Fight Night (Ideas for rule set)

• Thread starter Skullcollector
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
S

Skullcollector

Fight Night setup

Class 1 Pure Mage:
Only spells from the magery book will be allowed.
No Summonsed
No poison above lvl 1
No weapons, only books
No protection
No potions, orange leaves or enhanced apples
No faction Band-Aids
No mounts
No disarm
No weapon class skills (this includes tactics and anatomy)
No ninja stars or shirkens enhanced with poison
No spellweaving

Class 2 Nox Mage/Necro mage/Chiv mage:
No summonsed
No protection
No Potions, orange leaves or enhanced apples
No faction Band-Aids
No mounts
No weapon class skills (this includes tactics and anatomy)
No ninja stars or shirkens enhanced with poison
No spellweaving

Class 3 Dexer melee/archer:
No Summonsed
No Potions, orange leaves or enhanced apples
No disarm
No mounts
No holy light
No faction Band-Aids
No magery or necro skills
No spellweaving
Allowed 4 charges from a poisoned weapon or 4 shots with mortal strike or 4 strikes of bleed. Any combo of these if fine but do not exceed 4 uses total per match.
(This includes ninja stars and shirkens that are enhanced with poison)

After 5 Minutes the (No Healing) rule comes into affect.
*Joining multi classes are welcome and for the top three classes the payout will be in affect.

Optional event:
Tamer class: This class is to test your greater dragon against other greater dragons. Also allows ANYONE that has a tamer to participate in this event.
No peacing, No discord
Blessing pet before fight is welcome but not after fight starts
No removing curse, curing poison or healing pets at anytime during fight
Only command used will be “All Kill” against other pets only
No attacking players or EM’s with pets.

*All participants will receive a check for 10000 gold in each class (not counting tamer class) they join to help cover any losses they acquire. The winner of each class will receive 100K checks (including tamer class for the winner).

Note: The EM’s HAVE to make it safe for spectators. Killing people who come to watch will keep the attendance for these events low. The safety of people who wish to watch or even participate is vital to the success of the event. Maybe have a GM present to “handle” the troublemakers with a lightning bolt of death and THEN ban them.

* This is optional. (I would be willing to donate some gold for rewards)

Now this is just an idea of what it could look like. Please everyone give some input on how to improve Fight Night. I know the Ems can’t talk about it here but they can read this and help give them ideas how it should go.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2001
Sonoma County
www.bgs-pets.com
It looks like a pretty good ruleset and class specifcation to me.

However I would just combine all the mages into one ruleset. On the Pure mage ruleset there should not be a restriction on poison. If someone takes the extra skill points to have gm poison they should be allowed to use it. Regardless for most mages all it will take is a simple cure to remove the upper level poisons anyways. You would need to cast that same cure for a lvl 1 poison. It would almost be like saying no poison is allowed at all and thats just down right wack.

GMs I seriously doubt will come have assist in that matter. I dont know about you but I cant get a GM to help me fix one of my chars stats. They wont even aknowledge my page. Asking for a GM to come and strike people down is like asking EA to give everyone a month of free gameplay. Snowball chance in hell of happening. But nonetheless it is a good idea.

Back when we had the old fight nights in Oasis those were all patrolled by a select group of people. We were in charge of patrolling the ring and pretty much just killing any of the troublemakers. Most people behaved but there was always that occasional greifer of silly theif that thought stealing everyones black pearl wuld be funny =D(in reality it was hilarious, especialy when no one noticed their BP was missing until they went to compete!).

Perhaps if some of the PvPers got together, no matter what their guild tag was and helped the GMs with some good old fashioned fel player Justice it would be a differnt story.

However I could also then just see this becoming one big giant gank fest with a giant free for all once those attacking and those defending called for assistance.

I dont really know if there is a correct answer for this specific problem. Whats to stop one group of people who could be baned from the tournement showing up at, say the moongate, and killing anyone that tries to enter the tournement grounds. Not much.

The better answer will be for the EMs to request a meeting with those that are in charge of their guilds beforehand and come to some sort of agreement that there are to be no fights in the stands with eachother or greifing the event.

Like I said I really dont know what the answer is to this one. Or even if there is a correct answer.

I suggest those that are still interested in having this PvP tournement come to the next EM meet and greet and ask the questions and suggest some options. Im sure that the wonderfull Queen Mum Will let us know when the next meet and greet is sometime soon.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2001
Sonoma County
www.bgs-pets.com
In response to my response(Ya I know thats like a oxymoron but thats me!).

I cant belive I am saying this, even thinking of saying this goes agaisnt everything I feel about fel.

Perhaps the event should not be held in fel. Perhaps the answer is to only allow Blue, unguilded people to fight in the tournement in a place with a tram ruleset.

With the introduction of soulstones anyone can compete in it if they wished to. I know that I could easily soulstone my red hunters skills onto a blue hunter to compete in the event in tram. It may be a inconveince but perhaps that is the price we must pay to have this sort of event without ever having any problems.

I can not believe I just said all that. Im gonna go for a walk now and think about the meaning of my life.

I must say though, as this is my better side now talking, that if there is a PvP tournement held in tram, it cant really be called a PvP tournement. Atleast thats my thought on it.

Tram scares me, all the pretty flowers and trees. *shivers*

S

Skullcollector

It looks like a pretty good ruleset and class specifcation to me.

However I would just combine all the mages into one ruleset. On the Pure mage ruleset there should not be a restriction on poison. If someone takes the extra skill points to have gm poison they should be allowed to use it. Regardless for most mages all it will take is a simple cure to remove the upper level poisons anyways. You would need to cast that same cure for a lvl 1 poison. It would almost be like saying no poison is allowed at all and thats just down right wack.
Having poisoning skill on your template is not what most consider a “pure mage”. The idea of a pure mage fight is to only use the magery skills, magery, evaluating intelligence, resisting spells, mediation, inscription, wrestling or focus. (This is based on all skills at 120)

By offering a “pure mage” event you take care of the “duel me pure mage” offers. The second class I think MOST would want to fight in but I would let the true mages have an opportunity to compete. If not you leave the door open for someone to say “well I would have beat you pure mage!” And it WILL happen.

S

Skullcollector

In response to my response(Ya I know thats like a oxymoron but thats me!).

I cant belive I am saying this, even thinking of saying this goes agaisnt everything I feel about fel.

Perhaps the event should not be held in fel. Perhaps the answer is to only allow Blue, unguilded people to fight in the tournement in a place with a tram ruleset.

With the introduction of soulstones anyone can compete in it if they wished to. I know that I could easily soulstone my red hunters skills onto a blue hunter to compete in the event in tram. It may be a inconveince but perhaps that is the price we must pay to have this sort of event without ever having any problems.

I can not believe I just said all that. Im gonna go for a walk now and think about the meaning of my life.

I must say though, as this is my better side now talking, that if there is a PvP tournement held in tram, it cant really be called a PvP tournement. Atleast thats my thought on it.

Tram scares me, all the pretty flowers and trees. *shivers*
Umm no...It has to be in fel so reds can participate. Using soul stones only works if someone is transferring skill from a red to a blue with all the same 120 scrolls on each character. And the dex, str and int have to be correct for that template for there is no fast way to readjust those that I am aware of. Besides you cant attack players in tram unless they are in a guild or alliance correct? Everyone isn’t going to drop their guilds to duel for an hour or two. Almost everyone who pvps are in a guild…

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2001
Sonoma County
www.bgs-pets.com
Umm no...It has to be in fel so reds can participate. Using soul stones only works if someone is transferring skill from a red to a blue with all the same 120 scrolls on each character. And the dex, str and int have to be correct for that template for there is no fast way to readjust those that I am aware of. Besides you cant attack players in tram unless they are in a guild or alliance correct? Everyone isn’t going to drop their guilds to duel for an hour or two. Almost everyone who pvps are in a guild…
Perhaps that is the punishment we should receive for what happened. Granted the actions a few should not change everything, but as I said, what is there to stop those that want to disrupt the event from standing outside the PvP house blocking everyone from entering and sluaghtering them.

Honestly if there is another PvP tournement I dont think its going to be hosted by the EM's. Their trust is the pvp community was destroyed when this happened, and thats a real shame.

Having poisoning skill on your template is not what most consider a “pure mage”. The idea of a pure mage fight is to only use the magery skills, magery, evaluating intelligence, resisting spells, mediation, inscription, wrestling or focus. (This is based on all skills at 120)

By offering a “pure mage” event you take care of the “duel me pure mage” offers. The second class I think MOST would want to fight in but I would let the true mages have an opportunity to compete. If not you leave the door open for someone to say “well I would have beat you pure mage!” And it WILL happen.
A pure mage template is really open to interpretation. Look at Focus, thats not really a mage skill. Thats more of a warrior skill. Perhaps looking at insribe as maybe that should be on a mules template.

If we are going to say "Pure Mage" It would only be Magery, Meditation, Resisit, Eval Int. That is the Pure mage basic template.

Dont take what i am saying to heart. I am just saying this to throw out ideas of what some people may see as incorrect information.

Poisoning has been around a lot longer then Focus has, why should it be disallowed on a mage template when poison is in the spell book as well. It would also be like saying no eval int above 100 as that increases your spells damage as well. Poison on a mage is kinda what eval int is to the other skills. It increases your damage. But not really by that much. Lets also keep in mind that poison over the years has been a much more popular skill to have on a mage then focus has, back in the old days it was, Magery, Meditation, Eval, Resist, Wrestle, Inscribe, poison. That was the old PvP pure mage template that was used by many.

In reality the rules are there as a basic "How to" and are also open to interpretation. If I competed in a "pure mage" duel and I used my Firehorn would that be looked at as cheating?

Like I said the rules are there as a basic "How to" It comes down to what both duelers agree to before the duel takes place.

S

Skullcollector

Perhaps that is the punishment we should receive for what happened. Granted the actions a few should not change everything, but as I said, what is there to stop those that want to disrupt the event from standing outside the PvP house blocking everyone from entering and sluaghtering them.

Honestly if there is another PvP tournement I dont think its going to be hosted by the EM's. Their trust is the pvp community was destroyed when this happened, and thats a real shame.

A pure mage template is really open to interpretation. Look at Focus, thats not really a mage skill. Thats more of a warrior skill. Perhaps looking at insribe as maybe that should be on a mules template.

If we are going to say "Pure Mage" It would only be Magery, Meditation, Resisit, Eval Int. That is the Pure mage basic template.

Dont take what i am saying to heart. I am just saying this to throw out ideas of what some people may see as incorrect information.

Poisoning has been around a lot longer then Focus has, why should it be disallowed on a mage template when poison is in the spell book as well. It would also be like saying no eval int above 100 as that increases your spells damage as well. Poison on a mage is kinda what eval int is to the other skills. It increases your damage. But not really by that much. Lets also keep in mind that poison over the years has been a much more popular skill to have on a mage then focus has, back in the old days it was, Magery, Meditation, Eval, Resist, Wrestle, Inscribe, poison. That was the old PvP pure mage template that was used by many.

In reality the rules are there as a basic "How to" and are also open to interpretation. If I competed in a "pure mage" duel and I used my Firehorn would that be looked at as cheating?

Like I said the rules are there as a basic "How to" It comes down to what both duelers agree to before the duel takes place.
The pure mage thing is open for opinions but I still feel that pure mage shouldn’t use the poisoning skill. My example also is based of 6 skills not 7. As far as why focus in a pure mage duel, mana mana mana. Why inscription, 10% added spell damage. And if you use a fire horn in a pure mage duel is that against the rules, yes it is according to the rule set from above.

To solve the problem of the troublemakers sitting at the tourney gate at jehlom and killing who ever goes in is to make one of those red gates at ALL the fel moongates and anyone banned cannot go into them. Put one red gate in each guard zone of each moongate in Fel only. Make sure its close enough to allow a red going thru the moongate to get to the red gate quickly. By having that many gates makes it VERY tuff for the troublemakers to affectively keep anyone out of the tournament. Also allow people to be able to recall out from the arena but not in. Doing this will stop any chance that a few troublemakers will be able to ruin the event again.

If the EM’s feel this was the last one of these PVP tournaments then this discussion doesn’t need to continue as you cannot have a pvp tournament without the help of moderators or Gm’s. Someone has to be able to police the event. Whether you have a pvp event or pvm event, without moderators you will always have someone who can’t play by the rules of the event and try to ruin it for everyone. The moderators need to be able to remove the bad element from their event. Can the Ems jail someone for a short time?

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2001
Sonoma County
www.bgs-pets.com
To solve the problem of the troublemakers sitting at the tourney gate at jehlom and killing who ever goes in is to make one of those red gates at ALL the fel moongates and anyone banned cannot go into them. Put one red gate in each guard zone of each moongate in Fel only. Make sure its close enough to allow a red going thru the moongate to get to the red gate quickly. By having that many gates makes it VERY tuff for the troublemakers to affectively keep anyone out of the tournament. Also allow people to be able to recall out from the arena but not in. Doing this will stop any chance that a few troublemakers will be able to ruin the event again.
I think this is a great idea. However they could still sit on the other side of where the red gate deposits someone and cause trouble there.

The pure mage thing is open for opinions but I still feel that pure mage shouldn’t use the poisoning skill. My example also is based of 6 skills not 7. As far as why focus in a pure mage duel, mana mana mana. Why inscription, 10% added spell damage. And if you use a fire horn in a pure mage duel is that against the rules, yes it is according to the rule set from above.
Your just afraid of my firehorn and the 15dmg it does :D

R

Ruffles

To allow safe passage to and from the Fight Nights..
Arriving is more difficult...

This is Fel..it's SUPPOSED to be hazardous. Those that PVP can quite handle the attacks. If you are there to participate in the event, you should be able to get there. If you are there to watch, leave your valuables at home or insure everything. If killed, rezzes provided upon arrival.

To leave,
Gate from inside the house that drops into a city with guards. Jhelom is one...Skara is another...in the Fel facet. Or gate to a Trammel Rules city.

For fights inside the stands.

There are two types...accidental and intentional. Proving the accidental can be difficult. To take precautions accidentaly attacking someone with a macro, suggest disarming while in the stands. For intentional attack...ban them for the next two events. If they do it again, ban them permanently.

I enjoy watching the fight nights and hope the problems can be worked out.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2001
Sonoma County
www.bgs-pets.com

This is Fel..it's SUPPOSED to be hazardous. Those that PVP can quite handle the attacks. If you are there to participate in the event, you should be able to get there. If you are there to watch, leave your valuables at home or insure everything. If killed, rezzes provided upon arrival.

To leave,
Gate from inside the house that drops into a city with guards. Jhelom is one...Skara is another...in the Fel facet. Or gate to a Trammel Rules city.

There are two types...accidental and intentional. Proving the accidental can be difficult. To take precautions accidentaly attacking someone with a macro, suggest disarming while in the stands. For intentional attack...ban them for the next two events. If they do it again, ban them permanently.

Well said.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 10, 2008
Sylvan Glen, Deep Forest of Yew
I think most non-pvp people who attend events in Felucca understand that they will most likely be killed by someone or even many someones. But I have to say I just don't get why an experienced pvp'r would even want to attack people who most likely cannot defend themselves very well or even more likely don't even have any armor on. Maybe it's the only way they can win so they just cant help themselves ;)

I hope events in Felucca continue though.

S

Skullcollector

I think most non-pvp people who attend events in Felucca understand that they will most likely be killed by someone or even many someones.
I hope events in Felucca continue though.
It shouldn’t be like this for an event. If trying to keep the peace at this event is going to be a major pain for the EM’s, what makes anyone think they will continue having them. I also know many that would love to come to watch but they do not want to be killed and have someone stand over them and talk crap. They would just rather not even attend and that’s a real shame. This could help generate more people’s interest in pvp and would be a very fun event for everyone. It doesn’t matter anyways if no one wants to fight in the “fight night”, why have one…

I will be the first to unofficially sign up for this tourney listed above. Ill join the first two classes for these I think are the toughest two classes for me. Who else wants to duel me! I challenge everyone that pvps to a duel next fight night. Ruffles, get your mage and practice girl! Rant I want a rematch! Lets go worm, tmi or kms, momo E momo! Lets go peon, I have never fought you on a mage. Hunter fix your connection for I want you to in the ring! I want to see if anyone is going to have the guts to take me up on my challenge? I also have the BEST super dragon on the shard, ill join that class to! All other super dragons can be deleted for mine will drop you ALL!

Any takers or am I truly the BEST in UO?…EVER!

R

Ruffles

Skull, What rules would ya have for a stealth archer? If I can use the tools of my trade (smoke bombs, apples, ninjitsu, trap box, etc..) I just might take ya up on your challenge.

Ruffles

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 10, 2008
Sylvan Glen, Deep Forest of Yew
It shouldn’t be like this for an event. If trying to keep the peace at this event is going to be a major pain for the EM’s, what makes anyone think they will continue having them. I also know many that would love to come to watch but they do not want to be killed and have someone stand over them and talk crap. They would just rather not even attend and that’s a real shame. This could help generate more people’s interest in pvp and would be a very fun event for everyone. It doesn’t matter anyways if no one wants to fight in the “fight night”, why have one…
OH I agree completely that is shouldn't be that way and it would indeed be nice if it wasn't that way. Whether or not is will be that way in the future is up to the pvp'rs isnt it. Hopefully they will see the benefits of letting people be and everyone will get what they want from the events. :)

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 17, 2008
squeezepagegraphics.com

To leave,

In the old days people used restraint. Seems back then people had a sense of morality. The Original Fight Night there were few instances of disruptive chaotic combat. Heck take the fights anywhere at that time. From the cross roads to Bucs Den. A good 90% of the time you would not get rez killed and as for duels people more or less followed the rules and also wouldn't call in a gank squad.

R

RichDC

Nice set of rules, im not on the shard so i doubt ill make a char to compete but i just wanted to offer a suggestion.

The no anatomy rule, i think this should be left out.

Reason:

On Great lakes anyway, it has started to become the norm for mages to take gm anatomy over 120 wrestle for defensive wrestle skill at 120 [Formula:- ((Anat+Eval)+20))/2))]. There is no boost from it, the DI is minor if you allow mage weaps and they gain no offensive skill.

Just a thought, good luck with it By the way.

S

Skullcollector

Skull, What rules would ya have for a stealth archer? If I can use the tools of my trade (smoke bombs, apples, ninjitsu, trap box, etc..) I just might take ya up on your challenge.

Ruffles
Well ruffles the rules would be the ones in the top of this thread and it doesn’t say anything about hiding but that’s one of those obvious rules of a duel. That’s like saying “time out” in the middle of the fight, you just cant do that. You can though use the rest of your skills if you wish to fight in the dexer class. Do you have a mage? If so there’s time till the next one (if there is a next one) to practice a little and I am sure if you asked someone in your guild they would give you pointers. Remember you can join multiple classes if you choose.

S

Skullcollector

Nice set of rules, im not on the shard so i doubt ill make a char to compete but i just wanted to offer a suggestion.

The no anatomy rule, i think this should be left out.

Reason:

On Great lakes anyway, it has started to become the norm for mages to take gm anatomy over 120 wrestle for defensive wrestle skill at 120 [Formula:- ((Anat+Eval)+20))/2))]. There is no boost from it, the DI is minor if you allow mage weaps and they gain no offensive skill.

Just a thought, good luck with it By the way.
This is just an idea of what it could look like as far as rules. I know these rules need to be tweaked and that’s why I am asking for input. I just wish more people would give their opinions so we can do this again and make it more fun for all.

I do agree allowing anatomy in the second class should be allowed since your allowed to use mage weapons. In the pure mage class there is no weapons allowed at all, only books so anatomy would be useless.

R

RichDC

It would, and it wouldnt.

In the pure mage most would probably go wrestle for the disrupts. Using anatomy wouldnt allow the user to hit, it would prevent the wrestle mage from hitting.

It basically works as parry but as only gm is needed for 120 defensive wrestle more points can be spent elsewhere.

It probably wont make much difference if you allow it or not, i dont think that many mages use it yet.

(the template i was thinking was 120mage/med/eval/wrestle, GM Scribe/anat 40focus, (can take focus up to 80 if using gm mage and crystaline))

R

Ruffles

Well ruffles the rules would be the ones in the top of this thread and it doesn’t say anything about hiding but that’s one of those obvious rules of a duel. That’s like saying “time out” in the middle of the fight, you just cant do that. You can though use the rest of your skills if you wish to fight in the dexer class. Do you have a mage? If so there’s time till the next one (if there is a next one) to practice a little and I am sure if you asked someone in your guild they would give you pointers. Remember you can join multiple classes if you choose.
Well, rat spit :p

Trouble with me trying to play a mage or dexer, is it doesn't take a little time to learn to play them well enough to go against the many fine mages and dexxers on Sonoma. I will have to see if I can compensate without using smoke bombs. As for obvious rules, you have to remeber there are some that the rules aren't as obvious as you think. For example, it just seems more logical and obvious for a mage to use all 64 spells. For your rules, and apparently some others, there are spells that are not allowed to be used. To me, it is like ok you can use a bow, but not one that shoots bolts.

Just reread your rules, I see you say "No ninja stars or shirkens enhanced with poison"...you are so tying the hands of my template!! Why are these forbidden, considering that mages can cure poison and dexxers can drink cures? Can also use bandaids to cure poison. You suggest that mages can poison lvl 1 and dexxers can have 4 hits of a poisoned weapon...Archers? Where do we stand?

Just noticed the "No Potions, orange leaves or enhanced apples." By restricting all the tools necessary to allow for offensive attacks as well as defensive tactics, aren't ya turning it into a hack and slash duel rather than one that uses strategy and tactics?

I know what you are doing..it is to have a set of parameters that we can all agree with to to make the duels fair to the participants. I commend your effort to improve the Fight Nights. I also believe that part of dueling is to use your tools availble to your template, to effect the best outcome for your character using strategy and tactics.

To tell me certain rules are the way they are because they have always been that, just doesn't cut it for me. I like to know WHY the particular rule is in place, especially when it has to effect a good number of people. Knowing why helps me to understand.

Thank You,
Ruffles

S

Skullcollector

I know what you are doing..it is to have a set of parameters that we can all agree with to to make the duels fair to the participants. I commend your effort to improve the Fight Nights. I also believe that part of dueling is to use your tools availble to your template, to effect the best outcome for your character using strategy and tactics.

To tell me certain rules are the way they are because they have always been that, just doesn't cut it for me. I like to know WHY the particular rule is in place, especially when it has to effect a good number of people. Knowing why helps me to understand.

Thank You,
Ruffles
I have been playing UO since the berth of AOS and duels have had pretty much these same kinds of rules through out the years. Now they do vary depending on the players and what they agree on. What I did here was make the rules in a way to test yourself on how to use the basic skills of your template, old school before all the goodies. Like I said before, these are just ideas. If people think there are to many rules then please speak up. So far only a few people have given opinions on this besides me. We can change these rules however we like to make it fun for everyone.

Ruffles, what rules would you change up top? Right now the rules are set up for mages vs mages and dexers vs dexers.Or should we make another class with less rules and maybe mixing classes up? We can make different classes and if no one signs up for a class at the tournament, just cancel that class and move on. It also will allow us to see what classes people are interested in and the future events we can narrow it down to what people enjoy doing. No rules didn’t work and no one wanted to join so by adding rules might make some more opt to join in.

One last thing, I have been talking to many in the game about this tournament and many say they are working or just getting home or even going to work on Saturday’s at 5pm. Maybe we need to think about changing the day and/or time we have fight night so more can join in?

S

Skullcollector

(the template i was thinking was 120mage/med/eval/wrestle, GM Scribe/anat 40focus, (can take focus up to 80 if using gm mage and crystaline))
Did you mean on this template to be: 120 mage/med/eval/RESIST, GM scripe/anatomy and 40 focus? If so i will play around with this template and see for myself the benefits this provides. Thank you for the input and wish you could come and participate with us. Make a newby character and come watch if nothing else :)

R

Ruffles

Skull,

I have waited to respond, because I wanted to give this serious thought before I replied. With the variety of templates, many of which are hybrids due the the changes in PVP, I think that the truly most challenging duels should have as few "rules" as possible that limit what a duelist can use regarding resources and spells, weapons. etc. This allows for some very interesting creativity on the participants.

While learning to PVP, the most important thing that I have learned is that PVP is always evolving and testing your skills. If one is to become better then one has to constantly evaluate other peoples styles of play, their offensive attacks and defensive strategies. One has to continually adjust their own stategies to compensate for the changes. This keeps PVP interesting and fun. I think that dueling should showcase the creativity and skills of those that participate.

The only class of PVP'er that should be restricted or at best made into their own subclass are tamers. This is not to say that tamers have no value in PVP, far from it. It is just that a duelist is fighting a pet rather than the person.

I also think that Fight Night should include those that wish to duel specific contestants that may wish to duel only one other person. For this type of duel, rules of engagement between the contestants are certainly appropriate.

If there are contestants that want the specific categories of a fight night, then yes, I think that rules need to be consistant per category. I still have questions regarding the dynamics so let me think on that and I will ask later.

I think that changing the time to 7pm would work much better, at least for me. That is the beginning of naptime here and I have 8 less distractions, well at least sometimes :)

Thank You,
Ruffles

R

Ruffles

Class 1 Pure Mage:

Only spells from the magery book will be allowed (Agreed, this makes sense for a pure mage.)

No Summonsed (This does not make sense to me because they are spells in the Book of Magery. Summons are 8th level spells, with the exception of Blade Spirits & Summon Creature which are 5th level spells. All the summoned entities can be dispelled by spells that are lower levels and take less mana. The value I can see is the intimidation factor of the summoned creatures, But,a wise mage knows how to circumvent this stategy to his benefit. Mages have a finite amount of mana before they need to regenerate. A wise mage is going to stratigize the use of his spells and their mana cost to his benefit in a duel.

No poison above lvl 1
Many mages put poisoning & inscription on their mages to get more "bang for the buck". Personally, I think it should be allowed because once a person has poisoning or inscription on thier mage the only way they are not going to be able to use it is to stone it. That is a huge hassle for some who want to be an effective mage both in and out of the arena. A mage can cast greater cure to cure the poison so they are not without a defense for that spell.

No weapons, only books - Agree with this one for a pure mage.

No protection - Totally disagree with this one. Again the spell is in the book. There are advantages as well as disadvantages to using this spell. It seems to me that a mage has to weigh the benefits of using this spell with the disadvantages and plan his strategy accordingly.

No potions, orange leaves or enhanced apples - Agree with this one for pure mage duels.

No faction Band-Aids - Agree with this one for pure mage duels.

No mounts - Not sure about this one...why no mounts? I can understand that if one is unmounted and the other isn't that could be a unfair disadvantage to the mage on foot. But if they were both mounted? Need more information on this one.

No disarm - can a mage disarm another mage with a spell?

No weapon class skills (this includes tactics and anatomy) Again I don't know enough about how tactics and anatomy fit in with a pure mage. I do know that some are wrestle mages but it seems that they would be in a different category wouldn't they?

No ninja stars or shirkens enhanced with poison - Agree with you on this one for a pure mage.

No spellweaving- Again, agree with you for a pure mage duel.

Class 2: Pure Dexxer melee/archer:

No Spells except the Primary & Secondary Abilities (even that can be optional)

No Potions, orange leaves or enhanced apples - I think that potions should be allowed, Not sure about petals and enhanced apples. If you allow Primary and Secondary Abilites, then these too should be allowed.

No disarm, Agree if the duelist cannot use the secondary ability. Sometimes the weapons you choose, switching weapons can show the skill and knowledge of the duelist. I need more information on this one to understand it better.

No mounts: Same as for any class, if both do...ok, if only one has a mount, no mounts.

No faction Band-Aids: As much as I want to disagree I have to agree, Unless both dueslist are in factions and it is agree that they can and will be used.

Allowed 4 charges from a poisoned weapon or 4 shots with mortal strike or 4 strikes of bleed. Any combo of these if fine but do not exceed 4 uses total per match.
(This includes ninja stars and shirkens that are enhanced with poison): I need to better understand why you wish to limit the strikes to 4 uses per match.

Class 3: All Hybrid Templates:
I think that this is the class that should have the least amount of rules for the reasons stated in my previous post.

Class 4: Tamers
Only Tamers vs Tamers
Allow them to "All kill" and attack each other. This gets the fight over with quick and we might even see how good a defensive strategy they might have against the pets :)

Skull, I have so much to still learn about PVP and dueling, if you think my proposals are off the wall, please let me know why. It is through learning that we get gain knowledge and a better understanding and appreciation of others.

Thank You,
Ruffles

TheUsualSuspect

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 4, 2009
Rules for Fight Night

Anything Goes.
No Pets.
No healing after 5 minutes.

Allow Mages, Warriors melee and archery to use their full templates, more realistic that way.

Keep it simple with very few 'no no's' and you will have a BLAST!

As for free for all, throw everyone including spectators into the pit. If you don't want to get thrown into the pit, LEAVE.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2001
Sonoma County
www.bgs-pets.com
No disarm - can a mage disarm another mage with a spell?
If a mage has wrestle they can disarm, along with stuning their opponent for a few seconds. Im not too sure why no disarm would apply in a mage duel. Im not too sure if you can disarm spell books. But if a mage isnt using weapons anyways theres no need to say no disarm.

Just my 2 cents =D

TheUsualSuspect

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 4, 2009
The more rules you have the more complications and reasons to complain. You can't legislate stupidity so why bother, fewer rules fewer restrictions less complications. If your template can't compete as is try changing it around.

Oh and congrats to Aslan, Dubie and Ice from COP for winning the 'real' tournament. I know it was overshadowed by the free for all killing festivities but the EM's really need to change 'free for all' to Free for All ONLY in the Pit not in the stands :p

S

Skullcollector

I have been asking as many people as I can in the game about what they think of fight night. A lot seem to still like the idea of these fights. I also am hearing several in cop want to crash this again, they keep telling me its fel and we have to expect this to happen. And here we have some who are challenging the outcome of the fight because they didn’t win. Juicy won every fight he was put up against so how does he not win?

You know Ive been doing a lot of thinking on this and maybe we should have a fight night in tram, your right Hunter. This way we can control what happens in the ring and out. I think maybe we should just ban cop from entering since they do not wish to allow this even in fel and they attacked the spectators. Just ban them from the event entirely. We do not have to put up with sore losers and poor sports. This event is supposed to be fun.

I think if this isn’t an option we should just squash the idea of fight nights again in Sonoma. To be honest this is becoming a headache to try to get people interested and stop the attacks on this event. I feel as if I am wasting my time here!…

R

Ruffles

I have been asking as many people as I can in the game about what they think of fight night. A lot seem to still like the idea of these fights. I also am hearing several in cop want to crash this again, they keep telling me its fel and we have to expect this to happen. And here we have some who are challenging the outcome of the fight because they didn’t win. Juicy won every fight he was put up against so how does he not win?
Skull, Skull, Skull...just because it has been pointed out that having the fight night in Fel does present the situation for people to get killed because of the Fel ruleset, doesn't mean we can't do things to get around this. You neglected to mention that MANY in COP wish for the fight nights to go on without incidents as well as participate.

Juicy came in at the very end, won a couple fights. Does that make him a winner over the people that came at the beginning and fought duel after duel after duel? It was also stated during the attack in the stands, that COP loses by default. THAT is ludricrous...The duelist did not participate in that attack. get a grip Skull, look beyond the blatherings of a group that at every turn villifies COP. Even when they have on the previous fight night attacked COP in the stands.

You know Ive been doing a lot of thinking on this and maybe we should have a fight night in tram, your right Hunter. This way we can control what happens in the ring and out. I think maybe we should just ban cop from entering since they do not wish to allow this even in fel and they attacked the spectators. Just ban them from the event entirely. We do not have to put up with sore losers and poor sports. This event is supposed to be fun.

I think if this isn’t an option we should just squash the idea of fight nights again in Sonoma. To be honest this is becoming a headache to try to get people interested and stop the attacks on this event. I feel as if I am wasting my time here!…
*Picks up the smelly old mop and THWAPS you upside the head*
Aren't you getting a bit hysterical? Calm down. Part of preventing what happened is knowing why it happened...did you ever consider that? Instead of complaing about what happened ad nauseum, find out what happened and take the steps to figure out how to keep it from happening. Why ban an entire guild for the actions of a few? I DO agree with banning ANYONE that attacks spectators in the stand. But, I also know that sometimes you have to get to the heart of the matter of why someone was attacked.

I DO know that the first death in the stands was very much an accident. The individual that apparently doing the attacking was talking to me in vent about something unrelated to fighting. Next thing you know he is grey and the person is dead. Even he didn't know what happened at that time. It was NOT intentional. That is why I recommended that if you don't want to accidently kill someone..disarm. As for the attact at the end of the event? Ban those from dueling the next two event...if it happens again..ban them for life. This applies to ALL, not just COP.

Working out the bugs, takes effort, patience, and some creative thinking...I think we have a lot of good people on Sonoma that want this to work...don't give in to the naysayers.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 18, 2001
Sonoma County
www.bgs-pets.com
I wouldnt say banning COP would be the right answer. The only thing that will do is alienate the shards biggest PvP guild. Instead of a select few wanting to disturb it the whole guild would want to disturb it and they would have every reason to want to try and do that.

Not to mention that being the shards biggest pvp guild, they have a number of PvPers that are good at what they do. Can you really say that if you won the PvP tournement without COP being there that you are the best PvPers on the shard?

I think not.

Im sure an answer will present itself by the time of the next event., this is something that Sonoma needs and most of the people want.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Oklahoma (yes it is a state)
Just a fun suggestion, and that would be to have a contest where no armour was worn. I attended one of these and it actually was pretty fun. Bags were pre-made for each class of contestant with 10 of each reagent for mages or necros, and melee chars were given around 3-5 bandies and a weapon bought from a npc (they got to choose only one weapon). Backpacks were snooped to make sure they were empty, then they were given the bag. Fights usually didn't take that long, no insurance was lost, and it even encouraged those that never PVP'd before to participate since it removed the suit/weapon element of some of the more elite PVP chars.

R

RichDC

When is the next one? I have began working the char template i said(it was resist not wrestle i feel like a :dunce: ) but will probs be a couple of months before im scrolled and kitted out. would like to watch though.

Also, maybe a mixed class tier could be fun. Pretty simple, all templates(except pets...sorry tamers)

10pots all types (only one fully charged DP weapon,no re-poisoning)
5apples
20bandies(no factions)
no petals
No summons
All spells...Except, Gift of life. Once your dead you lose :p
*These are all per fight obviously*

Maybe cap the stats on suits as well, although i see that being too hard. Could just limit weapon to 4mods??

S

Skullcollector

Just a fun suggestion, and that would be to have a contest where no armour was worn. I attended one of these and it actually was pretty fun. Bags were pre-made for each class of contestant with 10 of each reagent for mages or necros, and melee chars were given around 3-5 bandies and a weapon bought from a npc (they got to choose only one weapon). Backpacks were snooped to make sure they were empty, then they were given the bag. Fights usually didn't take that long, no insurance was lost, and it even encouraged those that never PVP'd before to participate since it removed the suit/weapon element of some of the more elite PVP chars.

This would be a blast, naked duels! This is a great idea but I think there should be a few more regs to see if it could go longer than 15 seconds. I’m betting not but who knows. If both players have 120 resisting spells, it could be a little more work for all your resist naked will be 44 I believe. The players with no resisting spells (all resist at 0) will die fast, very fast. There could be a rule on naked duels, no resisting spells skill. This way no one could get an advantage over someone else who doesn’t have this skill. But then again if your going to enter a mage duel armored up or naked and don’t have resisting spells you don’t have much chance anyways.

When is the next one?

I guess we will see if there is going to be another one Saturday at 4pm pacific… :bowdown:

S

Skullcollector

SixUnder and Archon007 please post your ideas on what the rule set should be here. We all are waiting for your ideas and how you think the fights should go. List all classes you think people would like to join and what rules should be in place.

S

Skullcollector

144 months of having my main character of SixUnder with a weapon in his hand, countless tournaments of the years i have won and participated in. But this has to be the wierdest rules for a tournament for a warrior that i have ever seen. Hopefully whoever is sponsoring this thing will change the rules and requirements for warriors to balance it out or remove it from the event totally. no way can you call the way it is set a viable way to determine any skill what so ever.

oh ya you forgot to mention ward removal in all 3 events.

If you feel the dexer class needs different rules to balance please explain and give Ideas of how it should go. The more ideas we can give the EM's the better the event can be right?

The rules are even worse this time. Parry bush DP dexxor for the win.
It’s not about lasting to the “no heal”, if that’s what you’re trying to do then go for it because someone does have to win. Skill is killing before the 5-minute time limit expires and your forced into a no heal. When it goes to a no heal means your time is up, it’s now a draw (TIE) but because we need someone to win the no heal is needed like tossing a coin to see who wins and moves on. You choose your glory…

For the next one in August we should * all wins by no-heal. Make them worth half a kill so the real skilled players that can kill within the limit get a full kill. Soo if you want to win the class you better not coast because others will kill within the limits. Have a scoring system so people that actually wins all their fights within the time limit doesn’t lose in the end against someone who just hung in till the end every fight then win in the no heal. Use the same type of tree to keep track of wins but in the end points are what wins the tournament. If you win all the matches including the finial match by coasting and your opponent won most of his previous fights within the limit and has more points he wins first place over all, you come in second.

T

Tiri

I am pretty sure Eira or Star said that the rules would change from Tourny to tourny to keep it interesting. So sometimes the rules will be strict and sometimes there will be no rules. That way people can try different tactics. Maybe we should put the rules in the journal books they use in game when they advertise and they can decide to use them . Then we would all have a better chance of our rule set being used one time. Ask at the next met and greet or next time you see one.

FireKitten

West Vesper Arena - Pit Mistress
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
West Vesper Quarter
Dang it. I will be on vacation AFC!! hopefully will do this again when I can be there.. Hope its a good turn out. we need more of these events!!!!