• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Figuring max Damage easier?

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just wondering is there a way to figure max damage you can obtain from a weapons base damage using a simple multiplication factor. Such as lets say with my bladed staff the base damage is 14 to 17 and I am at this time maxing out to around 189 damage.
Going to change things around some due to adding a really nice bracelet to my warrior.
I might be able to add another skill or add more skill points to what I already have since the bracelet has +30 skill points on it already.

So what has been the max output you have achieved using this weapon so far and is there a way to do a simple multiplication of the base damage to know if your maxed out already?

So if your top end base damage is 17 and you could by 12 then 204 would be your max? This is using AI special move etc.
Hope this is not to confusing thank you for your input.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't know how to accurately do that calculation. But I do know that if you are fully suited and have your weapon equipped the max damage is 3 times your highest weapon damage on your char status window.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok thx yeah I knew about that and since my high end was 63 on my bladed staff it maxed out at 189. I guess I can test increasing anatomy from 90 to 120 and see if I get much of an increase.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
On my 120 swords/120 tactics/120 anatomy warrior with 100 DI, I can hit up to 201 with bladed staff AIs, so yeah, there is an increase.
Edit:
When equipped, the bladed staff shows me a damage range of 55-67.
I have 143 STR on that character, but even with 150 str, the damage range remains 55-67.

Last edited:

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok great that's what I was wondering if the base would increase or not, also interesting that the reduced str did not reduce base on the weapon. Thank you so its possible that if u added lumberjack skill the base could go even higher then and be at like 215 or something for possible max hitting. I am assuming adding like a property elemental onto the weapon will not increase the damage output more to the mob due to already reaching the 300 cap. Thoughts?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Lumberjack only affects axes damages, though. It wouldn't help with the bladed staff damage.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
In general case you can get 296.25 DI with a weapon. This means Base Character Damage may be 4x of the weapon damage ([4x - 1] to be accurate).

For example, with a bladed staff:
weapon damage 14-17
character base damage 55-67 (14*4 - 1 = 56 - 1 = 55; 17 * 4 - 1 = 68 - 1 = 67)

You can calculate how much STR you must have to get such damage.
For example, with a bladed staff:
143-150 STR: 55-67
139-142 STR: 55-66
124-138 STR: 54-66
For another weapon you get another boundaries.

Final damage with AI may be up to 3x of the character base damage.
For example, for a bladed staff you can do 165-201 final damage.

GM Lumberjacking gives you 30/100 DI (sometimes 30 and sometimes 100 - randomly).
For example, with a double axe:
weapon damage 15-18
character base damage (normal) 63-76
character base damage (critical hit) 74-89
So you can do 189-267 damage before resists.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Si if I use a hatchet and add lumberjack skill would that add to the cap of doing more damage. This weapon had AI so that could do more damage then a bladed staff then, even though the base damage is less to start with.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Yes but probably you will need go without parrying.
I don't know exactly chance of a critical hit but you can count that lamberjacking gives you about 40 DI = about 10% to your final damage. There is a drawback - you can't reforge HML on tinker's weapon (IIRC you can imbue 68 HML). From the other side you need just 5 SSI to get 1.25s with 150 stamina.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the info I was able to re forge a hatchet using a copper runic hammer and was able to get up to either 96% HML or HLL as the max on a hatchet using a tinkered made hatchet. I went out and tried the new weapon with lumberjack skill at around 70 and the max damage was 186 and di not see any critical hits landed for a bonus of damage. Perhaps you need to be at GM lumberjacking skill to have a chance for a critical hit to land. I will test this more as I have the time, but at this point adding the lumberjack skill seems like little benefit to use.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, you need GM lumberjacking to score a critical hit with an ax.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thank you for the info I was able to re forge a hatchet using a copper runic hammer and was able to get up to either 96% HML or HLL as the max on a hatchet using a tinkered made hatchet. I went out and tried the new weapon with lumberjack skill at around 70 and the max damage was 186 and di not see any critical hits landed for a bonus of damage. Perhaps you need to be at GM lumberjacking skill to have a chance for a critical hit to land. I will test this more as I have the time, but at this point adding the lumberjack skill seems like little benefit to use.
I would like to hear your lumberjacking experience. I had discounted this skill since reforging came out. Now it seems like it might be viable again, but you'll have to drop something to fit it in your template.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well max so far with hatchet and (lumberjack at 100) is 234 dmg, I can still get a bit more if I can get DI to increase from 90 to 100 and a couple other tweeks.