• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

fel pvp tournament [Postponed]

EM Spriggan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So here are the preliminary rules:

PVP Tournament

2 on 2, any templates allowed (as long as they follow the rules).

Rules:

1. No resurrecting until the duel is over
2. The following spells are not allowed: paralyze field; Protection
3. No leaving the duel area until the duel is over
4. No buffing before the duel
5. No casting of any kind unless in the dueling area.
6. No pets (pvp does not stand for player vs pet)
7. All duels will be conducted on foot

Participants must join in groups of two, and will be bracketed by me. There will be no item rewards. The winning team will have their names placed on a plaque at fel WBB. If the event becomes weekly, then the plaque’s names will be updated for each winning team (as well as noting any team winning streak, if applicable).

This is an experimental tournament. It will be held this Thursday, and any future tournaments hosted by me will depend entirely on the level of maturity displayed at this one. One more time to be clear: The maturity level displayed by participants here will determine the future of fel events hosted by me.

A gate will be placed at the Bucs Den bank that will take participants to the arena.

This is meant to be a fair fight between two teams - hence the banning of x-fields, pots, disarms, and protection. Those are the most easily abused abilities and are not used by proper duelists.

As this is an experimental tournament, all rules are subject to change.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or anything else you'd like to add on this subject, please post it here. And keep it respectful.

EM Spriggan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Re: fel pvp tournament [Updated 7 November]

If any teams are wanting to participate, each team can send me an email naming the two team members and a brief outline of their template (won't be shared with other players). Each player may only register one fighter per tournament. Team members are allowed to be changed before the tournament.

In the event that there are way more teams than I think can be handled in a single event, spots will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.

A

Atlantic Smith

Re: fel pvp tournament [Updated 8 November, rules change]

So this duel looks like it's more geared towards dexxers.

Well if you ever have a mage tourney I'll be interested. Have fun with the ting, ting fest.

No pots and allowing poisoning......yay.

History

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yep Dexxer fights.

Proper duelists win. Too many rules against things that keep mages alive. You know a Bush Dexxer is going to win....lol

Maybe something like in a maze or something? Something close to real UO PvP. Maybe a everything goes team event? Would be fun.

EM Spriggan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

dueling field won't just be a big open area. There will be things to restrict movement, like in non-controlled environment

B

Beleth of Atlantic

I am not a hardcore pvper but my mains template is based around protection. I try to play Beleth as a tank mage with a focus on melee and thus use protection to get heals off easily.

I am not up to date on current pvp but how is protection overpowering? By using it my FC cap is set to 0 so I sacrifice speed for success no?

EM Spriggan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

I am not up to date on current pvp but how is protection overpowering? By using it my FC cap is set to 0 so I sacrifice speed for success no?
because pairing it with cleansing wind makes for an unkillable player

B

Beleth of Atlantic

Ok good to know.

Sadly I am not a Mystic but regardless I wouldn't be able to attend this tournament anyways so hopefully Mystics get nerfed before I can attend a future one =p

catfish154

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thats great, an EM recognizes that a mystic in protection, casting cleansing winds is unkillable.

EM Spriggan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

Tourney is now postponed due to an RL thing that just came up. Sorry guys, I'll announce a new date when I have one

ATLPvPer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

because pairing it with cleansing wind makes for an unkillable player
Only it doesn't. A mystic-mage has purge magic. A dexxer or archer can completely out-damage cleansing winds, unless their template is also completely defensive (which cw+prot is, also).

A necro-mage should be the only template who has trouble with cleansing winds/protection.

I'm AMAZED that you are restricting things like protection, but in an enclosed area you are going to allow deadly poison?

I completely appreciate your effort to brign tournaments like this. EMs on Atlantic need to take advantage of the large PvP community.

BUT unfair rules, very dexxer biased, need to be altered. Do you realize one player with a DP Kryss and no cure pots allowed will completely dominate this tournament? Protection is the least of your worries. By the way - para field is irrelevent. Everyone uses trap boxes. You should not let a mage get off 10 para fields, especially if protection is barred.

When you restart this tournament, please take a look at the rules. Add no DP.