• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Few Quesions & In Desperate Need Of IDEAS? **Thanks for ALL help- Room Done!**

K

kray2s

Greetings,

Although peeved and slightly disillusioned with UO at the moment i have decided to plod on and carry on decoing my museum.

I have however, hit a snag.

I have a medium(ish) sized room which i wish to turn into my museum curators office! i have 1 wall covered in benches showing numerous deeds, however i have still got a lot of deeded rares i wanted to put in this room but i am fed up of using benches and tables of any description. So does anyone have any idea how to display deeds with out benches or tables and also without putting them inside a box???? (would ideally like a unique(ish) way of doing this).

Also any one got any deco ideas that may liven this room up a little?
I am lost for ideas as to what a curator might have in his or her office and also the room in general needs a little "ooomph" to it, as the ammount of deeds isnt exactly going to grab attention and draw your eye to the room. Would ideally like to achieve this without using planters as there going to be in abundance in the hallway enterance to this room.

Any help very much apprieciated:)

Thank you all in advance.

**edit = to include a screen shot of room.

**edit 2**

Well it has been done:) I have posted the final design in a reply further down but just because im so chuffed with it i posted it here too:p

BIG BIG THANKS to all who offered advice and guidance:)

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any chance we could see a screen shot of the room? I can think of ideas better when I see the area Im working with.

K

kray2s

there we go:)

The bags and chests only contain items i have been trying out in the room and will not be staying in there! Just want this to look like a nice office for a respectable curator lol

ty for any help (pic in original post)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the desk outside the curator's office, why not continue with that on the west wall of the office, but expand it to include shelving upwards.... could even make it double wide for more display area since you've got lots of room there

W

Wilde1

First of all, its a neat idea and what you have so far provides a nice foundation. For accent ideas, a heritage rug under the curators chair and desk might be nice, and portrait or two (or a black bust on a stand) might be nice for the side wall.

Also have a few storage ideas. I thought I saw someone do scroll storage with chopped elven tables (the long low ones), side storage is difficult. If you have stacks, you might put them around the chair and one on the desk, like the curator has a stack of work in progress, in order to free up the wall space.

Someone also did a nice job making display cases (http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=101517). I wonder if a narrower one of those would fit along the side and bottom wall, with some portraits above on the side wall

Finally, you could make an ashyn counter with square storage boxes underneath, lining the side and bottom wall, then put things on it for display. Itd give you storage and display space. I did this in my workshop (http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=100129).

Good luck with the space!

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Possibly rubble Display cases?

I konw people hate to customize after getting them setup but the Bars work nicley also.

K

kray2s

i do have some rubble left but i think im gonna go with the bar top / goza counter. Reading the comments posted have persauded me to continue with a form of unity hehhehe

ty all for your posts and your help:)

K

kray2s

Here it is the finalised curators office (finalised at least for now lol)

Will add pic to original post too :)

Thank you to all here who have helped me :) i apprieciate it so so much!!

K

kray2s

I like the desk outside the curator's office, why not continue with that on the west wall of the office, but expand it to include shelving upwards.... could even make it double wide for more display area since you've got lots of room there
it worked lol *thumbsup*

K

kray2s

I really like how that came out, very nice!
Thank you! It's really nice to hear that from a seasoned deco'er such as your self:)

Personally i was a littled worried that the items on the top would "slip" under the goza mats as it was impossible to raise items sat on the top any further up with the deco tool.

Really impressed myself and also finding decoing very theraputic (if that how it is spelt lol)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dang, that did turn out really well :) nice job!

as for getting things higher on the mats up there.... sometimes, not always, but sometimes you can trick that little height restriction irritation.... pop a coin up there and set the item again

I've had the tool tell me I can't raise something and with coins got them much higher... no idea why it works, but sometimes it does

now if I could only figure out how to walk on a roof