• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Few IMPORTANT Ques...

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unraveling: Can you unravel enhanced items? Such as Val, Ver, DC, Gold, barbed, horned... Can you unravel those?

Flying: Does it take a few seconds to get going as it does like the ethy pump...

CHamps: Can humans/Elves get to ALL the champs? Or are their certain champs that ONLY cater to gargoyles... ALSO, Do the new champs have all one boss, or is it possible for a Barracoon to pop on one or all of them?

Throwing: Is it Swds skill... Or does it have it's own skill... Or is it based on your Sewds, arch, or something...

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unraveling: Can you unravel enhanced items? Such as Val, Ver, DC, Gold, barbed, horned... Can you unravel those?

Flying: Does it take a few seconds to get going as it does like the ethy pump...

CHamps: Can humans/Elves get to ALL the champs? Or are their certain champs that ONLY cater to gargoyles... ALSO, Do the new champs have all one boss, or is it possible for a Barracoon to pop on one or all of them?

Throwing: Is it Swds skill... Or does it have it's own skill... Or is it based on your Sewds, arch, or something...

I can try to answer some of the questions. During open beta magic items could be unravelled but the imbuing guide located here: http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=282 says that special items cannot be unravelled. I guess we won't know until it goes live.

I haven't timed it but it seems like it is faster to get flight going than to use an etheral mount.

Throwing is a new skill and has it's own weapons. You get a bonus for having swordsmanship and you can read about it here: http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=281

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't try them personally, but anyone can reach the champs. As far as I know, they are built around their own spawn/champ and are not a rotating site.

They are two large and complex battlefields (with an added layer of rewards which Draconi described as using a Doomlike system in the HoC chat) each with their own unique spawn/champion and two entrances: one in a Fel dungeon, one in the Tram Abyss. But as of the open beta, they weren't yet finished.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can try to answer some of the questions. During open beta magic items could be unravelled but the imbuing guide located here: http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=282 says that special items cannot be unravelled. I guess we won't know until it goes live.

I haven't timed it but it seems like it is faster to get flight going than to use an etheral mount.

Throwing is a new skill and has it's own weapons. You get a bonus for having swordsmanship and you can read about it here: http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=281
WOW< that helped a LOT, thanks!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Yes.

Yes.

All toons can go to the new champs/peerless. They have a set boss.

Throwing is its own skill, but damage is based on your distance. Up close, throwing takes a hit, but this can be negated by also having the swords skill. In other words, when you're ranged, your throwing weapons check your throwing skill; when you're toe-to-toe, your throwing weapons check your swords skill (if you have it). That's my understanding, at least.
Answers in bold.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Hm...well, in open beta, I seemed to be able to...but things may have changed. Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong. o_O

But I can confirm for certain that humans/elves can do the new champs/peerless. At least, they could in beta.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you sure... people are arguing the fact that you only can unravel non enhanced items.
The original Q&A long ago said that you would not be able to unravel enhanced items or artifacts.

However, by the time the open beta rolled around, this had been changed.

( you can unravel enhanced items and you can enhance imbued items but you cannot imbue enhanced items ... that one restriction leads to a lot of typos in conversations )

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The original Q&A long ago said that you would not be able to unravel enhanced items or artifacts.

However, by the time the open beta rolled around, this had been changed.

( you can unravel enhanced items and you can enhance imbued items but you cannot imbue enhanced items ... that one restriction leads to a lot of typos in conversations )
Awesome, thanks.