• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fight Club

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP Fight Club

Those of you who enjoy PvP or have always wanted to try it, the
Club meets Saturday May 2nd, at 5pm PST, 8pm EST.

According to the EM Event Web Site

I do belive at the Jhlome Gate....Could be wrong though

We Went there for a preview tonight. it looks very cool...

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP Fight Club

You should warn the tram players a bit more. The little vortex takes you to a spot where no recall is allowed (someone in this really big PvP guild I chased out was spamming scared journey and didnt work so I figured it out). It's a cool place but be warned, there's no guardzone, no tram rules all it's got is a house with dueling pits in it. So come prepared. :thumbsup:

Also the exit isnt very clear and when you jump in make sure to remember where to run out to. In case you got attacked by a large group of invisible players. ;)

L

Lord Drakelord

PvP Fight Club

Sorry but what the link again to that web page?

L

Lord Drakelord

You should warn the tram players a bit more. The little vortex takes you to a spot where no recall is allowed (someone in this really big PvP guild I chased out was spamming scared journey and didnt work so I figured it out). It's a cool place but be warned, there's no guardzone, no tram rules all it's got is a house with dueling pits in it. So come prepared. :thumbsup:

Also the exit isnt very clear and when you jump in make sure to remember where to run out to. In case you got attacked by a large group of invisible players. ;)

Sounds as if we need more information so we know where to run? I hope the EM's portal is clearly marked as a PvP dueling gate? If not a crafter could walk in not knowing the trouble they may be in.

R

RichDC

Think i may have to come and watch this...new char wont matter if i can recall or not, wont have anywhere to go lol

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds as if we need more information so we know where to run? I hope the EM's portal is clearly marked as a PvP dueling gate? If not a crafter could walk in not knowing the trouble they may be in.
The Vortex looking teleporter/gate is labled "Fight Club by Invite Only". Anyone can go in. It's in Fel, many trammies dont even want to have anything to do in Fel. Ive checked them one a day but rarely anyone was in there. I've seem a bluebie COP once and other than that that place is pretty dead...

I hope we can see it being more active.

U

UO's Old.

I've been through there, tried to find a entrance to duel rooms did not find one. maybe that's what they mean by invite only.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats right the EM will be the one to put the duelers in there. there is one area for one on one and there there is another section for groups.

As for that whole area, well its fight club.... i wonder if any one will "Claim" it hehe...

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Going to fight club, 2 minutes... listening to NoMercy of COP talk smack, 10 minutes... Owning up NoMercy of COP in the stands in front of everyone after said smack talk, 1/2 second. Now THAT'S priceless. haha

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that was fun!

I thought we had a good turn out, and we had some very good fights that happened.(granted not one of them involved me =D).

Thanks for the fun all, if anyone is looking for me ill be in destard working on getting my Lord title back. I think I only died 6 times.

S

Skullcollector

What was the outcome of fight night? Who were the winners or was it a free for all? Any prizes?

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think anyone had time to pic take.... As for prizes...Unknown as i had settled down for a nap and woke up late...

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya know I forgot the name of the winner(Azerouth?). I belive he was from another Shard. Everyone got a chance to fight all the other contestents.

Queen Mum told me to do a story on it and for some reason the pictures that i had taken were not saved. They were mostly pics of me dieing anyways, thats nothing rare. I will get that fixed and report on the next one.

My first opponent was Balla, he was lucky I didnt have my firehorn otherwise I would have damaged him.(the results would have still ended up the same)

The prizes were just being recognized by those in attendance as winner of the event. I dont think any items were given away.

It was very entertaining for me and it was good to see everyone once again. It was just like old times when KMS killed me in our duel.

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well all I am able to do is help with a few pics ....
*thank you everyone for a very fun and educational night :)

Azureous of the Sosaria Knights of Redemption guild [SKOR] won overall (1st) by 1 point
*we nicknamed him - The Shiney Guy!! :)

Tied for second was KMSEMPERFI [COP] & Aslan [COP]

Pretty sure EM Eira mentioned there would be a plaque placed in the PvP Fight Club and a small trophy in the Players Award Hall.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any rules? caster/dexer groups? Were you allowed to chug? How about specials? Too bad I had to work last Saturday.

And who is the dude accusing the winner "cheating"?

Fight club is looking great.

S

Skullcollector

Very cool, thank you for the update. Congrats to Azureous, KMS and Aslan for the top three spots and a big applause for Az takin the first place spot!

Thank you Queen Mum for the screenies of the event.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey look thats me!(Note: I am the one in the first pic taking a dirt nap face down =D)

I had no complaints about the rules but some did.

5 pots max total, no healing after 5 min, no forms, no poison, no disarm, no summons, that kind of stuff.

Im not sure who that is saying that. That pic is about right in the middle of the tourny so the winner had no been decided yet, I am not sure who they were reffering too.

Incase anyone was curious I was able to secure last place.

R

Ruffles

Few questions...

How do the EM's handle attacks with people in the audience? How do you know who attacked first?

If you are attacked by someone in the audience...what is the best way to handle it so that you are not also banned?

When is the next one? That was fun watching the duels.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do the EM's handle attacks with people in the audience? How do you know who attacked first?
I'll tell you how I handle it Ruffles. You make sure that whoever is in your guild talking trash has the skill to back it up BEFORE they open their traps and get shut down in front of everyone. :) That's how *I* handle it. Right Nomercy? haha I love the pictures of his corpse in the stands. Thanks for that Queen Mum. Too bad I didn't get to shut COP down in the ring tho. I signed up too. The EM wouldn't let me. Grrr. I was COUNTING on taking KMS out too. haha

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Few questions...

If you are attacked by someone in the audience...what is the best way to handle it so that you are not also banned?

When is the next one? That was fun watching the duels.
If yuo attacked someone in audience the EM would ban you from the PvP house and you would not be allowed to compete for this tournemeny. I dont know if its a perma ban or if the ban is lifted for whenever the next event is.

I dont think there is a date set yet for the next one. Try checking the EM website. That might help ya, its not listed up there now but it will be when they pick the next date to hold it.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just received a message from the wonderfully spectacular Queen Mum that every first saturday of the month there will be PvP fight club.

So that would be June 6th is when the next event will be held.

I plan on being there and maybe killing someone for a change =D

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just received a message from the wonderfully spectacular Queen Mum that every first saturday of the month there will be PvP fight club.

So that would be June 6th is when the next event will be held.

I plan on being there and maybe killing someone for a change =D
Glad to hear it's a regular event, just sucks for me that it's on Saturdays. I work Thurs-Sat night so I always miss stuff like this.

S

Skullcollector

I am just wondering how fight night works? Are there multi classes of events? I mean is there mage on mage duels, dexer on dexer duels, two totally different classes? Or was it just who ever they throw into the ring?
Can we maybe add a special event and let pre-arranged challenges be fought. No “on the spot” challenges that could start problems but maybe set up a sign up page where two willing players can get a one fight duel. Anyone can do it, if you and a friend want to fight each other for fun or your two ego heads that need to prove a point, what ever. Now these fights would have nothing to do with the outcome of the Fight Night challenge. It would just give some the fight they want and us added entertainment.

Jagerstadt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread is about the fights that went on in the pits, not the fights that went on in the stands. Last warning.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There wasn't any class seperation like there was on the first fight night. Not sure about all the rules about how many pots (I think it was limited to 5), pre-casting, or poisoning, other than when it went into sudden death there wasn't any healing allowed. I showed up late so I missed most of the action.

Not sure if the other side of the arena was for official duels, or if that was for people who wished to duel someone just for the fun of it.

R

Ruffles

With permission I respectfully ask this question:

Are the bans for attacking a spectator going to be permanent?

Ruffles

T

Tiri

I think it would be best to ask EMEira at the next Meet and Greet. Every first Friday each month. Likely it depends why you got yourself banned!

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could also ask Eira yourself at this weeks EM event on thursday. Check the sonoma calender for information.

I will ask as well while I am there and see if we can get an answer. Maybe knowing the rules will be enforced for life will keep people behaving.

S

Skullcollector

I was wondering if EMEira would like a little input on the Fight Night event. Help come up with classes, rules and other things that can enhance this event and make it more fun for everyone. A few others and myself would love to help define Fight Night on Sonoma and even help with the actual event.
If you already have it all taken care of then that’s great and I will see everyone there next month. :)

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stop by this Thursday to see!

Who owns the oasis pits now adays anyways? The EMs should consider hosting one there as a nod to Sonomas history. Wouldnt be very secure however.

T

ThraximusZog

I could EM so much better than these people. Seems all they do is UO weddings and failed pvp events... they don't follow their own rules so I suggest nobody follows them either!!!

but at least there are Ems doing stuff again. I miss Jade :-(

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow I think I agree with Thrax. Here comes the Trammy favoritism all over again. Did you see the RULES in the fight night? It was almost like, you cant use any skill that could ACTUALLY save you or win you a fight... If it could kill Thrax in 2 seconds it wasn't allowed, that was like almost all pvp skills!

I could EM so much better than these people. Seems all they do is UO weddings and failed pvp events... they don't follow their own rules so I suggest nobody follows them either!!!

but at least there are Ems doing stuff again. I miss Jade :-(