and become true friends with so many of the community. I thank Stratics for holding my position of reporter for me on leave of absence status for so long. I truly wished to return and I tried very hard to beat this cancer so that I could return. To my fellow reporters thank you for your support and well wishes always during this time. I know you will all continue to do a great job, and I regret that I will never be able to rejoin you.

I would also like to send my love and thanks to my guild KVP. During the first part of my treatment last year I missed the SE expansion and you all were so sweet gathering things for me so I wouldnt miss them. I have seen very little of SE and even less to nothing of ML and I am so sorry that I was unable to spend any time with all of you during these expansions. I read of your hunts and I do keep up with what is going on in KVP, and I truly miss you all. I love you all and you are all in my hearts and thoughts always.

I would also like to thank and send my love to the members of YAD. My time in YAD was wonderful and I enjoyed factions much more than I ever believed possible. My faction articles were my biggest claim to fame and you all made that possible. That true fighting spirit is what I call on when things get the hardest for me while fighting this illness.

So many other friends, so many other memories. Lavendar, my very first best friend on the shard as well as being an amazing real life friend. The gifts and support have meant so much. More than you will ever know. I hope your own health continues to improve and you have all the best both UO and real life have to offer. I love you more than I can ever tell you.

I would like to thank Queen Mum for her support and help. Taking care of the accounts would be a nightmare if not for her help. Also I would like to thank her for taking my stories from my website and adding them to a message board for me. I had always meant to build my own website but when I knew the cancer was incurable I knew it wasnt practical. More than losing my life it bothered me to lose those pieces of me that I wrote. Thank you Mum for placing them on that website for me and giving me peace that they at least will live on. No one may ever see them or want to read them, but it gives me peace to have them still exist somewhere in the hopes that those pieces of my soul will live on. http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=84547&TabID=727729

So many other people close to my heart I know if I start naming names I will leave people out and hurt feelings but those of you who I love and who have been close and important to me, you know who you are. I love you all and you have meant more in my life than you could ever know. So many memories, great guilds, great events, my life has been full and happy and fun.

The last of my accounts will be stripped and all things given away. Thank you to the people who have offered to help me and who have already helped me with some of it. I will leave only one account open, in case there is an event in the near future I might feel like attending.

Now I know there are those out there wondering the details of everthing so for those people you can keep reading. For those who dont want to know you can quit now the important stuff is at the top.... this part will keep me from having to answer a dozen PMs to find out what is going on.

As most of you know last year I was treated for cervical cancer but since I had had a hysterectomy it had gone to the scar. I had chemo, radiation and surgery (not for the cancer but for a football sized cyst in my abdomen in the way of radiation). The treatment seemed very effective and by June there was no sign of the cancer.

In November they repeated tests to check the cancer was still gone, and ordered a pelvic and abdominal CT. My chemo doctor threw in a chest CT last minute to just have the whole thing done. They found 3 tiny tumors, one in each lung and one by my heart. We waited for a few months for them to get big enough to diagnose, I had a PET scan February and the diagnoses was confirmed. I began chemo again in June. They had delayed treatment because at that point the cancer was incurable and the treatment would make me very sick. They wanted to let me have as long as I could feeling as good as I could.

After they checked the tumors a few weeks ago, it was found that the tumors have stopped growing or are growing so slow they cant be seen growing, but the cancer has moved into the top of my left arm bone. They wanted to change the type of chemo I was receiving but the research showed that the drug they wanted to use they can not use. The original radiation did so much damage to me that if they were to use this new drug, I would most likely die from side effects. They have no choice but to continue with the chemo I am already having, and hopefully it will keep the cancer growing slow enough that I will have a while longer. These drugs however are known to only extend your life for a few more months than normal, and its my understanding that they fail eventually. I am having the bone tumor radiated and they are checking my other bones for tumors as well. So far I have no pain from it and I feel fortunate for that and that they found it quickly.

So I am not done fighting it as best I can, but the reality is this will kill me, its only a matter now of how fast. I still keep holding out for a miracle or a new hope in treatment. I have the very best doctors working for me and I have complete faith that they are doing their very best for me. Something could always come along to give me at least a little more time. Right now they havent given me an actual timeline and I dont want one. I shall be here as long as I have the upper hand. Right now I do.

The chemo makes me very sick and tired. The side effects are miserable, but they could be much worse. Right now I have little symptoms from the actual cancer. As long as these drugs continue to slow it down and I dont feel too bad I should be okay. They do, however, have to break the chemo schedule to radiate the arm bone. That is scary for me, as in that time of trying to get rid of the bone tumor, the lung tumors and tumor near my heart could take off growing again. So I have to just trust God to keep that in check for me. Of the two, I am more afraid of the pain of the bone cancer than the other tumors. I didnt realize the reason bone cancer hurts so much is because it breaks your bones from the inside. I would rather get rid of the bone tumor if I can and take my chances with the other tumors.

All of this information has led me to the conclusion that getting my things in order at this point is a very wise decision. So that is why I am posting this now. In case something happens and we really dont have all that long.

So that is where I am for those who wished to know.

Much Love, Happiness, Fortune and all good things to all of you!
Gypsy Keja Mimi, Retired Stratics Reporter
Kimmie

D

Dor of Sonoma

Damn it.

*hugs fiercely*

Unhappily, I dunno what else to say right now.

G

Ohh My... Jade you are one of the funnest and best memories I have in my existance in this UO world. I love you and miss you in UO Sonoma. I see you on ICQ now and then. Now I know I should of said hihi! The times in OTE and KVP especially when you would take us on the most fun exploratory hunts in Illish. Gosh darn it, that was soo much fun!!!

Our conversations about how to build KVP, and how to mess up Lav's house while she was away. Your wonderful house south of Minoc, where I killed Bob, your pet mongbat! He will always has a place of honor at the ol' KVP Malas GH. Which you spent during the AOS publish I think 30+ hours trying to place for me while I was at work, TY. I still use the KVP Tanis tag you made for me, showing Tanis getting an oil change on his swampie at the El' Rens Garage.

You are more than special to me and many in Sonoma. I wish the best and a magic cure for you like...BAM, Now Darnit! Back to how life was then, our memories and the longing to log in and be with friends. I have forever memories of wanting to get home and log in to be with you friends than any time of wanting to do anything else in those days.

I miss you Jade as all of KVP, and any others you have touched with your charm, wisdom, and humor. Love, hugs, and any more I can do.

I

imported_poserpete

Though i do not know you i pray for you and hope they find a cure that will help.

G

Thank you for brightening our world and may God bless and keep you.

Judi

K

Kimi_Mori

Our prayers are always with you kimmie, you are a true legend and will be missed by us all. I can only hope that God hears ours prayers and cures you of this and allows you to return to us. I shall always remember our first meeting and the fun we had with the hunts in OTE. Just remember kimmie we all love you! *A big hug*

M

Miri

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers..God bless you

C

Calell

I don't know what to say...
You kept Calell alive for me in spirit and in story, made it possible for me to write again and participate a little when I was able...I am truly fortunate to know you and call you friend. My time as a reporter with everyone was the best time of my uo 'career' and I will never forget that, as I'll never forget you. You know if there's any way possible, you'll be dealing with a crazy redhead sometime soon

We love you Kimmie, and we remember. *hugs*

--Chis

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i can remember playing in factions and hearing your voice on the TS and thinking to myself.... we really need to start checking ID, cause these 12 year old girls are just TOO young to be playing with us old farts.
and then to have to eat crow when i found out you where the same age as me.

i loved the stories you did about us all in factions when we were flailing around and haveing a hoot.

the fun times we had roaming around when the sigs where safelly tucked away as well.

working where i do, i get to see what CA can do to people allmost on a dially basis, and i think that anyone who can soldier on sick with it is a stroger person then i will ever be. i would take the quick way out if i were ever to get CA. But remembering you from when we use to play, i can see why your fighting on.

i miss the old days.
i miss the old gang.

i hope you can find some sunshine and fun to make you smile, and ya never know what will happen in the future.

Poo
(or for the old YAD crew, Reggie/Silk)

G

I am devestated to hear about your health, and you will be in my thoughts.

Fight the good fight, girl.

L

LoveSpirit

My thoughts are with you as you embark on this journey. Much love to you.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So much Talent. So much personality. So much to love. And oh how you can write!! Your "Farewell" is both a masterpiece in writing and a brave performance. You are a masterpiece!

But... I won't say farewell. I pray for lengthy remissions and a cure. It's time Cancer was licked! It's 2006. Here's looking forward to your good days and hoping they are many, with many hours of energy and quality time so you can come on line and enjoy! I hope too you'll keep writing. So please don't give all away yet. Miracles do happen:

You were born the year Man first walked on the moon!

Love
jade

I

imported_TorAnn

Kim you are one of my dearest friends...in game and real life. You had helped me through so much...with out you I'm sure I'd be in a nut house by now. Your phone calls and ICQs always brightened my day. You are one of the toughest women I know. You have always had the best outlook even when the sky was very very dark. Love you kim....and I know you still have alot of fight left in you!

A

Arlene

This is quite wierd, I was actually thinking about you the other day. I don't know if you remember or not, but I had to go through the chemo and radiation and all kind of tests and scans too. It certainly was no fun at all, after experiencing that myself I wish that no one else would have to go through that too. Then I heard about you and also Lav, and I was so sad for you. Why does this have to happen... I wish there would be some miracle cure. I remember the side effects I had from treatment, I always said that I was much happier BEFORE I started having the chemo! Being treated seemed much worse than just having the cancer! Well before I babble on too much... I just want to let you know that we are all here for you, and will be praying for you! I know somewhat of what you are going through, if you want to chat I am around! I just wish that when I see your name on my ICQ list, that I would have just said Hi more often! Shame on me!

B

Betty Crocker

Aka Vera Moon Glow of KVP and Lady Arwen of FH

I am truly sorry to hear about this. If you ever need to talk please feel free to ICQ me. I was a dear friend of Jade and we talked alot in our times of need. I will pray for you, I am living proof that prayer works, surviving a brain tumor, radiation and brain cancer. Nothing is impossible for our Father to fix. Never give up on yourself M'Lady, I won't give up on you!

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Such a sad thing. Wish you the best. Miracles "DO" happen. Keep your hopes up and dont let anyone tell you differently.

I think I only met you once in game, but that time left an impression. Was at Happy hour at the skyview a long while back. You were there getting the evening report and telling fortunes. I think you told me mine. Dun remember what it was though. I do remember you though. Peace be with you.

S

Shawnsa

I can't claim to know you as well as some here. But I remember you being umong those who welcomed me when I first hooked up with Lavendar and KVP to try and get our 2 guilds together for fun.

I remember you coming to YAD too. lol shy and uncertain at first. We fixed that real quick though didnt we?

and your reports were just the shot in the arm YAD needed to do what we had set out to do.

and since I sometimes dabble in trying to write stories that are not complete drivel I enjoyed reading what you wrote.

Do not go softly Lady, Fight with all that is in you. You have the love and support of a lot of fine people here. I humbly add myself to that list.

Go with love Lady, wherever your path takes you.

G

Goldie Broker

Kimmie,

I wish you all the best. I had fun being in YAD with you as well as our talks and jokes on ICQ over the years. Even though we haven't talked lately, whever I see your name pop up on ICQ I smile. I will always remember you as the fun and loving person you are..

I know you wil probably not see Immy post here. You already know that he loves you with all his heart. You are a very special and dear friend to him as I know he is to you as well.. You have always been a bright light in his dreary day..

I love you Kimmie and take care!

B

BreeOge

Hang in there; you will be in my prayers.

My mother has cancer as well, and they gave her 6 months to live back in 2003. She is still kicking and doing lots better than the day she was told about it. It is in her breast, Liver, Bones, and Brain. But I was able to get her talked into going to the Cancer Treatment Centers of America. The Cancer treatment centers of America did wonders for my mother. She is not in the clear, but she can still do anything she wants to this day. If you haven’t tried it, you might want to give them a call, they do wonders.