• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fighting with pets and them retargeting?

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been out latley with my Greater Draggy and fightin Wind Eles in Shame. Every so often i get more than one targetd and attack my Pet. This also happen in other spawn locations. But at time now my pet just retargets another of the Eles or Spawn that I did not command him to? Is anyone else having thsi problem?

He is Wounderfully Happy, Not Guading me, and given all stop then attack on targets but still wants to kil one I didn't sick him on?

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having this happen too, while fighting one target goes off and attacks another, happens alot fighting goblins with my pets in the underworld too as well as despise.

P

pgib

The behavior of pets is so broken that among tamers Greater Dragons are fictionally said to be very selfish and completely deaf creatures.

The issue you describe is typical: sometimes a guarding pet doesn't protect its master, sometimes a stopped pet still fights back, sometimes it gets stuck in place even when no obstacles prevents it to reach you and so on.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, happens all the time, as well as the items pgib mentioned. There really does need to be a fix for pet AI, but for the last 3 years anyway, tamers have pretty much been put out to pasture as far as fixes go for their sector of the game.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oki, first the obvious checks - deff got 99% control of the pet, stop command was obeyed and the pet still attacked something. It's quite easy to miss a pet disobeying one line out of a 2 line command macro, so it's worth double checking :)

If you have a 2 line macro to say stop then follow... Sometimes those don't hit off correctly and the pet misses the first command. Insert a pause and see if you notice any improvement.

Also, sometimes pet commands like all stop rather than petname stop aren't as reliable. I tend to set petname style commands up for each of my main pets to be on the safe side. Especially in areas where line of sight between you and your pet is a bit uneven.

If none of the above helps at all, the best bet is to send in bug reports.

I would bet that a lot of tamers just curse at the bugs without always reporting them. I'm guilty of it too, but now the bug fixes are really rolling...I think it's a good time to send in reports. So if you can't fix it by changing macros etc, report it :)

Wenchy

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately, the petname stop only works for pets with one line of name (ie. fido stop). Doesn't work so well for My Stink Bug stop. Wish THAT would get fixed as well.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, me too Aibal... it's frustrating to have to make pet names 1 word or have to use all commands on them. Thanks for remembering about that, I've just got a couple of pets with multi word names so I forget about that bug lol.

*adds to her wish list of bug fixes*

Wenchy