• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Final Fantasy11

A

Art87

I was wondering if final fantasy11 for the xbox 360 is worth buying?Also,how much people are on it currently?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are many 360 players. And of course I think it's worth it, but I may be a bit biased. ;)

It is 2:00 AM Sunday morning, and on my server there are 3041 online. Not bad, if you ask me.

J

jamison

This is the only MMO that you can play on the PC, Xbox 360 and PC. It's very popular and has fairly regular expansion releases.

If you're a Final Fantasy fan, you've got to try this game!

K

Kallios

some people actually argue about the gra^phical issue of FFXI on 360 ( since its Kinda old ) but I hear SE might go to Improve the graphic Not sure if its true but let's hope for it

O

Onewing

If anything, there'd be graphical issues on the ps2. I haven't played on the 360, but from what I hear from those who have started playing on the xbox, they haven't noticed any major issues.

I wish I had it for the xbox rather than the pc. Than, I could have achievements that proved I played the game and keep them with my profile.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think what Kallios meant is that by 360 standards the graphics are a bit lacking. I'm not sure if it's true or not, my hubby plays on a 52" widescreen TV via 360. I never thought his picture looked good. And now that I'm playing on the 360 and the kid on a PS2 I still think his picture looks bad compared to ours. So it's probably either the huge picture or the way he has it set up. Considering the game is 6 years old, I think it looks marvelous.

T

tanls

I think what he was talking about was that the graphics for FFXI still has the same resolution as the original PS2 version, regardless of the media. It's a complaint for 360 players because 360 has more advanced graphics capability to include HD. PPL get spoiled playing HD quality games and then have to drop down to low resolution for FFXI. The graphics were good for 6/7 years ago, but is way behind the times now. They could have improved the graphics and still allowed an option for lower res for PS2 users. They just choose not to is all. I guess they don't want to have to go back an re-draw everything. Though why they couldn't do it in increments I don't know. Like the graphics changes for some of the equipment they've done, etc.